ADVERTISEMENT

The Elly De La Cruz era in Cincinnati has begun

Except you just posted that it's not, when you bashed a guy w/ a higher average for "not hitting for power".

His OPS is "league average" at .707.
EDLC is at almost .850

Ergo: OPS literally shows you that EDLC "hits for more power".

EDLC also has a higher OBP than Fraley: .353 vs .332 (2nd highest on the team)
You can't score runs when you don't get on base.

the-more-you-know.gif

Batting average is a very limiting statistic of a batter's actual abilities and value as a hitter.

I disagree, Joe. Thanks.

He’s not eligible for FA until 2029. Right now the Reds are reaping the benefits of being the only team in MLB that even offered him a contract. Just let me be happy for 4 more years and then I’ll have plenty of time to be pissed off about him signing with the Dodgers in ‘29.
Part of the reason the Rays keep being good, and the Brewers are better than the Cubs right now is their GMs aren't paralyzed and will deal a guy for max value versus letting them walk.
I'm just spit balling, by the way. Who knows what happens. I happen to love baseball and wish more special players would be able to stay in smaller markets. It makes the league better.

Part of the reason the Rays keep being good, and the Brewers are better than the Cubs right now is their GMs aren't paralyzed and will deal a guy for max value versus letting them walk.

Yes- they cannot "outspend" so they have to deal smarter.

Brewers dealt an All Star/Cy Young/Future HOF pitcher in Burnes, and got what looks like the best 3B they've had in many years locked down for 5-6 yrs. Ortiz started the year putting up near-All-Star numbers, but has slowed a bit.

Chourio, who is now putting up All Star numbers over his last 30 days (.325 AVG, .885 OBP at just 20 yrs of age), is another lockdown they will have for I think 8 yrs? He started fairly slow, but seems to have really locked in recently.

And they'll probably deal their 'air-bender' closer by his last contract year to get more development talent in-house. Right now, they have a substantial core of their team under club control for 4-6 years, which gives them salary cap room to buy up a few stars to go with them.

They actually have some salary space to land a #1/2 starter by the trade deadline - just a matter of how much of their young talent they want to trade away if that SP is a "rental" - they are more likely to go after a guy they can keep for 2-3 yrs.

Reactions: wausauhawk
I'm a tool cause I forgot more about baseball than you'll ever know? Hahaha...

Rule changes, timed pitches and larger bases ( shorter distance between bases ) have made it soooo much easier to steal. Ricky might have had a 100 steals by the all star game says Ricky...

15 home runs and 15 doubles? That's a big deal to you? Musial averaged 16 doubles by the all star break for 22 fricking years, including leading the league in hits 6x, doubles 8x and triples 5x. He did hit 465 home runs without even trying. Did he hit 15 before the break? Who knows? Meaningless stats like these only popped up after ESPN and Twitter clowns came on the scene...

This is just weird.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT