ADVERTISEMENT

The Fall of Minneapolis

Have you watched the documentary?

• Total voters
Ok. Great. Nice work. And I have lived here since 2001. But go on. Keep being the expert. No idea where your family lives. It’s a rather larger area. “Minneapolis” means different things to people who don’t live here.
L oh Effing L.

Ok. Great. Nice work. And I have lived here since 2001. But go on. Keep being the expert. No idea where your family lives. It’s a rather larger area. “Minneapolis” means different things to people who don’t live here.
Just to expand on L Oh Effing L.....If you go looking for crime you're gonna find it in every large city everywhere.

Did you watch it?

I don’t watch anything that is clearly propaganda. There is literally millions of hours of political media produced each year. Intelligent people use some discretion is choosing what to watch.

You, of course, are a willing and eager consumer of any propaganda that clearly caters to your own bias. Because whatever high opinion you hold about yourself, you are clearly a fool.

Just to expand on L Oh Effing L.....If you go looking for crime you're gonna find it in every large city everywhere.
No shit. Nobody is arguing against that. I was just confirming, IMO, Minneapolis is far worse now than it was 5 years ago in regard to safety and crime. Not saying I don’t like living here; but it is a fact. I find it comical that people on the far left that don’t live here feel the need to defend the city saying it isn’t bad. I have no clue why someone who doesn’t have first hand knowledge argues so hard about that. Who cares if a city is having issues. Doesn’t mean it sucks or people are scared to come here. I know it is hard to admit that a liberal city has a lot of crime - but im here to tell you it does. A lot.

9845fa87-1820-416c-a853-fdf408a5b01e_text.gif

Also, yo ass lives in Johnson County.

I don’t even know which county is Johnson County. I grew up in Burlington, spent fifteen years in Amarillo, five years in Houston, and twenty years in North Jersey; working in places like Manhattan and Jersey City.

You see, fools assume they know stuff that they don’t.

I don’t watch anything that is clearly propaganda. There is literally millions of hours of political media produced each year. Intelligent people use some discretion is choosing what to watch.

You, of course, are a willing and eager consumer of any propaganda that clearly caters to your own bias. Because whatever high opinion you hold about yourself, you are clearly a fool.

My media consumption is quite diverse.

And you refusing to watch the documentary while at the same time asserting that the piece is "clearly propaganda" is just perfect. I'd expect nothing less from you.

I don’t even know which county is Johnson County. I grew up in Burlington, spent fifteen years in Amarillo, five years in Houston, and twenty years in North Jersey; working in places like Manhattan and Jersey City.

You see, fools assume they know stuff that they don’t.
Oh, yeah?

the-sopranos-oh-yeah.gif

So you're just Jersey retarded?

Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
I was making fun of you because you're an idiot.

Was that not clear?
Hey you called me an idiot! You're a King of quality message board content. I'm so owned!

I didn't say a damn thing about Portland, I don't know anything about Portland and I'm not saying I'm some kind of expert on Minneapolis. Only that I find it laughable that rightwing morons (see the OP in this thread) try to label Minneapolis as some kind of 1980's Beirut hellscape.

I have family living in Minneapolis and I'm going to be spending Christmas in Minneapolis and I have absolutely no fear when I am in Minneapolis that anything bad is going to happen to me--sure, I'm not in high crime areas, but that's kind of the point, why the hell is the entire city being dumped on for the "bad" parts of town that exist in any large city and always have existed.

And you're calling me an idiot, that's really priceless dude.

Reactions: littlez
Hey you called me an idiot! You're a King of quality message board content. I'm so owned!

I didn't say a damn thing about Portland, I don't know anything about Portland and I'm not saying I'm some kind of expert on Minneapolis. Only that I find it laughable that rightwing morons (see the OP in this thread) try to label Minneapolis as some kind of 1980's Beirut hellscape.

I have family living in Minneapolis and I'm going to be spending Christmas in Minneapolis and I have absolutely no fear when I am in Minneapolis that anything bad is going to happen to me--sure, I'm not in high crime areas, but that's kind of the point, why the hell is the entire city being dumped on for the "bad" parts of town that exist in any large city and always have existed.

Merry Christmas, idiot.

Sweet. So let me get this straight. You don’t live here, your family lives in a nice area, yet you feel the need to tell folks that live here we are wrong when we say it has changed quite a bit. Ok. Got it. When was the last time your family went to a show on Nicollet after 9pm? Or spent some time at midtown global market? Or rode the green or blue line after 4pm, or a lot of other things. But hey, you are going to a Vikings game with 100k other folks, so that proves Minneapolis is safe as hell.

Serious question - why can’t you just accept a city has gotten worse because of Covid and crime? Whats so wrong admitting that? And is there any city in America you consider unsafe? I assume not based on your earth shattering argument above

Last edited:

So what suburb are you staying in?

No shit. Nobody is arguing against that. I was just confirming, IMO, Minneapolis is far worse now than it was 5 years ago in regard to safety and crime. Not saying I don’t like living here; but it is a fact. I find it comical that people on the far left that don’t live here feel the need to defend the city saying it isn’t bad. I have no clue why someone who doesn’t have first hand knowledge argues so hard about that. Who cares if a city is having issues. Doesn’t mean it sucks or people are scared to come here. I know it is hard to admit that a liberal city has a lot of crime - but im here to tell you it does. A lot.
Dude, the thread is titled "The Fall of Minneapolis", which is totally and completely laughable for anybody that has any experience at all with Minneapolis.

The thing my family members have specifically talked about fearing in recent years when it comes to Minneapolis is the car-jacking issue (we've talked about the 2020 riots, but apparently residential neighborhoods were completely safe during that period), but now I'm going to be asking if Minneapolis is far worse now than it was 5 years ago when it comes to safety and crime and I'm kind of doubting their opinion is going to jibe with with yours on that, but who knows! I haven't actually asked the question! Hasn't come up!
'

• Haha
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
Dude, the thread is titled "The Fall of Minneapolis", which is totally and completely laughable for anybody that has any experience at all with Minneapolis.

The thing my family members have specifically talked about fearing in recent years when it comes to Minneapolis is the car-jacking issue (we've talked about the 2020 riots, but apparently residential neighborhoods were completely safe during that period), but now I'm going to be asking if Minneapolis is far worse now than it was 5 years ago when it comes to safety and crime and I'm kind of doubting they're gonna agree with you on that, but who knows! I haven't actually asked the question! Hasn't come up!
'
You deviated from the original post long ago. The original post is about a documentary; but who cares. You just showed your cards and how little you know about the city. Clearly you have zero idea how far Minneapolis spans and all the neighborhoods that were impacted during the riots. . I have zero idea where your family lives; but the riots certainly hit residential areas. Multiple neighborhoods in South Minneapolis and Midtown had a ton of damage that my wife and I helped clean up. North Minneapolis got destroyed. Many areas of St. Paul, etc. But hey, if your family lives in Edina or by the lakes, I can see why they didn’t realize it. Well, actually Nakomis area lost a lot of businesses so they must live by the chain of lakes or Mississippi BLVD

My lord, this is what happens when people argue about something they have zero clue on.

Last edited:

The thing my family members have specifically talked about fearing in recent years when it comes to Minneapolis is the car-jacking issue (we've talked about the 2020 riots, but apparently residential neighborhoods were completely safe during that period), but now I'm going to be asking if Minneapolis is far worse now than it was 5 years ago when it comes to safety and crime and I'm kind of doubting their opinion is going to jibe with with yours on that, but who knows! I haven't actually asked the question! Hasn't come up!
'
What a tubesteak.

Hi,

Never seen the movie. Downtown Minneapolis is a shithole.

Let me know if you want to compare degrees and ranks of universities they were obtained from.

Again, anyone with means that lives in the area avoids downtown.

Pussy.

🤣

From the triggered little boy!

I'm sorry for your insecurity, little guy. I personally have no need to compare myself with an impotent little simpleton on a message board.

Maybe Santa can bring you some confidence! I'll hope for you!

❄️🤡

Reactions: Ree4
You deviated from the original post long ago. The original post is about a documentary; but who cares. You just showed your cards and now little you know about the city. Clearly you have zero idea how far Minneapolis spans and all the neighborhoods that were impacted during the riots. . I have zero idea where your family lives; but the riots certainly hit residential areas. Multiple neighborhoods in South Minneapolis and Midtown had a ton of damage that my wife and I helped clean up. North Minneapolis got destroyed. Many areas of St. Paul, etc. But hey, if your family lives in Edina or by the lakes, I can see why they didn’t realize it. Well, actually Nakomis area lost a lot of businesses so they just live by the chain of lakes.

My lord, this is what happens when people argue about something they have zero clue on.
How. When. Where. Did. I. Deviate. From. The. Original. Post.? Point. It. Out. Or. S.T.F.U.

Dude, you haven't said a peep about how OP and the rightwing trolls in this thread are completely full of shit, you've just been running around name-calling and ridiculing anyone who pushes back and makes fun of the hellscape narrative they're pushing.

I know enough about Minneapolis to know they're completely full of shit.

How. When. Where. Did. I. Deviate. From. The. Original. Post.? Point. It. Out. Or. S.T.F.U.

Dude, you haven't said a peep about how OP and the rightwing trolls in this thread are completely full of shit, you've just been running around name-calling and ridiculing anyone who pushes back and makes fun of the hellscape narrative they're pushing.

See my links.

Yet you think residential areas weren’t impacted by the riots? You may want to retract that part of your statement if you are going to keep going. Or at least talk to folks outside the bubble of Minneapolis you think you know.

What name calling? Apologizing to anyone if I did that. I just can’t stand how people think they know somewhere because of media or family or because they visit from time to time. You basically admitted you have zero clue when you said no residential areas were impacted by the riots. It’s embarrassing you cannot admit that.

Last edited:
You are so full of shit or your son only rides the Blue line between Noon and 3pm. I have zero reason to make this up I rode it every day for 13 years before Covid. I promise you nothing scares me. I’m just stating facts and why you feel the need to defend a shitty cesspool is beyond me.

Holy shit - please elaborate on his everyday ride. Just realized you say he lives in Minneapolis. Does he have work at the airport or DT St Paul? If he rides it between DT Minneapolis stops, no shit he won’t see anything. There are 2 stops. You make so much shit up I don’t know how keep it straight. Better google the blue and green lines and find a destination you can claim he rides it to everyday. Don’t mind me, I’ve only been here 23 years and have rode the train since inception. And I also love talking shit about an area I live in. Or does he live in dinkytown and take the Green one stop to the DT blue? Again, no shit he would feel safe. But go on- pretend like you know more than us that live here
Not sure if this is the line you’re talking about, but when I traveled to Minneapolis and was going to be solely downtown and not renting a car, I’d take the rail to/from the airport. I think it was the Lake St station/area that was always interesting and usually some crazy people got on and off around that station or the one before. But nothing that you wouldn’t see in any other large city.

None of my co-workers would ride it and would instead take a taxi or Uber. I’d spend $1.25 each way but they didn’t want to mess with it. Many of them were afraid of their shadows.

But just to clarify - as I mentioned in an earlier post, I haven’t traveled there much in the last 4-5 years.

Reactions: lucas80
Not sure if this is the line you’re talking about, but when I traveled to Minneapolis and was going to be solely downtown and not renting a car, I’d take the rail to/from the airport. I think it was the Lake St station/area that was always interesting and usually some crazy people got on and off around that station or the one before. But nothing that you wouldn’t see in any other large city.

None of my co-workers would ride it and would instead take a taxi or Uber. I’d spend $1.25 each way but they didn’t want to mess with it. Many of them were afraid of their shadows.

The rail line is a bargain

🤣

From the triggered little boy!

I'm sorry for your insecurity, little guy. I personally have no need to compare myself with an impotent little simpleton on a message board.

Maybe Santa can bring you some confidence! I'll hope for you!

❄️🤡
Keep talking about someone's "G.E.D" and then running like a little bitch when you run into a guy who can drag his balls across your chin.

Much LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: SocraticIshmael
Yet you think residential areas weren’t impacted by the riots? You may want to retract that part of your statement if you are going to keep going. Or at least talk to folks outside the bubble of Minneapolis you think you know.

What name calling? Apologizing to anyone if I did that. I just can’t stand how people think they know somewhere because of media or family or because they visit from time to time. You basically admitted you have zero clue when you said no residential areas were impacted by the riots. It’s embarrassing you cannot admit that.
In conversation with my brother about the days after the riots he said that he and my sister-in-law were thinking seriously about temporarily moving with the kids to the vacant family house in rural Iowa (parents had moved into a sort of assisted living a few years earlier--we still used the house for family gatherings and for visits--large family) --but the residential area they lived in was completely left alone and he noted that residential areas were almost completely untouched, it was business hub areas and main drags where there were issues.

If I misunderstood I'm gonna check in the next few days, but this is a guy who actually lives in Minneapolis. Last summer I remember driving from his place to a park near Fort Snelling and driving miles and miles through just beautiful residential areas, all in Minneapolis. So maybe I don't live there, but I know that the picture that rightwing Nazi media is trying to push about Minneapolis as a large "DEMOCRAT PARTY RUN CITY HELLHOLE" is bullshit.

We've also been through all this crap on this board when it comes to Chicago over and over and over.

Last edited:
Keep talking about someone's "G.E.D" and then running like a little bitch when you run into a guy who can drag his balls across your chin.

Much LOL.

🤣

So, sooo insecure. Shocking, really. I thought most men evolved from such insecurity well before your age. You really are a rare, pathetic little specimen. What, exactly, did the women in your life do to damage you so deeply?

Oh, sorry to ruin your fantasy, but I'm straight. And to "drag...balls across [a] chin" (again, such juvenile, often misogynistic phrasing), you'd have to have them.

Your consistent representations of personal impotence imply the impossibility of such a task for you.

❄️🤡

Reactions: Ree4 and artradley
There are a lot of adults on this site. Thanks for sharing this.
Oh man, MVP of the board. So it's not adult to scream at other people on an anonymous message board on a Saturday night that's also Christmas Eve Eve? Better to yell at the kids and kick the dog! Is that what' you're telling me! Thanks for sharing!

🤣

So, sooo insecure. Shocking, really. I thought most men evolved from such insecurity well before your age. You really are a rare, pathetic little specimen. What, exactly, did the women in your life do to damage you so deeply?

Oh, sorry to ruin your fantasy, but I'm straight. And to "drag...balls across [a] chin" (again, such juvenile, often misogynistic phrasing), you'd have to have them.

Your consistent representations of personal impotence imply the impossibility of such a task for you.

❄️🤡
Ask me how I know you are a beta. Dragging my balls across your chin is in no way sexual sped class. Keep typing though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT