ADVERTISEMENT

US Open - HWC Expectations

Exo

HR MVP
Mar 6, 2013
PNW
Curious on everyone's expectations and likely matchups.

57Kg - Spencer should see a combination of Glory, Zane Richards, and Nicky Sixpack. Of these three, Suriano is the biggest concern against a banged up Lee.

61Kg - ADS will have to run through Vito, NaTo, Gross. Super excited to see ADS and his progression. He's shown some promise overseas.

65Kg - Patricio at 65Kg. Why was I thinking 70Kg? Evan Henderson/McKenna look like the favorites.

74Kg - Kaleb Young. This weight will be fun to watch with Cenzo, O'toole, Shields.

79Kg - Marinelli/Kem. Another stacked weight class. Contenders are us and Marsteller, Lujan, Dieringer.

I think I missed a few but those are some highlights.

I'm taking when he's said in multiple interviews literally at this point. If the kid says he's absolutely bot hurt and ready to compete in another week then I am going to believe him.

Reactions: Hawkgma
Compare these two and tell me you don’t see a difference. Movement is clearly different. If you can’t see that then you are just a dumbass. I honestly can’t believe that you’ve escaped my block list for so long. Bye bye asshat.

Interesting choice of Piccininni matches to compare. One might agree that the movement in that match compared with the Ramos match is different, but another might say the end of this Piccininni match and the Ramos match were pretty similar:

Movement pretty comparable, outcome the same. Injury or fatigue?

Interesting choice of Piccininni matches to compare. One might agree that the movement in that match compared with the Ramos match is different, but another might say the end of this Piccininni match and the Ramos match were pretty similar:

Movement pretty comparable, outcome the same. Injury or fatigue?
Good question because the year he wrestled Piccininni at OSU was more of a puzzle than this year. Nobody knew, or knows now, what his gas tank issues were then. He also put himself in a bad position with the head to the knee on the splits.

Because of his surgeries Spencer was not able to run. This created stamina issues and made his weight cuts consist mainly of not eating, which caught up with. No excuses there, just facts.
Still, Spencer would not use these as reasons for losing.
The answer could be both or neither

I doubt you really care about getting any opinions from your posed question or you would’ve given some of your insights on which it was.
You created this opportunity to be snarky about Spencer getting pinned twice.
Of course when Carl cornered him in Iowa City, had he been able to persuade him to come to PSU, none of this would have ever happened.

Good question because the year he wrestled Piccininni at OSU was more of a puzzle than this year. Nobody knew, or knows now, what his gas tank issues were then. He also put himself in a bad position with the head to the knee on the splits.

Because of his surgeries Spencer was not able to run. This created stamina issues and made his weight cuts consist mainly of not eating, which caught up with. No excuses there, just facts.
Still, Spencer would not use these as reasons for losing.
The answer could be both or neither

I doubt you really care about getting any opinions from your posed question or you would’ve given some of your insights on which it was.
You created this opportunity to be snarky about Spencer getting pinned twice.
Of course when Carl cornered him in Iowa City, had he been able to persuade him to come to PSU, none of this would have ever happened.
Naw, HawkFan1986 served up a softball . . . but then when I actually watched Spencer’s activity level, movement, and weight distribution in the minute leading up to the fall vs. Picc, it did actually resemble the same vs. Ramos.

No doubt his knee issues held him back in some facets this season (and others), but if you compare his 1st vs. 2nd (or 3rd) period movement, I think fatigue has been a factor even in his healthier seasons.

This is probably off-base, but his efforts to put people away early and then running out of gas if it didn’t happen in the first half of the match has reminded me of my style back in the day. Having asthma, I took the approach of always trying to pin guys early, because I knew a wall was gonna be hit at some point before the 6 minutes was up, and it was not pretty when that wall hit. I could have tried pacing myself, but there is no such control once an exchange heats up — and when my time was up, I was helpless.

The anxiety about the “wall” was only exacerbated my senior season when I was struggling more with weight management on top of the asthma.

I'm taking when he's said in multiple interviews literally at this point. If the kid says he's absolutely bot hurt and ready to compete in another week then I am going to believe him.
He said an injury wasn’t to blame - he didn’t say he was healthy. He’s simply accepting that’s who he is. Just another athlete having to adjust to what he can do, and what he can’t.

Naw, HawkFan1986 served up a softball . . . but then when I actually watched Spencer’s activity level, movement, and weight distribution in the minute leading up to the fall vs. Picc, it did actually resemble the same vs. Ramos.

No doubt his knee issues held him back in some facets this season (and others), but if you compare his 1st vs. 2nd (or 3rd) period movement, I think fatigue has been a factor even in his healthier seasons.

This is probably off-base, but his efforts to put people away early and then running out of gas if it didn’t happen in the first half of the match has reminded me of my style back in the day. Having asthma, I took the approach of always trying to pin guys early, because I knew a wall was gonna be hit at some point before the 6 minutes was up, and it was not pretty when that wall hit. I could have tried pacing myself, but there is no such control once an exchange heats up — and when my time was up, I was helpless.

The anxiety about the “wall” was only exacerbated my senior season when I was struggling more with weight management on top of the asthma.
Fatigue makes cowards of us all.

50% at best.
Some deranged PSU trolls, ISU trolls, and other Iowa haters want so badly for Spencer to be 100% and lose, they just can’t help themselves. They just can’t accept that he’s as good as he is.

I became curious and checked the DSM-V. There is, indeed, an applicable diagnosis in there: Spencer Derangement Syndrome. So whenever Iowa fans run across this creepy obsession with shouting from the rooftops that Spencer Lee is nothing more than a pretty good Iowa wrestler, they can feel free to make the diagnosis of SDS.

Some deranged PSU trolls, ISU trolls, and other Iowa haters want so badly for Spencer to be 100% and lose, they just can’t help themselves. They just can’t accept that he’s as good as he is.

I became curious and checked the DSM-V. There is, indeed, an applicable diagnosis in there: Spencer Derangement Syndrome. So whenever Iowa fans run across this creepy obsession with shouting from the rooftops that Spencer Lee is nothing more than a pretty good Iowa wrestler, they can feel free to make the diagnosis of SDS.
That would be funny if it wasn’t so true.

Damnit...I should enter.

Ok...I am old an fat and only thing I have left going for me is I don't care if I lose...just go for a double and hope it doesn't hurt
Would that double leg be with the arms in or out, nose in the navel or mopping the mat with your face😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT