ADVERTISEMENT

Taulia Tagovailoa portal

I saw reports last year that schools were offering him millions to transfer but because his family was already wealthy from his brother’s NFL money he decided not to chase it and stay with the people that had got him this far. It would be interesting to hear what made him change his mind and decide not to return to Maryland this year. Like is the money bigger this year than last or does he just feel like he’s done all that he can do at Maryland?

I saw reports last year that schools were offering him millions to transfer but because his family was already wealthy from his brother’s NFL money he decided not to chase it and stay with the people that had got him this far. It would be interesting to hear what made him change his mind and decide not to return to Maryland this year. Like is the money bigger this year than last or does he just feel like he’s done all that he can do at Maryland?

Could be both?

Reactions: Mountain Man Hawk
I think after Miami whiffed on getting the guy that went to tOSU, the NIL offer went up considerably.

There may have been inquiries to the family intentions before he announced entry into the portal.
With his bro playing for the Dolphins, the writing should be on the wall.

What is he even applying for? Because he missed a few games due to injury but finished the season?
According to the article it's because his brother was hurt his freshman year so he agreed to enter the game and hand the ball off twice. So he burned a redshirt year willingly at Bama before transferring.

What is he even applying for? Because he missed a few games due to injury but finished the season?
While at Alabama, he played in 5 games, putting him over the 4 game limit to keep a redshirt. The last game of the season, he claims he played to honor his injured brother.

While at Alabama, he played in 5 games, putting him over the 4 game limit to keep a redshirt. The last game of the season, he claims he played to honor his injured brother.

Sooo. He played in 5 games and used his redshirt.... Not sure why an exception should be made. How many years has he been around. I assume an extra COVID year thrown in there. Just wild the number of years during this time frame.

Don't blame him for trying tho

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT