ADVERTISEMENT

Suriano to Rutgers?

A few on your board were quite worried too.

I was one of them. Lot's of smoke and losing Nick would hurt.

The point was Gobblin posts a lot of info as if it's fact "heard from a coach, 3 sources" when it's nothing but speculation/rumors

The point was Gobblin posts a lot of info as if it's fact "heard from a coach, 3 sources" when it's nothing but speculation/rumors

He does not post it as "fact". He clearly states he hears these things from a source. As in, it's a rumor, not a "fact".

Where did he ever state this as fact? In your head to fit your narrative? Reading comprehension is hard.

Hey, at least Gobblin is confirming he has sources. Can't say the same for others, including some who gather and report wrestling news/information in a professional capacity.

Whether one wants to take stock in a particular source is an individual decision. Like a particular BWI thread is titled, "don't shoot the messenger" . . .

Meh...I happen to know where Gobblin gets his info...his sources are legit. But even some of these coaches, wrestlers, staff members only pass on what they know at the time. Situations are fluid and can change. Example, I was told that Madrigal was headed to a certain school by a source very close to the situation...pretty much a lock and should be announced soon. A week later, heard from the same guy he got a better offer to Okie at the last second. It happens.

Now, Gobblin didn't start this rumor or further it on Twitter...he had heard some stuff but never shared it until it became relevant to the conversation.

Meh...I happen to know where Gobblin gets his info...his sources are legit. But even some of these coaches, wrestlers, staff members only pass on what they know at the time. Situations are fluid and can change. Example, I was told that Madrigal was headed to a certain school by a source very close to the situation...pretty much a lock and should be announced soon. A week later, heard from the same guy he got a better offer to Okie at the last second. It happens.

Now, Gobblin didn't start this rumor or further it on Twitter...he had heard some stuff but never shared it until it became relevant to the conversation.
Chief - So what you're saying is this "new info" might also turn out to be false? Maybe some HWC wagers will result from this.

Reactions: IAChief32
If you don't like what Gobblin says than stay off our site. He is more welcome than you are and I trust what he tells us
People have a hard time hearing what they don't want to hear, and become defensive as a result. Just because something doesn't materialize, doesn't mean it never had legs. It's always more likely that someone doesn't transfer or that someone doesn't decommit, but it doesn't make what Gobblin says false. Christian Pyles is the same guy that told us he was "very confident" Lugo would not be attending Iowa. Meanwhile, Lugo was quoted as saying Iowa was in the lead two weeks later. Now his word is gold, because it's what a particular fan base wants to hear.

And who said they didn't?

My post was about the Big Ten not allowing an athlete to transfer to another Big Ten school and compete right away. You quoted and said "Jarrod Uthoff". If that wasn't the intent of your response than I am not sure what you were getting at.

Reactions: Pennstate1985
My sources tell me the Suriano sit-down put a strain on the old NLWC Visa card.
How do you actually get your information from these sources? In a trench coat in some clandestine locale? From a tin can at the end of a string from 50 feet away? Smoke signals? Winks and nods like at an auction? How does this source cultivating thing work because I've been thinking about developing a second career and being a source conduit for message boards seems lucrative. ;)

How do you actually get your information from these sources? In a trench coat in some clandestine locale? From a tin can at the end of a string from 50 feet away? Smoke signals? Winks and nods like at an auction? How does this source cultivating thing work because I've been thinking about developing a second career and being a source conduit for message boards seems lucrative. ;)

Got to know how to grab it..

My post was about the Big Ten not allowing an athlete to transfer to another Big Ten school and compete right away. You quoted and said "Jarrod Uthoff". If that wasn't the intent of your response than I am not sure what you were getting at.
They have to sit a year regardless of where they transfer to,

They have to sit a year regardless of where they transfer to,

No they don't. Larry Early transferred from Minnesota in the middle of this season and wrestled in the MAC championships for Old Dominion.

"2016-17: After transferring from Minnesota midway through the season, Early stepped in as the starter at 157 lbs. during the second semester... Posted a 17-8 record with a 3-1 mark in dual meets... Registered a fifth-place finish at the MAC Championships, going 3-2... Took first place at the App State Open, going 4-0 on the day... Picked up three major decisions and one tech. fall victory."

http://www.odusports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=211427725&DB_OEM_ID=31100

Hey wait a second. Willie tweets that Suriano transfer rumors are out there but he can't vouch for them, threads start popping up on the different boards, then CP tweets a few days later that it's not happening.

Those guys are like Randolph and Mortimer Duke!

People have a hard time hearing what they don't want to hear, and become defensive as a result. Just because something doesn't materialize, doesn't mean it never had legs. It's always more likely that someone doesn't transfer or that someone doesn't decommit, but it doesn't make what Gobblin says false. Christian Pyles is the same guy that told us he was "very confident" Lugo would not be attending Iowa. Meanwhile, Lugo was quoted as saying Iowa was in the lead two weeks later. Now his word is gold, because it's what a particular fan base wants to hear.

Rider976: [Hey wait a second. Willie tweets that Suriano transfer rumors are out there but he can't vouch for them, threads start popping up on the different boards, then CP tweets a few days later that it's not happening.]

FLO giveth and FLO taketh away.

Hey wait a second. Willie tweets that Suriano transfer rumors are out there but he can't vouch for them, threads start popping up on the different boards, then CP tweets a few days later that it's not happening.

Those guys are like Randolph and Mortimer Duke!
You realize CP is as a huge of a dipshit as there is. He don't know anything.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT