ADVERTISEMENT

The 90s, the best music decade by far

90s better than 80s or 70s? Haha, on what fing planet?

Yeah, I personally don't believe in rubber stamping decades. It just isn't really linear (not sure if that's the correct term I want to use). There's a lot of crossover spanning 1970, 1980, 1990 - if that makes sense.

I can see the good in music from say 1964 to roughly 2000ish, and the trends as to what was popular, what was rising up and falling down tastes-wise...just doesn't fit in 60's, 70's, etc. It's kind of like saying "the 90's were best", yet the seeds of what we saw in the 90's actually began in the late 80's. That kind of thing.

I can see the greatness in (examples) The Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, The Mamas and the Papas, Led Zeppelin, Steely Dan, The Ramones, Van Halen, Tom Petty, The Police, REM, Metallica, Jane's Addiction, Korn, Public Enemy, Weezer, etc...(I stress, these are simply examples of different genres from different eras).

Good music to each individual is good music. You know it when you hear it - and the individual doesn't (or rather, shouldn't) really care when exactly it was produced.

FFS guys, this is an Iowa board and nobody thought to mention Slipknot? Many a Slipknot concerts in the late 90’s early 2000’s. Me and my friends would beat the shit out of each other in the pits to these guys. They were unmatched for energy back in the day.

https://g.co/kgs/19iA3RR

Reactions: DooBi
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT