ADVERTISEMENT

The Biden economy is glorious

It's true. More money in the pockets of the average worker. More wealth via the stock market and property ownership. There are hiccups in the supply chain, but most of that has to do with slavish devotion to JIT inventory and an over reliance on foreign manufacturers.
Things are pretty good. It just goes to show you how powerful organized disinformation can be to create the impression that the economy is collapsing.

I like money. Hope it continues and prices start to at least stay steady instead of sharp increases.

Which part?

Gas for $3-$6 a gallon?
Milk for $5 a gallon?
A ribeye steak for $25 for 8oz?
Where you finding those prices. This week/today I paid the following g:

Gas - $2.78
Milk - $1.98 for a container of almond milk (not a gallon, but maybe 64 ounces?)
Ribeye steak - $16/pound

You may want to reevaluate where you shop

Gas - $2.78
Milk - $1.98 for a container of almond milk (not a gallon, but maybe 64 ounces?)
Ribeye steak - $16/pound

I just saw ribeye at 25.98 a pound today. It's ridiculous.

Reactions: Car-go
Costco milk 1% is $2.56 a gallon, Ribeye steak price varies depending on grade, and gas is around $3.00 a gallon in the DM area.

As others have stated, prices vary depending on where you shop but I’d recommend Fare Way for groceries compared to Hy Vee and Kwik Star over Casey’s for lower gas prices.

Reactions: MitchLL and lucas80
I went grocery shopping with my wife at Hy-Vee today. We paid $4.00 for 96 ounces of almond milk. She likes it, I don't. We paid $4.09 for the Hy-Vee brand 1% milk. I am not drinking the That's Smart label milk. It tastes cheap and not like good milk.
We paid 3.99 for a dozen brown eggs, organic. The white eggs were $2.35 a dozen. Thought it was too much.

I don't care for Fareway.

I agree. We only added $482 billion to the US debt in the month of December.

Perfect recipe for setting our grandkids up for success and prosperity.

Let's keep this going boys.

#winning
You don’t care about the debt. You don’t complain when Republicans run it up. Just like we tell you all the time. Every time a democrat takes the White House, Fox News and Congressional Republicans start caring about it. Every effing time.

I went grocery shopping with my wife at Hy-Vee today. We paid $4.00 for 96 ounces of almond milk. She likes it, I don't. We paid $4.09 for the Hy-Vee brand 1% milk. I am not drinking the That's Smart label milk. It tastes cheap and not like good milk.
We paid 3.99 for a dozen brown eggs, organic. The white eggs were $2.35 a dozen. Thought it was too much.

I don't care for Fareway.
Organic eggs? Lol. There's your problem.

If we have to shut the country down again for 2 months and millions lose their jobs like in 2020, will Joe get to double count the rehiring of those folks in 2 months?

No he only gets credit for overturning Trump's incompetent policies once

Gas - $2.78
Ribeye steak - $16/pound

A quality ribeye. Not a poors ribeye.

Walmart paying $16.00/hr.

Just about everyone paying 15.00 w/ signing bonuses.

Record unemployment. Record Dow Jones.

Damn, so much to bitch about. Booming economy or inflation?

Walmart paying $16.00/hr.

Just about everyone paying 15.00 w/ signing bonuses.

Record unemployment. Record Dow Jones.

Damn, so much to bitch about. Booming economy or inflation?

Politics and the economy. It’s exhausting as both sides are guilty of playing this silly game. Outside of some inflation, which is federal reserve issue, not politicians, economy seems pretty poised for a solid 2022, imo.

are supply chain issues related to imports via ships (ie international) container unloading) or domestic transportation or both? if both, are the two related or independent issues?

Let them eat cake, amirite?

it was an honest question. I don’t often buy chicken wings and had no frame of reference for their normal cost.

additionally, I’d guess you can feed a family of four with two pounds of wings. Is that reasonable? $2.50 per person for a main course sounds affordable to all but the most destitute.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
It's true. More money in the pockets of the average worker.

In an economy rooted in "services and consumption", putting more $$ and resources in the hands of the lower/middle classes is how you create economic prosperity.

In an economy rooted in "services and consumption", putting more $$ and resources in the hands of the lower/middle classes is how you create economic prosperity.
Investment that enables greater production is how you create economic prosperity.

I would expect redirection of resources to the lower/middle class to increase consumption over investment, eating a greater portion of the capital ‘seed corn’ that is requisite for increasing productivity and economic growth.

I would expect heightened consumption now to come at the compounded expense of more production later.

Investment that enables greater production is how you create economic prosperity.
And when lower/middle income people don't have to pay exorbitant amounts of money for "monopoly" services like internet or healthcare, they have more money to create that economic prosperity.

In fact, some form of universal healthcare NOT tied to employment would enable many to start their own companies, instead of staying in a "safe" job that those services are tied to.

And when lower/middle income people don't have to pay exorbitant amounts of money for "monopoly" services like internet or healthcare, they have more money to create that economic prosperity.

In fact, some form of universal healthcare NOT tied to employment would enable many to start their own companies, instead of staying in a "safe" job that those services are tied to.
How do you think those “free” things are paid for?

tax rates would have to drastically increase to pay for it.

How do you think those “free” things are paid for?

tax rates would have to drastically increase to pay for it.

No, we'd simply need to prioritize spending slightly more than $3T over 10 years on domestic programs, instead of the >$8T we'll be spending on military program subsidies.

Reactions: RileyHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT