ADVERTISEMENT

Tell me your thoughts on this statement:

The public has all or most of the relevant information and always had.

We just have a lot of citizens who want to pass the buck to excuse the reason they supported foreign wars.

There was one lie about Iraq about the implication of nukes. Doesn't matter, most of the people at the time would have supported the war anyways. They didn't lie to us about Afganistan, didn't lie to us about Vietnam, didn't lie about Korea or World War 2. The public knew the reasons going in but wildly supported it because "'Merica".

Now those same people who never showed any skepticism about any war after WW2 are suddenly skeptical about this war because we are providing weapons to a country that is fighting their cult leader's best friend.

They have broadcasted again and again who's side they are on. Tucker is out in Russia praising it, doing bits on Russian state TV. He even said he wanted Russia to win. The rank and file wearing shirts saying they would rather be a Russian than a Dem. Their cult leader talking about great and smart Putin is and excusing him every time he murders a political opponent.

This isn't about not wanting foreign wars. This is about wanting Russia to win and doing your best to help them out.
No offense but that’s one of the most delusional takes on America’s ongoing love affair with war(s) I’ve ever seen.

They’ve lied to us about them all, Vietnam was certainly no exception. https://allthatsinteresting.com/gul...ust 1964, the U.S.,the coast of North Vietnam.

Corruption doesn't mean not a democracy. It means corruption.

You can have dictatorships with very little corruption, dictatorships with a lot of corruption and democracies with a lot or very little corruption.

And Zelenski had been working on the problem and reducing it before the war.
Point being, it doesn't matter what style of government they are using if it is corrupt.

Reactions: MichaelKeller99
The public has all or most of the relevant information and always had.

We just have a lot of citizens who want to pass the buck to excuse the reason they supported foreign wars.

There was one lie about Iraq about the implication of nukes. Doesn't matter, most of the people at the time would have supported the war anyways. They didn't lie to us about Afganistan, didn't lie to us about Vietnam, didn't lie about Korea or World War 2. The public knew the reasons going in but wildly supported it because "'Merica".

Now those same people who never showed any skepticism about any war after WW2 are suddenly skeptical about this war because we are providing weapons to a country that is fighting their cult leader's best friend.

They have broadcasted again and again who's side they are on. Tucker is out in Russia praising it, doing bits on Russian state TV. He even said he wanted Russia to win. The rank and file wearing shirts saying they would rather be a Russian than a Dem. Their cult leader talking about great and smart Putin is and excusing him every time he murders a political opponent.

This isn't about not wanting foreign wars. This is about wanting Russia to win and doing your best to help them out.
Good grief, any more main stream media talking points you'd like to regurgitate for us?
You're going to be offended by this but you really aren't a very bright individual. The more you post, the more apparent it becomes. I'm sure you're genuinely a really good guy, I don't doubt that at all, but you're really naive and easily manipulated. Quite literally the ideal American citizen in the eyes of our federal government.

They can claim all they want about how their government is different and a democracy. The proof is in the pudding. It is known as one of, if not the most corrupt country in all of Europe.

Here is an article from 2015 even
https://www.theguardian.com/news/2015/feb/04/welcome-to-the-most-corrupt-nation-in-europe-ukraine

This and countless other examples are why people don't feel good about giving them money.
Why are you posting shit from 4 years before Zelensky took office?

Ukraine was under Putin's Thumb <10 years ago - of COURSE it was corrupt there!!!

Corruption doesn't mean not a democracy. It means corruption.

You can have dictatorships with very little corruption, dictatorships with a lot of corruption and democracies with a lot or very little corruption.

And Zelenski had been working on the problem and reducing it before the war.
Most dictatorships will have more corruption than any democracy where the people have oversight.

Ukraine was a puppet under Putin's dictatorship for much of the earlier 2000s. These folks seem to have forgotten that part of Ukraine's history...

Good grief, any more main stream media talking points you'd like to regurgitate for us?
You're going to be offended by this but you really aren't a very bright individual. The more you post, the more apparent it becomes. I'm sure you're genuinely a really good guy, I don't doubt that at all, but you're really naive and easily manipulated. Quite literally the ideal American citizen in the eyes of our federal government.

Besides attempting to insult my intelligence you've not made a single point there. What did the media/government lie about in previous wars that potentially affected people's support of those wars?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT