ADVERTISEMENT

Sweden Close To Victory Over Coronavirus; Never Had A Lockdown Or Mask Mandate

Hawkeyerick

Team MVP
Feb 5, 2003
“Sweden has gone from being the country with the most infections in Europe to the safest one.”

"As the rest of Europe and the world remains under the grip of draconian rules and the threat of new lockdowns, Sweden, which allowed its citizens to remain free throughout the entire pandemic, has pretty much declared victory over the coronavirus."
https://summit.news/2020/09/08/swed...navirus-never-had-a-lockdown-or-mask-mandate/

Sweden

Reactions: your_master5
I never thought I'd see Trump supporters advocating for a national health care system like Sweden's, but here we are. I think I could actually get behind them on that one.
Actually the moral of the story is that Sweden is treating it 100% like it is not Healthcare and has nothing to do with Healthcare.... and we are treating it like it is 100% politics because it is an election year.... who is winning here?

“Sweden has gone from being the country with the most infections in Europe to the safest one.”

"As the rest of Europe and the world remains under the grip of draconian rules and the threat of new lockdowns, Sweden, which allowed its citizens to remain free throughout the entire pandemic, has pretty much declared victory over the coronavirus."
https://summit.news/2020/09/08/swed...navirus-never-had-a-lockdown-or-mask-mandate/

Sweden

One thing to keep in mind is that the data under consideration only counts infections and deaths from the virus, while specifically ignoring all the death that has been and continues to be caused by the lockdowns. Of course, Sweden avoided the lockdown deaths that are ravaging other countries. In other words, as good as things already look for Sweden, they'd look considerably better yet if the data measured both virus deaths and lockdown deaths

I never thought I'd see Trump supporters advocating for a national health care system like Sweden's, but here we are. I think I could actually get behind them on that one.

I never thought I'd find somebody witless enough to imagine having 1/4th the number of ICU beds per capita like Sweden has is a better way to battle a virus than having 4X the number of ICU beds like the US has. Then you came along.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Actually the moral of the story is that Sweden is treating it 100% like it is not Healthcare and has nothing to do with Healthcare.... and we are treating it like it is 100% politics because it is an election year.... who is winning here?

LOL at the idea that having a superior health care system had nothing to do with the outcomes coming from Sweden. But I shouldn't be surprised.

That's like trying to claim that practicing for sports doesn't actually make you better at it.

If you are going to try and keep parading out Sweden as an example of how you wish we would have handled the disease then you are going to also going to have to start accepting the reasons they thought they were able to do it that way.

LOL at the idea that having a superior health care system had nothing to do with the outcomes coming from Sweden. But I shouldn't be surprised.

That's like trying to claim that practicing for sports doesn't actually make you better at it.

If you are going to try and keep parading out Sweden as an example of how you wish we would have handled the disease then you are going to also going to have to start accepting the reasons they thought they were able to do it that way.
The moral of the story here is maybe we don't treat it like a disease and maybe we come out better for it. I had it in 2017. Nobody wore a mask and I went from here in Texas to Ottumwa and I stopped in Dallas Oklahoma Kansas Missouri no masks!

I never thought I'd find somebody witless enough to imagine having 1/4th the number of ICU beds per capita like Sweden has is a better way to battle a virus than having 4X the number of ICU beds like the US has. Then you came along.

As a virus hoaxer, or at least someone who thinks they know better than doctors and scientists, I fully expected there would be a flood of people here who don't understand that having a national health care system leads to an overall healthier population, one that has fewer contributing conditions that makes surviving COVID far more likely.

Oh wait, that's right. Someone with diabetes who has been living with it fine for decades and died when they got COVID didn't actually die from COVID in your book so...yeah. There's no way you would understand that.

The moral of the story here is maybe we don't treat it like a disease and maybe we come out better for it. I had it in 2017. Nobody wore a mask and I went from here in Texas to Ottumwa and I stopped in Dallas Oklahoma Kansas Missouri no masks!

We use your plan and we would have 500k deaths by now. As pathetic as our response has been, doing nothing would have been completely catastrophic.

As a virus hoaxer, or at least someone who thinks they know better than doctors and scientists, I fully expected there would be a flood of people here who don't understand that having a national health care system leads to an overall healthier population, one that has fewer contributing conditions that makes surviving COVID far more likely.

Oh wait, that's right. Someone with diabetes who has been living with it fine for decades and died when they got COVID didn't actually die from COVID in your book so...yeah. There's no way you would understand that.
You know it was all a political Ploy during a campaign year

If true, it’s no surprise. Sweden is better than America in almost all health related measures. America could never pull it off. Posted this in April.
Reasons why the herd immunity approach may work in Sweden:
-There is no shortage of PPE in Sweden.
-Swedes are healthier.
-Sweden has cradle to grave handouts.
-Sweden has better healthcare infrastructure.
-Swedes trust their government and are largely following social distance recommendations.
-Swedish way of life depends on collective altruism.
-Sweden allows their vulnerable to stay home with government assistance.
-Sweden doesn’t have an obscene wealth disparity.
-Sweden is better capable of handling potential surges.
-45* is NOT the prime minister of Sweden.

Last edited:
Sweden is #13 (in the world) in deaths per million last I checked. They also oddly don’t submit data everyday per the world omelets website.

A couple of months ago they were eighth. As it sweeps through Central and South America they are likely to drop further; perhaps out of the top 20. Meanwhile, in the US, where we still don't want to send kids to school, we've gone right past them to 12th.

Sweden is playing the long game. I'm not sure I can call their strategy a success, but I don't see how it can be called a failure, either.

Yes, everybody knows the best medical systems are ones that focus on cost containment, not care. I mean, who wouln't want less ICU beds per capita, right? That's why so many Americans travel to Sweden for health care. The relative lack of facilities is quite the beacon.

#CantFIxStupid

Reactions: KFSuperStar
If true, it’s no surprise. Sweden is better than America in almost all health related measures. America could never pull it off. Posted this in April.
-Swedes are healthier.
-Swedes trust their government and are largely following social distance recommendations.

It's probably the older average age of Swedes relative to Americans, the higher proportion of the population in the over 65 age group, the higher percentage in the over 80 age group, and the ICU beds per capita that are a small fraction of US ICU capacity that is saving the Swedes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawkeyerick
Yes, everybody knows the best medical systems are ones that focus on cost containment, not care. I mean, who wouln't want less ICU beds per capita, right? That's why so many Americans travel to Sweden for health care. The relative lack of facilities is quite the beacon.

#CantFIxStupid

I mean, if you can find one single piece of data that suggests the US has a more effective health care system I would love to see you post it. I can't find any.

By the way, the secret to a good health care system is constant maintenance and dealing with small problems before they get big. Sure, we have some of the best treatments available...if you can afford it.

It is good that you felt the need to label yourself with that hashtag though, because it takes really stupid people to want a less effective health care system that cost 10 times more money.

Sweden didn't have mandates, but they did have recommendations that mirrored a lot of the mandates in other places. Sweden also canceled school for awhile.

Sweden's failure is in not doing enough to protect the elderly. People pointing strictly to the death rate are blatantly ignoring the demographics of the deaths in trying to make a point. Sweden openly admits the area in which they failed.

One other thing to keep in mind is that this has been known for a long time. I mean, sure the evidence continues to mount, but way back in March many scientists knew this was coming.

I mean, if you can find one single piece of data that suggests the US has a more effective health care system I would love to see you post it. I can't find any.

By the way, the secret to a good health care system is constant maintenance and dealing with small problems before they get big. Sure, we have some of the best treatments available...if you can afford it.

It is good that you felt the need to label yourself with that hashtag though, because it takes really stupid people to want a less effective health care system that cost 10 times more money.

"I know you are but what am I".

If I didn't know you were being home-schooled, I'd swear today must be the final round of the imbecile of the year contest on your 2nd grade playground.

"I know you are but what am I".

If I didn't know you were being home-schooled, I'd swear today must be the final round of the imbecile of the year contest on your 2nd grade playground.

LOL. Seriously? Go home, loser. This is a debate for adults.

If you can't actually debate the point and all you can do is throw insults you have no business being here.

Reactions: Moral and unIowa
-Swedes are healthier.

The Truth About SwedenCare
"As a Swede currently living in the United States, with actual experience of Swedencare,...."

"It was recently revealed in one of the major newspapers that doctors were told to prioritize patients based on their value as future taxpayers. Old people naturally have a low future-taxpayer-value, so they naturally became low priority in the machine and less likely to receive proper treatment."

"This healthcare “bread line” is where people die. It happens regularly that by the time a patient gets to see an expert, his condition has progressed beyond remedy. It also happens frequently that referrals get lost. Bureaucracies create listless employees, who don’t care, who refuse to go the extra mile, and who are never responsible for failures."

Swedes face problems with health care system
"But Swedes are frustrated over their universal health care, one of the main pillars of their cherished welfare state, with long waiting queues due to a shortage of nurses and available doctors in some areas."

"Swedes, who on average pay more than half of their income in tax, see access to health care as the most important issue in the Sept 9 general election, polls suggest."

Lol!!!

LOL. Seriously? Go home, loser. This is a debate for adults.

If you can't actually debate the point and all you can do is throw insults you have no business being here.

Adults can do math. Heck, even alot of children can do math. See if there is a child in your neighborhood that can teach math to you.

A couple of months ago they were eighth. As it sweeps through Central and South America they are likely to drop further; perhaps out of the top 20. Meanwhile, in the US, where we still don't want to send kids to school, we've gone right past them to 12th.

Sweden is playing the long game. I'm not sure I can call their strategy a success, but I don't see how it can be called a failure, either.

“Success” is a relative term in regards to Covid. Sweden is a lot worse off when compared to Denmark and Finland which are two counties that are a lot more comparable in terms of socioeconomics, population density and ethnicity.

Population density is pretty different too.

That depends on where the density is measured. Stockholm, which acounts for the vast majority of Sweden's virus deaths is more densely populated than any major city in the US, save NYC. It's more densely populated than Chicago, or LA, or Detroit, or New Orleans, or Miami, or Houston or Phoenix.

Reactions: KFSuperStar
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT