ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Athletes Publish List of Demands

There will be plenty of players willing to take a free ride without the need to try and hold the school hostage so the schools should keep that in mind with their responses.

They are smoking something asking for funds donated to BLM but everything else is reasonable. Of course scholarships are contracts so the school could just threaten to pull schollies. A bet they could replace every athlete making demands w/o batting an eye

They even specified the "contribution" the school is expected to pay. Let the reparations begin.

They are smoking something asking for funds donated to BLM but everything else is reasonable. Of course scholarships are contracts so the school could just threaten to pull schollies. A bet they could replace every athlete making demands w/o batting an eye

All of funds donated by BLM goes to the Democrats, Candace Owens blew that whole thing up

[Amanda] French on Friday said she was amazed to see the support from student-athletes, and said their call to action will garner the attention needed to prompt administrators to change.

“For me personally, I don’t think we could have done this without them because they get such national and international coverage,” French said. “This is exactly what we needed to get this in the face of the media, and really get people talking about it and talking about the need for change within our institutions.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...weeping-racial-changes-university/3178699001/

Last edited:
I never said that they needed to meet every demand being made. I’m simply saying that pulling the scholarship of every black player is such a dumb idea, no university personnel with any brains would ever consider it unless they wanted to not be able to recruit any good black athletes (and any athletes of any race who realized how dumb it was) in the future.

For your other post on stripping the names if rich white donors, where was that demanded? I didn’t know confederate generals were recent donors.

Finally, on where does it end, that is up to each school and player. Poor black kids don’t have a lot of pull in society. This is one area where young black men can have a lot of leverage. There are 65 P5 programs. If the top HS kids say we are only going to schools that do xyz, the schools either need to adapt or fall behind athletically. If you told me Iowa was going to win a national title and some B1G titles but need to add MLK field to Kinnick, let me head over to the stadium to start painting the name on the field. I want to win.
Awesome. So your in favor of dishonoring Nile Kinnick to appease the mob? For what exactly? We have a lot of black players now, and we win pretty consistently but not at that level. Even so, is that all its about, do whatever the mob wants, and hope, MAYBE we'll win a few more games? Pretty damn sorry time we live in. I also don't agree with pulling any athletes scholorships, I'm just saying that you can't start letting the players run the university. There's no light at the end of that tunnel.....

Awesome. So your in favor of dishonoring Nile Kinnick to appease the mob? For what exactly? We have a lot of black players now, and we win pretty consistently but not at that level. Even so, is that all its about, do whatever the mob wants, and hope, MAYBE we'll win a few more games? Pretty damn sorry time we live in. I also don't agree with pulling any athletes scholorships, I'm just saying that you can't start letting the players run the university. There's no light at the end of that tunnel.....

LOL, I don’t think naming the field MLK field in this fake example (or Slater field in a real Iowa example) dishonors Kinnick in anyway and I doubt Nile Kinnick would give a crap or be offended.

LOL, I don’t think naming the field MLK field in this fake example (or Slater field in a real Iowa example) dishonors Kinnick in anyway and I doubt Nile Kinnick would give a crap or be offended.
If your going to stand opposed to what I said, or get your chuckle on, at least get what I said correct. I said Malcom X field at MLK stadium, so yes we would have too take Kinnicks name off the stadium. Maybe a fake example too you, but its not that farfetched if your going to let a player group start taking names off of buildings and start renaming them. This whole thing has gotten so ridiculously out of hand, and the worst part is we probably have not yet seen the line in the sand.

I agree with some of the requests. I don't know all the names for the buildings, but if they are Confederate soldiers, Texas might as well start looking for donations to put a different name on the buildings. Make a little coin and make most folks happy.

The requested donations to BLM is ridiculous, same with only wanting artists of color to design statues... Could you IMAGINE the Twitter mobs out for blood, if someone said they we only allowing WHITE artists to design a statue? So stop doing the excluding of races.... PERIOD

At Texas, they want to remove the names from buildings named after Confederate officers/soldiers.
That is not what the article that I read said.
''The first demand is that certain buildings on campus be renamed, including buildings named after famous former University of Texas professors and administrators who were open segregationists like Theophilus Painter and Robert Lee Moore. The document also demands the permanent removal of the statue of former Texas Gov. James Hogg, which has been a source of controversy for years.''

''The first demand is that certain buildings on campus be renamed, including buildings named after famous former University of Texas professors and administrators who were open segregationists like Theophilus Painter and Robert Lee Moore. The document also demands the permanent removal of the statue of former Texas Gov. James Hogg, which has been a source of controversy for years.''
First post at the top of the thread clearly states the athletes' demands. Don't need to read an article when athletes demands are clearly stated.

The petition cites Littlefield Hall, named after Confederate Army Officer George Washington Littlefield, 8th Texas Calvary, and veteran of the Battle of Shiloh.

They’ve had one (1) ten-win season in the last decade; social “justice” is apparently a lot more important than football to these players.

Reactions: ottumwan in tx

Kinnick would have loved it to share the name. It came up back in the 70s but got voted down. Time to do it. His statue should be out front with Kinnick and part of the entrance walk into the stadium.

Reactions: naturalmwa
Kinnick would have loved it to share the name. It came up back in the 70s but got voted down. Time to do it. His statue should be out front with Kinnick and part of the entrance walk into the stadium.

Did he win the Heisman? If not, a statue doesn’t belong anywhere near Kinnick’s. Had Brad Banks or Shonne Green won it, they would be right there next to Kinnick without question.

It seems to me the inmates have been running the asylum for years and it hasn't worked out. Why not change? What do you have to lose? Amirite?
it sounds like the nfl has been running things. now we will not see nearly as many wins and not nearly as many players go to the nfl. they have been called out. has the nfl. now the team shall be bad and lose without a mission and a goal of being nfl

it sounds like the nfl has been running things. now we will not see nearly as many wins and not nearly as many players go to the nfl. they have been called out. has the nfl. now the team shall be bad and lose without a mission and a goal of being nfl

That reads like a tRump tweet. I have no ****ing clue what you just wrote.

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
Did he win the Heisman? If not, a statue doesn’t belong anywhere near Kinnick’s. Had Brad Banks or Shonne Green won it, they would be right there next to Kinnick without question.
The award did not exist, so this is a poor argument.

Any player/coach in the college football hall of fame should have a statue at Iowa. On top of this, his professional life was amazing. You are a true, POS if you can't see this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT