ADVERTISEMENT

The Elly De La Cruz era in Cincinnati has begun

TJ8869

HR King
Dec 7, 2006
Dude is electric. He’s already Reds fans’ favorite player. He’s 3-for-7 with 3 runs scored and a mammoth 458-foot home run in his first two games, helping the Reds to consecutive wins over the Dodgers.

He’s the proverbial 5-tool player. Former Reds great Eric Davis refers to him as a 6-tool player because he can switch hit.

Last edited:
I got to see him last season in Cedar Rapids when he was playing for Dayton. Ridiculous talent. That Dayton squad had a lot of great prospects in it.

Reactions: TJ8869
I saw his triple tonight, thought popped in my head to buy some cards........looks like i missed the boat on this one

Dude is electric. He’s already Reds fans’ favorite player. He’s 3-for-7 with 3 runs scored and a mammoth 458-foot home run in his first two games, helping the Reds to consecutive wins over the Dodgers.

He’s the proverbial 5-tool player. Former Reds great Eric Davis refers to him as a 6-tool player because he can switch hit.
Have the Reds decided on a package to trade him for in 3 years?

• Haha
Reactions: artradley
It's pretty rare for a Major League Baseball player to wow you with his athleticism, but this kid is incredible. He has a Calvin Johnson/"Megatron" aura to him.

a dude is named Elly?

yep-best.gif

Reactions: Fan In Black
When I saw Dayton play the Kernels last year, there were a few plays in the field that made my jaw drop. The amount of ground he covers is insane. Not too often you see a 6’5” infielder who runs like Ricky Henderson.

Youngest MLB player to hit for the cycle in 51 years.

The Reds spotted the Braves 5 runs in the top of the 1st inning and still won, 11-10, for their 12th straight victory.

The Reds have stolen some of the pixie dust the Rays have had most of the season. When the Braves made their characteristic late inning rally, the Reds didn't fold. They good.

Since RBI became an official stat in 1920, Elly is the first MLB player to hit for the cycle, steal a base, and drive in 4+ runs all within the first 6 innings of a game.
Youngest since Cesar Cedeno (Astros). He’s great for the game. Reds look like they are finally having fun.

Reactions: Tenacious E
He is good for the game. I love it.

No doubt, he’s making me seriously consider becoming a Reds fan and ditching the Cubs culture which I hardly follow anymore. The Ricketts would sell Elly away too ya know if they were so fortunate as to have him.

He makes me want to watch baseball again and my soon to be daughter in law is a big fan having grown up there.

Who are the resident Reds fans on GIAOT anyway?

Reactions: artradley
I am a Braves fan and this is the first time I have seen him play. His speed around the bases is amazing, dude can fly. Thought Acuna was fast but this guy is something else.
It’s been a fun couple of games this weekend.

Yet another win for the Red Legs tonight. Elly goes 3-for-6 with two doubles and a 455-foot home run.

The Reds have now won 22 of their last 28 games. They have won 8 of their last 9 series and have won 7 consecutive road series for the first time since the Big Red Machine won 8 straight in 1976.

Reactions: Tenacious E
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT