ADVERTISEMENT

Vols vs Hawks by position

BigAssTurkeyLeg

HR MVP
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2021
Posted this on their forum. What do you guys think.

If you just compare talent and experience by position group here is how I see it:

QB- Deacon Hill has more experience but played poorly on the whole. Nico more talent but very little experience. PUSH

RB- Iowa has 3 experienced backs and UT is down their top 2. IOWA

WR- Besides former top 100 recruit Kaleb Brown, the hawks lack here obviously. Even in a down year for your standards you guys have a big advantage here. UT

TE- Even with two NFL players out due to injury this isn’t close. IOWA

OL- Iowa has been very inconsistent up front but has had games where they dominate on the ground. UT is beat up and down a lot of guys. PUSH

DL- UT lost Baron, but has had a better pass rush than the Hawks this year. Iowa is deeper and better against the run. Without Baron it’s IOWA.

LB- two all Americans and a 2nd team all B1G player for the hawks IOWA.

DB- Lol. IOWA

Special teams- 2023 All American punter and 2022 all American kicker IOWA

I don’t think UT is better anywhere besides receiver.

• Haha
Reactions: Vols_Beat_You
I think Iowa covers. Defense will carry the day similar to UK game last year. UT will not be focused. Not sure Iowa wins but line is 6.5

Posted this on their forum. What do you guys think.

If you just compare talent and experience by position group here is how I see it:

QB- Deacon Hill has more experience but played poorly on the whole. Nico more talent but very little experience. PUSH

RB- Iowa has 3 experienced backs and UT is down their top 2. IOWA

WR- Besides former top 100 recruit Kaleb Brown, the hawks lack here obviously. Even in a down year for your standards you guys have a big advantage here. UT

TE- Even with two NFL players out due to injury this isn’t close. IOWA

OL- Iowa has been very inconsistent up front but has had games where they dominate on the ground. UT is beat up and down a lot of guys. PUSH

DL- UT lost Baron, but has had a better pass rush than the Hawks this year. Iowa is deeper and better against the run. Without Baron it’s IOWA.

LB- two all Americans and a 2nd team all B1G player for the hawks IOWA.

DB- Lol. IOWA

Special teams- 2023 All American punter and 2022 all American kicker IOWA

I don’t think UT is better anywhere besides receiver.
I believe the TN OL is better than Iowa's.

• Love
Reactions: Vols_Beat_You
Good post.
Experience is important, and going against a DEF like Iowa is tough for a kid's first game, but if he's a 5* recruit I'm banking on some serious talent.

I do think he throws a couple picks, and that will be the difference in the game.

I'm also calling a razzle-dazzle play at some point. Hopefully we connect this time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT