ADVERTISEMENT

The Elly De La Cruz era in Cincinnati has begun

If Cincy can hold these guys they have now together for a few years, the Big Red Machine may be visiting a NL park near you soon!
They won’t. As soon as some of them start costing them money they’ll trade them away.

They won’t. As soon as some of them start costing them money they’ll trade them away.
They won’t be able to keep all of them. That’s simply not realistic in this era, even if they had enough money to pay them all. But I think they’ll do everything they can to keep Elly. Votto’s $250M contract ends next year. That will give them some flexibility to help sign guys like EDLC and McLain and Abbott.

Reactions: nelly02
Dude is electric. He’s already Reds fans’ favorite player. He’s 3-for-7 with 3 runs scored and a mammoth 458-foot home run in his first two games, helping the Reds to consecutive wins over the Dodgers.

He’s the proverbial 5-tool player. Former Reds great Eric Davis refers to him as a 6-tool player because he can switch hit.
Cliffs.

Some of us have given up on baseball in the past few years.

No doubt, he’s making me seriously consider becoming a Reds fan and ditching the Cubs culture which I hardly follow anymore. The Ricketts would sell Elly away too ya know if they were so fortunate as to have him.

He makes me want to watch baseball again and my soon to be daughter in law is a big fan having grown up there.

Who are the resident Reds fans on GIAOT anyway?
I have been a life long reds fan. Jump on board and enjoy the ride

Elly is the kind of player who makes people who don’t care about baseball watch baseball.

I think Reds broadcaster John Sadak said it best: “He…is just…different.”
Present and accounted for. Since I played baseball as a kid and my son played, I have some general interest in the MLB. With that being said, I don’t believe I have ever watched a full game on tv other than a few random playoff games and the cubs World Series run. I seek out Elly highlights and have more interest in him than any particular player since McGwire and Sosa in the home run chase. For me, he’s generated outside interest in baseball kind like how Caitlin Clark did it for me with women’s college basketball. He is the modern day bo Jackson but he is a better baseball player.

Last edited:
Lemmee guess: Burnes, Airbender guy, and who else?
1st game - Wade Miley for 6, followed by Peguero, Payamps & Williams. Brewers won 1-0

2nd game - Burnes for 6, followed by Peguero, Paymaps, & Williams. Brewers won 1-0.

3rd game - Peralta for 6, followed by Peguwro, Payamps & Williams. Brewers won 3-0.

As a Brewers fan, I've come to realize they're the Iowa football of MLB. You look at their offensive stats & wonder how they win more than they lose.

• Wow
Reactions: Joes Place
1st game - Wade Miley for 6, followed by Peguero, Payamps & Williams. Brewers won 1-0

2nd game - Burnes for 6, followed by Peguero, Paymaps, & Williams. Brewers won 1-0.

3rd game - Peralta for 6, followed by Peguwro, Payamps & Williams. Brewers won 3-0.

As a Brewers fan, I've come to realize they're the Iowa football of MLB. You look at their offensive stats & wonder how they win more than they lose.
Yelich has been heating up last couple months.

But aside from him and the catcher, there hasn't been much else.
Giving up on Arcia kinda backfired on them.

Reds aren't exactly the A's or Royals here, offensively, either.

I think they were one of the top-hitting clubs in the league the past month or so.

Yep:

Last 30 days, #5 in all of baseball 0.796 OPS (likely higher minus the past 3 games)
Last 7 days: LAST in all of baseball (0.270 OPS)

Per MLB stats (OPS)

EDIT: they were #4 in all of baseball for June with 0.791 Team OPS

Reactions: wausauhawk

Just checked Brewer's July #'s

0.789 OPS for July. So, maybe they're getting their Mojo on....

Yelich has been heating up last couple months.

But aside from him and the catcher, there hasn't been much else.
Giving up on Arcia kinda backfired on them.
I'm glad Arcia is having an all-star caliber season. He seems like a great guy who loves playing the game. That said, I'd rather have Willy Adames. Better defensively & a lot more power.

Yelich, Contreras & Adames are a decent top 3. Owen Miller is hitting cleanup & is a nice utility guy. Rest of lineup are AAA/fringe mlbers or overmatched rookies. Really hope they make a deal for a couple bats as I think their window is closing. Reds are clearly improved, as are the Pirates. Cubs aren't awful & have to think the Cards will bounce back.

Reactions: Joes Place
It’s going to be interesting to see the adjustments EDLC makes as the league digests tape of him, and stops throwing him so many mashable pitches. The speed is electric, but MLB pitchers always find the hole in your swing.

NL Central is gonna have some solid SS's

Pirates' Cruz Oneal was another good looking young player before his ankle injury; not sure when he's coming back.

I'm glad Arcia is having an all-star caliber season. He seems like a great guy who loves playing the game. That said, I'd rather have Willy Adames. Better defensively & a lot more power.

Yelich, Contreras & Adames are a decent top 3. Owen Miller is hitting cleanup & is a nice utility guy. Rest of lineup are AAA/fringe mlbers or overmatched rookies. Really hope they make a deal for a couple bats as I think their window is closing. Reds are clearly improved, as are the Pirates. Cubs aren't awful & have to think the Cards will bounce back.
Desperately need to add at least 2 bats. Would be better if they added 2 OF's and a 1B

Payamps is near automatic at this point. Definitely the best arm in the pen. Peguero is coming along but still gets mixed up with location every now and then with the off speed stuff.

Payamps is near automatic at this point. Definitely the best arm in the pen. Peguero is coming along but still gets mixed up with location every now and then with the off speed stuff.
They got Payamps, one other guy and Contreras for Estuary Ruiz (and others), who they acquired as part of the Hader trade last year that everyone chirped about.

Now, that's kind of looking like a stroke of genius...

They got Payamps, one other guy and Contreras for Estuary Ruiz (and others), who they acquired as part of the Hader trade last year that everyone chirped about.

Oakland really loves Ruiz. Steals bases and ok glove. Really was shocked that's all Milwaukee gave up in that deal.

Oakland really loves Ruiz. Steals bases and ok glove. Really was shocked that's all Milwaukee gave up in that deal.
Right? Seems like a bargain on their side.

They would not have had anywhere near the leverage for Hader this year & saved some $$ as well.

Tampa still impresses me with how paltry their payroll is, while the steamroll most of the league this year....

That was a 3 team deal w the A's & Braves. Brewers sent Ruiz & got Payamps from Oakland & Contreras from Atlanta. Braves were willing to give up Contreras since they got Sean Murphy from Oakland. Definitely looking like a win for the Crew on that one.
The Hader trade was still a disaster imo. Everything I've read it killed clubhouse morale/chemistry. They were in 1st place at time of deal & ended up missing playoffs.

That was a 3 team deal w the A's & Braves. Brewers sent Ruiz & got Payamps from Oakland & Contreras from Atlanta. Braves were willing to give up Contreras since they got Sean Murphy from Oakland. Definitely looking like a win for the Crew on that one.
The Hader trade was still a disaster imo. Everything I've read it killed clubhouse morale/chemistry. They were in 1st place at time of deal & ended up missing playoffs.
Hader was faltering then, though, and continue to falter in San Diego late in that season.
He was still an ace, but not sure how they would have come out better by holding onto him another year.

Hader was faltering then, though, and continue to falter in San Diego late in that season.
He was still an ace, but not sure how they would have come out better by holding onto him another year.
Go be a Brewers fan somewhere else. This is an Elly De La Cruz thread.

Reactions: nelly02
We'll turn it back to an EDLC thread when EDLC can get a hit of Brewer's pitchers.... 👀

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT