ADVERTISEMENT

Suriano to Rutgers?

What's the difference come NCAA time? A couple of points??? Cortez is not going 133.

I know you guys don't like Cael, but he's certainly not stupid. But he's also not going to cowtow to anyone, so that may be the case here.

Having a national qualifier who you might be able to get to a low AA (unless you are saying he doesn't have a shot) versus a legit hole? Yea, I think that would matter to Cael. He's bored with winning titles...he wants 10AAs or the scoring record. He wants the best team of all time.

Having a national qualifier who you might be able to get to a low AA (unless you are saying he doesn't have a shot) versus a legit hole? Yea, I think that would matter to Cael. He's bored with winning titles...he wants 10AAs or the scoring record. He wants the best team of all time.
It's coming anyway;)

It's coming anyway;)

Nah...you guys need Suriano to do it this year. Zain's points leave (thank God) after this year. Now, if you guys get Joey and he wrestles this year, then that might make up for it somewhat. Still, I thought if you guys got Joey, w/Suriano...you had a chance.

That may have been the rumor, but it just doesn't seem kosher given PSU/Cael's track record. Cael was quoted last September as saying he'd like Bo to stay at 174 for the upcoming year - how did that end up working out? Why would he have to stay at 125 this year - for Cory Keener???? Even in future years, is he kicking out 3 years of Suriano for Teasdale to get an extra year at 133? Or for Busiello or some other recruit who has never wrestled a day at D1? Doesn't make sense...

To me, going home to a comfortable college environment makes the most sense.
Might've not even been something that was a plan for this upcoming season. You guys did a helluva job recruiting this past year but a lot of those guys will be 133/141 and overlapping each other, Obviously that's a great problem to have for any team but I've never seen Suriano as a career 125 so he'll probably be in there battling with guys like RBY and possibly Teasdale for a starting spot and my guess would be at this current moment in time Cael see's his best line up with Nick at 125 similar to me and my Buckeye faithful do with Nate at the same class next season. Of course that's speculation on my part as I'm going off of what CP and Willie said.

Nah...you guys need Suriano to do it this year. Zain's points leave (thank God) after this year. Now, if you guys get Joey and he wrestles this year, then that might make up for it somewhat. Still, I thought if you guys got Joey, w/Suriano...you had a chance.

Dahm, you bumped this thread and then the rumors just explode. Nostradamus like. Impressive.

Dahm, you bumped this thread and then the rumors just explode. Nostradamus like. Impressive.

Can't take credit for this one. More guys out there that are "in the know" than me...just thought today would be a good day to bump it :)

Reactions: rider976
Interesting (From Bopper on BWI):

"According to the person I have been getting my info from Nick will be eligible right away. His dad is using the claim that he shouldn't have been thrown out there with the injury. Using this against Cael and in his fight to the NCAA and will be granted a full release if this goes through. Nick has been at SKWC a lot wrestling and rolling around with Edgar. Has no intentions on making his way back to happy valley. Doesn't look good for the good guys. Again I don't know Nick but this is just what I am hearing from the Rutgers side."

Sounds like a lot of supposition.

pizk3.jpg

First you were salty, now so serious. Gotta get you back in early McConaughey mode.

"According to the person I have been getting my info from Nick will be eligible right away. His dad is using the claim that he shouldn't have been thrown out there with the injury. Using this against Cael and in his fight to the NCAA and will be granted a full release if this goes through. Nick has been at SKWC a lot wrestling and rolling around with Edgar. Has no intentions on making his way back to happy valley. Doesn't look good for the good guys. Again I don't know Nick but this is just what I am hearing from the Rutgers side."

So he is not coming to Iowa then?

pizk3.jpg

First you were salty, now so serious. Gotta get you back in early McConaughey mode.

Wayment...I thought we were talking wrestling and debating a record breaking lineup? No salt intended. I was pretty impressed that you kept it below five paragraphs tho ;)

Reactions: DirkTang1
Wayment...I thought we were talking wrestling and debating a record breaking lineup? No salt intended. I was pretty impressed that you kept it below five paragraphs tho ;)
Five paragraphs and above is reserved for talking wrestling only, not ball busting. My repertoire is limited beyond the full scope of "your mama" jokes in that regard.

Someone on here stated they were unhappy with how the injury was handled. Not sure who it was :cool:

Someone on here stated they were unhappy with how the injury was handled. Not sure who it was :cool:
Actually, Bopper said his RU source claimed that Suriano's dad was going to say that Cael forcing Suriano back after injury (??????) was the basis for the appeal to the B1G to grant their waiver of the B1G rule. Which makes almost no sense (actually, NO sense) but we're running with everything.

Actually, Bopper said his RU source claimed that Suriano's dad was going to say that Cael forcing Suriano back after injury (??????) was the basis for the appeal to the B1G to grant their waiver of the B1G rule. Which makes almost no sense (actually, NO sense) but we're running with everything.
Suriano is smart enough to figure out that Cael is a selfish ass. He would screw over any kid on his team if it suits his agenda.

Suriano is smart enough to figure out that Cael is a selfish ass. He would screw over any kid on his team if it suits his agenda.
4d149398414f13784f7c0c02bd4fa50b.jpg

CP just posted on BWI that this is, indeed, a thing again. He walked back his original Tweet about Suriano not leaving, but also said that he's not definitely leaving. Just that it's not a sure thing that he stays.

The day the F*N died?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT