ADVERTISEMENT

The Elly De La Cruz era in Cincinnati has begun

was at tonight's game in Milwaukee. He hit the third pitch of the game over the centerfield wall, but center fielder robbed him of the HR. In the third, the scoreboard put up "In the first inning almost had home run...but didn't". He proceeded to put the first pitch into the right field bull pen

I'm not an expert but I think it's a lot like golf with clubhead speed...Rory isn't very big at all and he can hit it further than anyone on tour. Elly generates a lot of bat speed. I'm not a scientist though
That is good enough for me. Quite a contrast between him and Judge.

Andrew Abbott is having an incredible rookie season. 6 shutout innings tonight for his 8th quality start in his first 10 major league outings. It would be 9 out of 10 if he had recorded one more out when he pitched 5 2/3 scoreless innings against the Cardinals on June 10.

Andrew Abbott is having an incredible rookie season. 6 shutout innings tonight for his 8th quality start in his first 10 major league outings. It would be 9 out of 10 if he had recorded one more out when he pitched 5 2/3 scoreless innings against the Cardinals on June 10.
He's been great, but 3 of those have been against the Brewers, who have 2 major league hitters in their entire lineup.

• Haha
Reactions: Joes Place
Don't hear quite as much about McLain

cgxvq9epo2kb1.jpg

Reactions: nelly02 and TJ8869
Reds fever is alive and well. We just had to maneuver around a bunch of drunken Reds fans in Old Town Scottsdale. A bunch of old fatties sleeping on benches while their wives in yoga pants adorned with the Reds logo wander in the streets with their grandma hairdos, and the lingering smell of cigarettes.
This is your year, Reds fans!!!
No offense. :)

Reactions: nelly02 and TJ8869
Reds fever is alive and well. We just had to maneuver around a bunch of drunken Reds fans in Old Town Scottsdale. A bunch of old fatties sleeping on benches while their wives in yoga pants adorned with the Reds logo wander in the streets with their grandma hairdos, and the lingering smell of cigarettes.
It’s a magical time of the year.

Where is Marge when she is needed the most? ;)

Reactions: lucas80
@TJ8869
What is your level of optimism for this season? How will the loss of Friedl impact the team? I think they can cover his loss, but depletes bench depth, right?

@TJ8869
What is your level of optimism for this season? How will the loss of Friedl impact the team? I think they can cover his loss, but depletes bench depth, right?
It definitely hurts depth, especially since they already lost Marte as well. But I think the offense is still going to be okay.

My main concern is the rotation. They have some talented guys but they’re going to lean heavily on three guys who missed huge chunks of last season.

My cautiously optimistic prediction is 88 wins and a wild card berth.

Reactions: lucas80
I would have really liked to see them add one more SP. I’m not concerned about their offense, as Benson and India will have bigger roles and they will need to produce. Benson is a guy that has the ability to take the next step and he came into camp with a great mindset.

The rotation is a concern, not because of talent but because of innings. Not sure how many you’re going to get out Lodolo. Montas might have have trouble going deeper into games. I like bullpen, just wish the rotation was a little more solid.

Reactions: TJ8869
Looks like I need to revise my prediction. Matt McLain’s status is now questionable. He was having soreness in his non-throwing shoulder and an MRI revealed “something” that might require surgery. It’s also possible that they can treat it without surgery.

The season hasn’t even started yet and the Reds have already lost Marte, Friedl, and now maybe McLain.

Looks like I need to revise my prediction. Matt McLain’s status is now questionable. He was having soreness in his non-throwing shoulder and an MRI revealed “something” that might require surgery. It’s also possible that they can treat it without surgery.

The season hasn’t even started yet and the Reds have already lost Marte, Friedl, and now maybe McLain.
I'm not poking at you, but I was going to mention this. Another tough loss for the Reds. This seems like a real loss to start the season, especially because it's the nebulous, "shoulder soreness", kind of thing. Sucks, I think a vibrant Reds team adds a lot to the Central.

Reactions: TJ8869
I'm not poking at you, but I was going to mention this. Another tough loss for the Reds. This seems like a real loss to start the season, especially because it's the nebulous, "shoulder soreness", kind of thing. Sucks, I think a vibrant Reds team adds a lot to the Central.
Yeah, hopefully McLain isn’t out too long. He got overshadowed by EDLC quite a bit last year, and understandably so, but he’s a solid player whose health is key for this year’s outlook.

My concern is that the Reds are going to fvck around trying to see if he can play through it and then end up having to shut him down for the rest of the season for surgery in mid May.

Yeah, hopefully McLain isn’t out too long. He got overshadowed by EDLC quite a bit last year, and understandably so, but he’s a solid player whose health is key for this year’s outlook.

My concern is that the Reds are going to fvck around trying to see if he can play through it and then end up having to shut him down for the rest of the season for surgery in mid May.
Can I interest you in a totally healthy Nick Madrigal in order to bridge the gap at 2B until McLain comes back?

I live on the mountain closest to the reds spring training facility. Fun club to follow and solid fan base. For those commenting on Elly's slender build....I got to meet him last week and dude is putting on more muscle and is getting stout. Seemed like a good dude.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT