ADVERTISEMENT

New Story TE Addison Ostrenga commits to Iowa

1254172884282.jpg

Looks like quite the athlete. Good pickup for the football team, kinda sucks for the baseball team. Sounds like he got what he was wanting though, happy for the kid.

Reactions: scotthawk1964
MRD was another Fant type athlete, those are hard to find. I think this young man can easily match Keller in skill set. Really impressed he knows he needs to focus on one sport to get better. What makes me feel even better is he attended two camps so the coaches came away impressed. The young man earned his schollie so good for him.

Ostrenga is obviously Plan B (or lower), but the Hawks have done well with such guys at TE (and elsewhere). Brandon Myers was a signing day offer and went on to have a nice 8-year career in the NFL. George Kittle also was a signing day commit and hasn't been too bad. Yet another signing day commit was Allen Reisner.

Last edited:
MRD was another Fant type athlete, those are hard to find. I think this young man can easily match Keller in skill set. Really impressed he knows he needs to focus on one sport to get better. What makes me feel even better is he attended two camps so the coaches came away impressed. The young man earned his schollie so good for him.
I wouldn’t compare MRD to Fant. You won’t see another Fant type athlete for awhile.

MRD is not the freak athlete that Fant was coming out of HS.

It makes his takes awful. Every time he talks about a recruit, he makes it seem like they’re a lock to Iowa. There’s a reason I prefer guys like Blair, because he’s more cautious with his predictions.
Sounds like you don't read what he's actually saying. He makes those Crystal Balls based on what the prediction would be if the recruit decides at that point in time. He's pretty up front on who Iowa does and doesn't have chances with.

MRD isn’t a Fant type athlete.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT