ADVERTISEMENT

Suriano

NS had covid and could not wrestle in the olympic trials. NaTo defeated NS in the World team trials, not Vito. Nato Lost to Vito on a passivity/stall call.
He just showed up at ASU- they helped him train before the trials then he bolts after he chokes at WTT.
Suriano is a head case and I would not want him on my team but he is good for wrestling as a whole.
Suriano also lost to Vito at the 2019 Senior Nationals. That was at 57kg, so Suriano was at 125 in 2019. No signs of running out of gas there for either of them.

Last edited:
I typically don’t pay too much attention to what other teams are doing other than how what they do may affect the Hawks, but with Michigan not being on Iowa’s dual schedule, I couldn’t help but notice how good Michigans dual on Jan 21st with PSU will be. If Suriano isn’t down to 125 by then we could see RBY vs Suriano, then Nick Lee vs Micic. How bout Aaron Brooks vs Myles Amine?! Should be great. Oh and when it’s over on the B10 Iowa wrestles Ohio St on the road. Good way to spend a Friday night.

Last edited:
I typically don’t pay too much attention to what other teams are doing other than how what they do may affect the Hawks, but with Michigan not being on Iowa’s dual schedule, I couldn’t help but notice how good Michigans dual on Jan 21st with PSU will be. If Suriano isn’t down to 125 by then. We could see RBY vs Suriano, then Nick Lee vs Micic. How bout Aaron Brooks vs Myles Amine? Should be great. Oh and when it’s over on the B10 Iowa wrestles Ohio St on the road. Good way to spend a Friday night.
That sounds marvy. However, we’ll have to check seasonal flight patterns of certain migratory birds before some match ups can be confirmed.

That sounds marvy. However, we’ll have to check seasonal flight patterns of certain migratory birds before some match ups can be confirmed.
Funny you mention it, I recently watched an interview of Suriano after he beat ADS to make the finals of the B10. The interviewer asks how he feels about Micic medically forfeiting and Suriano is clearly disgusted. He laughs and says “it seems like a trend” and goes off on all the injuries he has and talks about him coming to fight. Could b some fur flying in that practice room.

Nick is a tough wrestler, we all know that, but he looks so much smaller and weaker at 125 than he did the year he went 133. 133 is the better weight for him and he looked chiseled at the higher weight versus emaciated and small at 125. Making weight on 3 consecutive days won't be easy for him at 125 and yes they get a pound a day, but it will be hard. The fans of the other teams are holding out hope that Lee is hobbled this year and keep spreading that banter. Why do you think they are letting Lee get ready and are slow playing his re-entry? I believe we will see the Lee of last year through the Big 10 finals... If you know Nick, the real dislike is for the Fix clan. He knows the history of favoritism showed to Fix and then the PED use... There is no love lost there... Also, I would think that Vito knocking him out of the trials would be weighing on him... a revenge factor is there as well, because Nick can beat Vito.... I don't know what weight he goes, but regardless of the decision, FLO loves having Nick back in the College ranks and the NCAA season just got more interesting.
I might be mistaken but I think they have to make scratch weight daily.

I typically don’t pay too much attention to what other teams are doing other than how what they do may affect the Hawks, but with Michigan not being on Iowa’s dual schedule, I couldn’t help but notice how good Michigans dual on Jan 21st with PSU will be. If Suriano isn’t down to 125 by then we could see RBY vs Suriano, then Nick Lee vs Micic. How bout Aaron Brooks vs Myles Amine?! Should be great. Oh and when it’s over on the B10 Iowa wrestles Ohio St on the road. Good way to spend a Friday night.
Kerk vs Parris after Kerk beat him in free is a match I’ll be waiting to see as well. Brucki vs Dean/Beard not bad either.

Reactions: so cal hawkfan
Would love to see both Vito and NS at 125 and have SL go against top competitors. After 25 cleared out and the Ivy League bailed, we missed out on better matchups. I mean it’s fun watching SL tech folks in the 1st, but …

It’s a tad ridiculous is it not? Tough to call him a student athlete when he’s clearly just a hired gun for a semester. I wonder if he attends any classes at all.
I wonder if he actually will attend in their masters program? I tend to think his time there maybe just to get him to 2024 trials so maybe he will try for his masters. On the other hand I think he most likely just wants the fame and his last shot on making that NIL money then going MMA.

Last edited:
Reactions: BanjoSaysWoof
This hurts PSU. think Suriano put added strain on PSU! Brucki can present problems for PSU too. I think Iowa and Michigan are top two teams! Not sure Micic will be too much of a threat at 41, where I heard he is going! But both those two looked pretty salty in freestyle lately. Suriano at 25 and Micic at 33 would cement them at #2, with Brucki a solid addition too. Arms race thru the transfer portal! That wasn’t allowed years ago in Big Ten.

Michigan is no threat to win the title. They're a distant 3rd, if that. Getting a likely 20 points is huge, but they could easily not AA at the following weights:

133, 149, 157, 165, 174, 197. I bet Brucki doesn't AA. 197 is unreal.

He laughs and says “it seems like a trend” and goes off on all the injuries he has and talks about him coming to fight. Could b some fur flying in that practice room.

One of the big reasons Suriano is at Michigan is because of Micic. They practiced a lot together at ASU. They get along pretty well all things considering.

Michigan is no threat to win the title. They're a distant 3rd, if that. Getting a likely 20 points is huge, but they could easily not AA at the following weights:

133, 149, 157, 165, 174, 197. I bet Brucki doesn't AA. 197 is unreal.

One of the big reasons Suriano is at Michigan is because of Micic. They practiced a lot together at ASU. They get along pretty well all things considering.
I think it’s even fair to say they aren’t guaranteed an AA at 141. It’s been 3 years since Micic wrestled a folkstyle match. We still haven’t seen him this year, and he’s never wrestled at 141. I don’t think it’s outlandish to think he could lose in QF and then Rd12. Not to mention he has been injured in the past and not been fully healthy come March.

I think it’s even fair to say they aren’t guaranteed an AA at 141. It’s been 3 years since Micic wrestled a folkstyle match. We still haven’t seen him this year, and he’s never wrestled at 141. I don’t think it’s outlandish to think he could lose in QF and then Rd12. Not to mention he has been injured in the past and not been fully healthy come March.
There are no guarantees, but the odds of Micic being an AA are extremely high, IMO. If he's healthy I would be stunned if he didn't, but yeah it's a ways off. Maybe he'll just wrestle Big Tens and Nationals like the trend seems to be going..........

You are incorrect.
So…. He was right…
There are no guarantees, but the odds of Micic being an AA are extremely high, IMO. If he's healthy I would be stunned if he didn't, but yeah it's a ways off. Maybe he'll just wrestle Big Tens and Nationals liketthe trend seems to be going..........
Ha! A new term for the day. Parachute competitors. Delivered to the arena by helicopter parents.

Micic is extremely talented and I fear that if he isn't actually pulling a ton of weight he could be very lethal.

I'm surprised he got past the U of M admissions office.
Not disagreeing with Nicky push ups being a hired gun for a semester but he did Graduate from Rutgers already with high marks so probably didn't have a problem with admissions at Michigan

Last edited:
Not disagreeing with Nicky push ups being a hired gun for a semester but he did Graduate from Rutgers already with high marks so probably didn't have a problem with admissions at Michigan
How would you know his grades? That is protected private information. Are you related or his coach?

Reactions: moug
What. Neither.. but when guys do good academically it's not a secret!..Pretty sure I remember most Iowa fans knew all of PD2s grades
Was he named to any academic all B1G or similar? I don’t recall that he was, but if he was then sure he probably “did good.”

If he graduated with high marks from Rutgers, good for him. Happy to be proven wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT