ADVERTISEMENT

The 2024 Republican Nominee Trump going to announce TODAY why he fraudulently stored nuclear codes at Mar A Lago

Here is a question. . . if the GOP primary goes exceedingly long and Trump loses. Will he still have time to get all the signatures and stuff needed to put him on the ballot?

We talk about Trump running for president as an independent as a forgone conclusion that he could do it if he wanted to. But if you arn't on a major party ticket there are logistical challenges to getting on the ballot in a lot of states. Some states are easier, I think in Colorado you just have to come up with $1,000 and you are on the ballot. But in other states you have to get tens of thousands of signatures to do it. That takes manpower and time.

For example in Indiana he would have to get close to 40,000 signatures by June 30th to be on the ballot.

That's a really short time considering Indiana's primary election is in May. If Trump and Desantis draw their primary fight out a long time, will he have time to get ballot access as an independent?

Last edited:
Here is a question. . . if the GOP primary goes exceedingly long and Trump loses. Will he still have time to get all the signatures and stuff needed to put him on the ballot?

We talk about Trump running for president as an independent as a forgone conclusion that he could do it if he wanted to. But if you arn't on a major party ticket there are logistical challenges to getting on the ballot in a lot of states. Some states are easier, I think in Colorado you just have to come up with $1,000 and you are on the ballot. But in other states you have to get tens of thousands of signatures to do it. That takes manpower and time.

For example in Indiana he would have to get close to 40,000 signatures by June 30th to be on the ballot.

That's a really short time considering Indiana's primary election is in May. If Trump and Desantis draw their primary fight out a long time, will he have time to get ballot access as an independent?
That would be a perfect situation for him. He announces as independent, then blames the system for him not getting a fair chance to run and can save face with all of the Q Anoners and continue having rallies for idiots.

That would be a perfect situation for him. He announces as independent, then blames the system for him not getting a fair chance to run and can save face with all of the Q Anoners and continue having rallies for idiots.

Only if he gets to punish the R's for spurning him.

Reactions: VodkaSam
Only if he gets to punish the R's for spurning him.
Of course he would. He'd have rallies and say things like "I'm not sure I could vote for DeSantis. I know some bad stuff about him. Not sure he's what we need to take on China and Putin right now. I got him his governorship. Let's see how he does without my help for president. Then we'll all know who the real favorite son is."

See he always wins.

Can he simultaneously work on signatures in the interim to have them ready to go if needed? Edit to add: This would put pressure on the GOP to ensure he was the nominee. Else he'd wreck their chances as an independent.

I think this move is just to claim some sort of fictional immunity to prosecution. If he announces some GOP money dries up and his fund raising changes and it doesn't seem like Trump would easily give up grifting his supporters.

If feds indict him he can now say they are doing it politically to stop his candidacy.

Wouldn't it be great if Garland had him perp walked off his own press conference?

Reactions: Ree4 and VodkaSam
He lost the last 2 pres elections by 3.5 and 8.5 million in popular votes. And his denier candidates just lost biggly in midterms. I hope he does run. Will make the Dem's job easier and crush his ego...
Again.

Reactions: Kozisek
Can he simultaneously work on signatures in the interim to have them ready to go if needed? Edit to add: This would put pressure on the GOP to ensure he was the nominee. Else he'd wreck their chances as an independent.

Not sure. . . although that would hurt his chances with the GOP with the knowledge that his people are out there trying to get him on the ballot as an independent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT