ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks Gary Barta for scheduling the….

cmhawks99

HR Legend
Jul 23, 2002
35th, 20th, 23rd, 13th, 27th, 10th & 44th ranked schedule the last 7 years…

Thought it would be good to have this at the top of the board so the dopes that think we win games because we play an awful schedule have a place to go and correct themselves….

Last edited:

Thought it would be good to have this at the top of the board so the dopes that think we win games because we play an awful schedule have a place to go and correct themselves….

You can probably thank Iowa State more than Gary Barta.

It really depends who Iowa plays from the East from one year to the next.

You can probably thank Iowa State more than Gary Barta.

It really depends who Iowa plays from the East from one year to the next.

True, but the point is, we have several fans who refuse to acknowledge this team winning games because of our “poor scheduling” which based on reality isn’t true.

Even in 2015 and an admittedly softer schedule was still 51st! It’s ok to be happy about Iowa winning games!

True, but the point is, we have several fans who refuse to acknowledge this team winning games because of our “poor scheduling” which based on reality isn’t true.

Even in 2015 and an admittedly softer schedule was still 51st! It’s ok to be happy about Iowa winning games!
You think 51st out of 65 power 5 teams isn't weak? Such a weird thread to start, imagining that Barta is the one responsible for a tougher schedule and not Iowa State getting better or who we happen to play in the East.

Okay. I always thought Iowa fans throwing shade at the SOS were complaints about being locked into a home and home with ISU . My point is you haven’t really been able to say that since Matt Campbell.

Yeah, Iowa didn’t have a great schedule in 2015 but they did beat two 10-win teams (Wisconsin and Northwestern) and beat a Pitt team that won 8 games.

Regardless, you play the schedule you’re given.

You think 51st out of 65 power 5 teams isn't weak? Such a weird thread to start, imagining that Barta is the one responsible for a tougher schedule and not Iowa State getting better or who we happen to play in the East.

OK so you would’ve preferred I said thanks Iowa State for making our schedule tougher… And besides that Iowa State isn’t the only reason our schedule has been decent goodness gracious?

And it’s not 51st out of 65 power teams it’s 51st out of 132. I promise you there’s more than 14 teams below us from power five conferences in 2015. Is that weird?

Okay. I always thought Iowa fans throwing shade at the SOS were complaints about being locked into a home and home with ISU . My point is you haven’t really been able to say that since Matt Campbell.

Yeah, Iowa didn’t have a great schedule in 2015 but they did beat two 10-win teams (Wisconsin and Northwestern) and beat a Pitt team that won 8 games.

Regardless, you play the schedule you’re given.

Totally agree and Minne has been pretty consistent!

Reactions: Bishop1971
My really only complaint with the scheduling is the non-conference. It would be cool to play another power 5 matchup more often - like a home-home with ND, Oregon, Oklahoma, Florida, etc. I have no clue if that's a Barta decision or not

My really only complaint with the scheduling is the non-conference. It would be cool to play another power 5 matchup more often - like a home-home with ND, Oregon, Oklahoma, Florida, etc. I have no clue if that's a Barta decision or not
Exactly

OK so you would’ve preferred I said thanks Iowa State for making our schedule tougher… And besides that Iowa State isn’t the only reason our schedule has been decent goodness gracious?

And it’s not 51st out of 65 power teams it’s 51st out of 132. I promise you there’s more than 14 teams below us from power five conferences in 2015. Is that weird?
No, I would've preferred you not start a thread in the first place.

And looks like there's 15. Congratulations! You can say our schedule was 51st out of 66 now!

The play off committee needs to enforce a nine game conference schedule to start for power 5 teams, then penalize teams if they play an fcs team with an eight game conference schedule. The SEC plays 8 conference and 4 non con gimmie games or maybe one game that is a real game as a power five team.

Until the committee enforces nine conference games or nine power 5 teams on their schedule at a minimum and rewards teams if they play ten or more power five games to help level the playing field from a scheduling stand point.

No, I would've preferred you not start a thread in the first place.

And looks like there's 15. Congratulations! You can say our schedule was 51st out of 66 now!

LOL…Well we can’t all get what we want and for the record the thread was about the last six or seven years, not 2015 and needs to be shown that despite the board narrative thus team has played solid schedules. So I’d say congratulations to you the teams a hell of a lot better than you gave a credit for!!

😊

PS….Penn St (in the east if you weren’t clear) was below us in 2015!

Is that all…

The play off committee needs to enforce a nine game conference schedule to start for power 5 teams, then penalize teams if they play an fcs team with an eight game conference schedule. The SEC plays 8 conference and 4 non con gimmie games or maybe one game that is a real game as a power five team.

Until the committee enforces nine conference games or nine power 5 teams on their schedule at a minimum and rewards teams if they play ten or more power five games to help level the playing field from a scheduling stand point.
You’re really gonna complain about the SEC after the way they shrimped slapped TCU… ?

Quite the crusade you are on with this. I've said repeatedly that Kirk is very fortunate to have been put in the big ten west and I firmly stand by that but it leads me to the question.... Do you really think Iowa would have as many wins and two division titles if they had been playing Rutgers' or Indiana's conference schedules these past 8 seasons? Go take a look. If you answer yes you are on crack or just delusional

Quite the crusade you are on with this. I've said repeatedly that Kirk is very fortunate to have been put in the big ten west and I firmly stand by that but it leads me to the question.... Do you really think Iowa would have as many wins and two division titles if they had been playing Rutgers' or Indiana's conference schedules these past 8 seasons? Go take a look. If you answer yes you are on crack or just delusional

The schedule rank IS what it is, nothing more needs be said. It’s a good schedule and the what if game can be played for every team….

Ask yourself this…..do think Ohio St would prefer to play Iowa every year or Rutgers/Indiana…see how easy that is…

Don’t be delusional now!

I posted it because this way those that you might influence that aren’t just whiny bitches like you guys, can see that in reality. Iowa has played good schedules!

Now do non-conference P-5 matchups compared to other B1G teams, and rank in terms of "history of program success," "national recognition" or "overall excitement."

I really think the complaints lie there more than they do overall schedule strength.

I counted 15 (mostly ACC and Big Ten west). Might have missed a few though. On a cursory glance you forget schools like Vanderbilt actually are power 5 teams... After about 85 on the list I stopped counting because it's basically impossible to even play your games in a major conference, win or lose, and be lumped in with those teams.

I love that you seem to feel you’re really ‘sticking it to’ people that respond to you i.e. “is that all”

LOL you are such a loser, dude, And starting this thread was the cherry on top.

So that is all? And the thread worked because the schedule is fine, period!

Good post. 10th, 13th, etc. A lot better than they are given credit for. I enjoyed the pitt games when we had a home and away with them. Tough ooc game but they were exciting.

Now do non-conference P-5 matchups compared to other B1G teams, and rank in terms of "history of program success," "national recognition" or "overall excitement."

I really think the complaints lie there more than they do overall schedule strength.
Yeah we will have total agreement on subjective judgments.

Maybe do some research, specifically the SEC & also what ADs give for the reasons why all/most ADs in most schools & conferences are doing are doing it.
IMHO, this is just another manufactured bitch thread about some writer's bitch of the day.
My apologies, but this continual ragging that will never impact any positive change that only feeds lazy digital reporting.

It's actually plausible to believe Iowa in the East would have as many wins the past 8 seasons. The losses would just look different. They'd lose to Michigan, Ohio State (almost always), and Penn State more often, but they wouldn't have as many of the losses to Wisconsin, Purdue, and Northwestern. You'd just be trading one loss for another in several seasons, while maintaining wins against the bad teams in the East and mostly playing mediocre crossover teams from the West. So just looking at numbers and how many Iowa lost on average, I don't know that it would be significantly different. They would not, however, have a division championship.

Last edited:
Utah State, W. Michigan, and Iowa State…that portion is straight trash.

No OSU or Michigan?? Garbage.

I will say it again the schedule rank. IS is what it is and it can’t be arbitrated because you want to bitch about Iowa winning games against competition you think is poor.

Basically, just a fuel, your anti-Kirk Ferentz agenda… This team has won a lot of games against good competition no other way around it!

Some thing I’ve never actually drilled down on within this forum but it’s funny how negatively you take those G5 schools because if truth was told, Iowa has like the 12th or 14th best winning percentage in the last five or seven years and that includes 5G five schools in front of us lol!

It's actually plausible to believe Iowa in the East would have as many wins the past 8 seasons. The losses would just look different. They'd lose to Michigan, Ohio State (almost always), and Penn State more often, but they wouldn't have as many of the losses to Wisconsin, Purdue, and Northwestern. You'd just be trading one loss for another in several seasons, while maintaining wins against the bad teams in the East and mostly playing mediocre crossover teams from the West. So just looking at numbers and how many Iowa lost on average, I don't know that it would be significantly different. They would not, however, have a division championship.

Just stop this… We can’t have any of this positivity in here… @blhawk where the hell are you? We can’t have this kind of talk! It makes too much sense, and I know you’re not about making sense in here!

Utah State, W. Michigan, and Iowa State…that portion is straight trash.

No OSU or Michigan?? Garbage.

By the way, are you telling meIowa State is straight trash? You do realize Hayden Fry lost 3 straight Iowa State teams with 500 or sub 500 records, right… And they’ve been pretty good for the last several years at least until this last year, I don’t get your game bud!

I will say it again the schedule rank. IS is what it is and it can’t be arbitrated because you want to bitch about Iowa winning games against competition you think is poor.

Basically, just a fuel, your anti-Kirk Ferentz agenda… This team has won a lot of games against good competition no other way around it!

Some thing I’ve never actually drilled down on within this forum but it’s funny how negatively you take those G5 schools because if truth was told, Iowa has like the 12th or 14th best winning percentage in the last five or seven years and that includes 5G five schools in front of us lol!
Our upcoming non-con opponents had 6 wins, 5 wins, and Iowa State with 4 wins in ‘22.

Reactions: BonzoFury
By the way, are you telling meIowa State is straight trash? You do realize Hayden Fry lost 3 straight Iowa State teams with 500 or sub 500 records, right… And they’ve been pretty good for the last several years at least until this last year, I don’t get your game bud!
Yes, Iowa State is trash.

My “game”.. bud.. is Barta and Iowa football need to get out of the exact style of scheduling we’ve got coming up in 2023. It’s weak, boring, and does almost nothing for our ‘brand’

Get rid of Iowa F***king State and branch the f**k out for god’s sake

My “game”.. bud.. is Barta and Iowa football need to get out of the exact style of scheduling we’ve got coming up in 2023. It’s weak, boring, and does almost nothing for our ‘brand’

I fear this will be upsetting to you, but our brand is actually pretty damn good based on our recruiting and various other things… And if you would like to quit playing Iowa State, I am all on board with that, but that’s a state constitution thing right there my friend

I wish we could play another team besides Iowa State too. It's probably not going to happen anytime soon but I would love to play a different big 12 team or a pac 12 team at least. I enjoyed when we had the home and away with Pitt. One of the best goal line stands ever.

Reactions: hawkhockey
I fear this will be upsetting to you, but our brand is actually pretty damn good based on our recruiting and various other things… And if you would like to quit playing Iowa State, I am all on board with that, but that’s a state constitution thing right there my friend
It could be better. Just like 8-9 wins could often be 10-11 with a functional offense.

Iowa fans have this habit of ‘settling’ and being content.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT