ADVERTISEMENT

Suriano to Rutgers?

Well, it is a cesspool.

Pleased to know that this kind of information wouldn't get traction anywhere else.

https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threads/why-twitter-is-bad.176624/

tenor.gif

I'm not going to get into speculating on the merits of the rumors, but from a distance, I would buy that Suriano's personality is not quite like that which was on display during the second half of the 2017 NCAA National Finals. No comment on its importance, though, as I have no idea.

Here is video of Suriano resisting and overpowering Cael's f**bots.

They're nervous. I'd be nervous, too, if I were they. It's kinda f*** to be the hunter.;)

#IowaWrestlingChangingTheGame
What part would you be nervous about? Having five returning national champs without Suriano (who will have his chance as a Lion to get there next year), the recruiting classes coming in? The rumors aren't scary- they are entertaining....

Reactions: Creek Side
I see a lot of whining on both forums. Tis the offseason...

The difference is that you have a few posters that almost always run back to BWI and report almost everything that is said here about a topic. Usually, it's blown way out of proportion or just plain wrong information. I don't see many people here that do that or really even care about what goes on there. Yet, PSU fans always claim that HR is obsessed with them.

The difference is that you have a few posters that almost always run back to BWI and report almost everything that is said here about a topic. Usually, it's blown way out of proportion or just plain wrong information. I don't see many people here that do that or really even care about what goes on there. Yet, PSU fans always claim that HR is obsessed with them.

That's fair to say that more PSU posters report back to BWI than vice a versa. However, the obsession goes both ways. I see plenty of threads here about Penn State that are started by Iowa posters. Anyway, I guess that's the price we pay for having the 2 most active wrestling boards (by far).

The 7 members of the RU board have stretched the Suriano thread to a page? Great, the fact that HR with all its members has kept it to 2 pages is impressive

Make that a few hawk fans, and a bunch of PSU lurkers and trolls. Just glad they are here to set us straight.

Can you imagine what the this place would be like without most of the Debbie trolls on the football forums and Lion trolls on the wrestling forum?

Pure bliss and harmony. We must protect our borders, let's build a wall...

I don't buy this at all but out of curiosity, if Suriano really is homesick, how far of a drive does he have right now getting home from psu?

That's fair to say that more PSU posters report back to BWI than vice a versa. However, the obsession goes both ways. I see plenty of threads here about Penn State that are started by Iowa posters. Anyway, I guess that's the price we pay for having the 2 most active wrestling boards (by far).

Yes, plenty of posts about Penn State here started by Iowa posters but hardly any that are started with "Look at what's going on over at BWI." HR's obsession seems to be more with the Penn State wrestling team whereas BWI is more obsessed with the thoughts and opinions of Iowa's fans. Neither is healthy but that's just the way I see it.

Yes, plenty of posts about Penn State here started by Iowa posters but hardly any that are started with "Look at what's going on over at BWI." HR's obsession seems to be more with the Penn State wrestling team whereas BWI is more obsessed with the thoughts and opinions of Iowa's fans. Neither is healthy but that's just the way I see it.

Okay, I'll admit I started one thread at BWI to draw attention to happenings on HR, the subject of which was a poster going by the handle of PDIII lighting a match over here. FWIW, I did not do so to criticize or make fun of HR. Some of us outsiders just appreciate good comedy, and we had been anticipating HR to bring a strong game the day the Downeys (or their impersonators) showed up here. So yeah, it was more a compliment than anything.

For the record, I'm not dismissing your claims as baseless -- they do have merit with respect to a handful of individuals. But not all "look what's happening at HR" posts are negative, just like not all HR mentions of PSU are negative. There is a lot of crap on both sides to navigate around, though.

Are you referring to the girl or the money...or both?

This is the Penn State wrestling welcoming committee. The girls don't come out until there are Rutgers transfer rumours. (Jersey girls have nothing on Pennsylvania girls.)
giphy.gif

(Bael is going to kill me for giving away the game plan.)

Last edited:
Reactions: whejoe
Also heard from multiple sources that Nick and his dad aren't all too keen on the atmosphere and vibe in the PSU room... Or the way his injury was handled. Way too much smoke for no fire on this one.

Won't shock me in the least to see him leave Happy Valley... Where he ends up, if anywhere, I have zero clue, but Rutgers seems very plausible.

Absolutely priceless that PSU fans have twisted these words into me saying he was transferring to Iowa...

Make no mistake, Suriano was as close to being a Hawkeye from the jump as possible without it actually happening. Also, you're fooling yourself if you think he and his family haven't considered the possibility of transferring to Iowa. That seems dead in the water now though due to reasons I don't know, but it's 100% true that Nick and his family aren't happy in Happy Valley.

Absolutely priceless that PSU fans have twisted these words into me saying he was transferring to Iowa...

Make no mistake, Suriano was as close to being a Hawkeye from the jump as possible without it actually happening. Also, you're fooling yourself if you think he and his family haven't considered the possibility of transferring to Iowa. That seems dead in the water now though due to reasons I don't know, but it's 100% true that Nick and his family aren't happy in Happy Valley.
Man Gobblin... You have A LOT of connections in the know!

One of which is a huge PSU fan and HS coach in Pennsylvania... He's pretty bummed out. Have a sensible day!
I'm not saying that the rumor isn't true, and if it happens, I'll also be bummed out. The kid will probably be a National Champ. But you made a lot of definitive claims in that post. A Good Day to you also.

I'm not saying that the rumor isn't true, and if it happens, I'll also be bummed out. The kid will probably be a National Champ. But you made a lot of definitive claims in that post. A Good Day to you also.

He, or anyone else aren't 100% sure either, but it's far more than just a rumor... But he's bummed out just knowing it's a legit possibility... That was my only point in originally mentioning the situation.

I have a lot more details on Surianos recruitment, but it's stuff that isn't meant for public message board fodder out of respect for coaching staffs and families.

Gobblin has taken a lot of flak, especially lately, but his info has always been appreciated by most I feel. Lots of these situations are very dynamic and things can change from week to week and even day to day. His info during the Suriano recruitment was spot on but then other things happened behind the scenes. Even before I started posting, I read/lurked a lot and always appreciated any nuggets that were provided by him. I think in the overall grand scheme of things he's been 'right' more than 'wrong' so I view him as a very credible source.

i`M pretty sure Cael is all over this. Don`t see any more then working out with some local friends over the
summer.

Gobblin has taken a lot of flak, especially lately, but his info has always been appreciated by most I feel. Lots of these situations are very dynamic and things can change from week to week and even day to day. His info during the Suriano recruitment was spot on but then other things happened behind the scenes. Even before I started posting, I read/lurked a lot and always appreciated any nuggets that were provided by him. I think in the overall grand scheme of things he's been 'right' more than 'wrong' so I view him as a very credible source.

Appreciate the kind words Lax, but don't sweat it bud... I couldn't care less what 75% of this board, let alone 100% of any other boards think. This shit's been going on for years. I do find the obsession with my words as funny as I do pathetic though... I love talking wrestling and will continue to discuss and share things as I please on this board for folks like yourself to discuss... And sleep plenty well at night doing it. Cheers!

Someone should keep a tally of how often Goblin is correct. Has to be atleast 83% of the time.
Sounds about right. The Slaton reinstatement was about the only thing I recall him flat-out being wrong, and that was over five years ago when certain conditions were still 'fluid' . He's got far more useful info than most.

We just want what's best for Suriano (provided a hawk isn't his opponent).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT