ADVERTISEMENT

The Fall of Minneapolis

Have you watched the documentary?

• Total voters
I think that has to do with me being upfront in all my post that I don't live here and that I am a visitor.

It is what it is. There might be an aspect of I haven't seen how much my child grows each day but my parents noticed how much she changed in the couple of weeks sense seeing her last, if you will.

Also, th whole alpha beta thing. If someone says dumb shit and has the need to tell you they are an alpha, odds are they are not. There is still hierarchy in all species and beta responses are always going to be beta responses.

Thatsscience.gif

Yes, and brian just goes after the people he doesnt agree with that are up front that they have family/friends up there and visits often.

As far as the whole alpha/beta thing. You arent a wolf or a chimp and dont have a “pack”. All the people i see use that terminology to describe people are meatheads who have been hit too many times in the head MMA’ing or wanna be UFC meatheads

Reactions: Ree4
I live within spitting distance to Fort Snelling across the river in highland park. Clearly there are gorgeous neighborhoods in that area along the Mississippi. Ask him how the S Minneapolis area faired around the 46st street rail station. If he doesn’t know, he clearly paid little attention. That is just one residential area close to where you are talking about that got hit hard. Let me know if you would like to know more areas
You mean all the new apartment buildings that have been built in that area since Floyd was murdered?

Suburbanites in the Cities have been afraid of Minneapolis for decades. They've talked shit about Mpls.well before the Floyd murder.
I’m not a suburbanite nor am I afraid to visit your city. It just has gone downhill in recent years and is a shit hole compared to other major cities across the country. Plenty of Minneapolis natives agree with me. That’s it.

You mean all the new apartment buildings that have been built in that area since Floyd was murdered?

Is everyone eligible for these new apartment buildings? Or is it a government subsidized initiative that has income guidelines attached?

The term Murderapolis was coined by the NYT in the 1990's after a spike in violent crime as a result of the crack epidemic.
Wrong.

On Chicago Avenue across the street from the Midtown Global Market, stands a row of single-story brick buildings. One, which is now a Somali grocery store, was Koscielski’s Guns and Ammo from 1995-2016. The year it opened, Mark Koscielski began selling a t-shirt out of the shop. Its words, dripping blood red, said, “Murderapolis: City of Wakes 1995.”

Across the country, violent crime had fallen after peaking in 1991, but Minneapolis saw 97 homicides in 1995, the most of any year before or since. The Baltimore Sun, the Washington Post and the New York Times all highlighted Koscielski’s t-shirt in their coverage of Minneapolis, and the moniker stuck.

The interview of him lasted about 1 minute.

Don't be so fragile.
Liz Collins a writer of this documentary is married to Bob Kroll a former Mpls police officer. Over the course of his career he's had 20 internal affairs complaints, and was the subject of several lawsuits that cost the taxpayers tens of thousands of $$. He's been suspended several times.

So if I'm 'fragile' for calling out a propaganda documentary for giving a murderer star billing for a cameo role then so be it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ree4
Is everyone eligible for these new apartment buildings? Or is it a government subsidized initiative that has income guidelines attached?
You tell me. I'm not doing your research for you. Also, what difference does it make. Their popping up like mushrooms in So Mpls.

Last edited:
Wrong.

On Chicago Avenue across the street from the Midtown Global Market, stands a row of single-story brick buildings. One, which is now a Somali grocery store, was Koscielski’s Guns and Ammo from 1995-2016. The year it opened, Mark Koscielski began selling a t-shirt out of the shop. Its words, dripping blood red, said, “Murderapolis: City of Wakes 1995.”

Across the country, violent crime had fallen after peaking in 1991, but Minneapolis saw 97 homicides in 1995, the most of any year before or since. The Baltimore Sun, the Washington Post and the New York Times all highlighted Koscielski’s t-shirt in their coverage of Minneapolis, and the moniker stuck.
I stand corrected. I've never hear of Koscielski's or the tee shirt. They must have sold about 5 of them.

Well, actually Nakomis area lost a lot of businesses so they must live by the chain of lakes or Mississippi BLVD

My lord, this is what happens when people argue about something they have zero clue on.
I can only think of one business that was destroyed near Nokomis; the Speedway on Cedar.

Skipped through it…looks like a bunch of former police officers whining. Might let it play in the background sometime while I’m doing some work and give it half my attention. Left or right, I don’t give much credence to propaganda pieces.

You tell me. I'm not doing your research for you. Also, what difference does it make. Their popping up like mushrooms in So Mpls.

Ok. Do you have the exact addresses of the apartment buildings you're referencing?

The point is that cities that have been ravaged by crime and destruction are often the benefactors of government assistance as it relates to housing construction. With that comes guidelines for who is eligible to apply.

Might kind of throw water on your narrative that it's organically a vibrant and growing place.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Ok. Do you have the exact addresses of the apartment buildings you're referencing?

The point is that cities that have been ravaged by crime and destruction are often the benefactors of government assistance as it relates to housing construction. With that comes guidelines for who is eligible to apply.

Might kind of throw water on your narrative that it's organically a vibrant and growing place.
Just in. People get murdered in big cities. Every single one of them. In most cases it’s a 2-3 mile radius unfortunately. St Louis, KC, Detroit, Minneapolis, guess what? Des Moines as well. It’s been that way forever. If you’re not looking for trouble I’m going to guess 99% of you are going to be ok. These once a month threads about our “shithole” cities are just ridiculous. You freaking Republicans can go move to Pella or wherever you want to go to hide from the big bad world.

You can stop now. You have no credibility left.
Well, I've been to Minneapolis, that puts me above you when it comes to credibility on the issue. I'm sorry you got so triggered by a push piece created by a far right think tank.
What are your favorite big cities to visit? Any that you feel safe in?
I'll leave you alone for the rest of the day. I'm sure you have lots of family activities going on.

Last edited:
Reactions: littlez
You are so full of shit or your son only rides the Blue line between Noon and 3pm. I have zero reason to make this up I rode it every day for 13 years before Covid. I promise you nothing scares me. I’m just stating facts and why you feel the need to defend a shitty cesspool is beyond me.

Holy shit - please elaborate on his everyday ride. Just realized you say he lives in Minneapolis. Does he have work at the airport or DT St Paul? If he rides it between DT Minneapolis stops, no shit he won’t see anything. There are 2 stops. You make so much shit up I don’t know how keep it straight. Better google the blue and green lines and find a destination you can claim he rides it to everyday. Don’t mind me, I’ve only been here 23 years and have rode the train since inception. And I also love talking shit about an area I live in. Or does he live in dinkytown and take the Green one stop to the DT blue? Again, no shit he would feel safe. But go on- pretend like you know more than us that live here
I'm sorry you saw that black person that one time and got scared. He rides the green and the blue, and goes past the airport 5 days a week during morning and evening rush. You seem extra triggered. Maybe you should just white knuckle it from Anoka to Fridley.

Reactions: littlez

Like I said, do your own research. They are public records. And if you don't get back to me (and I'm confident you won't) I will consider it throwing water on your criticism.

Like I said, do your own research. They are public records. And if you don't get back to me (and I'm confident you won't) I will consider it throwing water on your criticism.

You're the one that brought up random "apartment buildings" without providing any specific names or addresses.

Yet you expect me to do research on the very apartment buildings you fail to specifically identify.

If you didn’t look and act like a skinny, entitled little phag you wouldn’t have a problem.

hysterical-ricky-gervais.gif

You brought up 'ravaged by crime' and 'government assistance'.
Cite specifics or STFU.
Trying to claim that Minneapolis isn't ravaged by crime is like trying to claim the sun doesn't rise in the morning. I brought up "government assistance" in a discussion related to the random "apartment buildings" that you have continuously refused to specifically identify. What are the names and addresses of the "apartment buildings" that you are putting foward as an illustration of the organic revival of a thriving downtown area?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT