ADVERTISEMENT

The fear of a looming Trump dictatorship

Your side orchestrated a campaign of terror and intimidation throughout the summer of 2020 in the lead up to the presidential election.

Your side further attempted a soft coup with the Russia collusion hoax.

You're not obsessed with democracy, you're obsessed with power.

You don't hold any high ground.
How so? What are you referring to?

I’m obsessed with our democracy, and the peaceful transition of power that we’ve long take for granted. Like all the others here who claim they don’t support Trump while always, always, sneering st those who do you show who you are every day. Post after post. A vile fool, gleefully enabling a traitor.

He has 75 million supporters, but only a tiny fraction anywhere who admit it. You think we don’t know you’re all lying?
Yep. Moron.

OMG, are you serious right now. The Democrats hated this family. I can't stand them. They are nothing but war mongering politicians. But Democrats never once gave anything they had to say serious. Democrats called them every name in the book for decades.

She gets a big hair up her ass because Trump wouldn't start wars and goes after Trump and now her word (or anything the Cheney's say) would mean anything.

They are baiting you. Cheney's are (and always have been) the snakes in the grass.
So it’s the democrats fault Trump says he will abandon the rule of law and move to a dictatorship? That’s on you. Not the Dems.

Yesterday it was "Trump dictatorship is increasingly inevitable". Today it's "The fear of a looming Trump dictatorship". What will it be tomorrow? "The for really real immenent Trump dictatorship"? Lol
You aren’t paying attention. Read what Trump says he will do. If you don’t think that’s a dictatorship, I’m not sure you understand what the word means.

Trump was handed the keys to ultimate power and dictatorship during the the Covid-19 crisis and turned it down. Instead he followed the constitution and gave power and decision making to the states.
Why would Trump have any interest in cleaning up COVID? Dude is only about himself

It's damn embarrassing for the country to hear those Iowa GOP voters cheer Trump's promise to abuse power in a dictatorial vein.

It is also scary.
Who are these people?
Members of this board. They don't like being compared to 1930's Germany, but they are legit like 1930's Germany. It's scary and we have people poo-pooing this. I don't want to live like Russians do.

Been hearing the same thing since 2015.

Somehow made it through 4 years of a Trump presidency without a dictatorship.
Thus far I would suggest that Trump is ineffective as a political operator. I don't think he knows how things work and he has very surficial understanding of process and strategy. His principal skill his whole life is branding and it's the only thing he is really good at.

I suspect that in order to accomplish the goals he is stating he would need a more effective operator. He would either need to depoliticize the American people ala Putin or to align the public against a cause/enemy ala Hitler. He seems to be trying to both. Questioning government institutions, media, processes, etc are all strategies to achieve the former. The latter is targeted with rhetoric regarding immigrants, wokeness, and to even the liberals. I think the conditions in the US will make this impossible to achieve.
In any case it will be better once he is gone.

Thus far I would suggest that Trump is ineffective as a political operator. I don't think he knows how things work and he has very surficial understanding of process and strategy. His principal skill his whole life is branding and it's the only thing he is really good at.

I suspect that in order to accomplish the goals he is stating he would need a more effective operator. He would either need to depoliticize the American people ala Putin or to align the public against a cause/enemy ala Hitler. He seems to be trying to both. Questioning government institutions, media, processes, etc are all strategies to achieve the former. The latter is targeted with rhetoric regarding immigrants, wokeness, and to even the liberals. I think the conditions in the US will make this impossible to achieve.
In any case it will be better once he is gone.
Agree with the bolded.

As far as questioning government institutions/media....that isn't unique to Trump and the R's.

D's attack the Supreme Court, Electoral College, "right wing media" on the regular and insinuate the US is "systemically" racist which is an indictment of the institutions.

Can't be clutching their pearls about the sanctity of the "institutions" when they do a lot of the attacking of those institutions.

Someone correctly identified this long ago

12earlywarningsignsoffascism.jpg

Sounds about right. But not an attack on freedom and democracy, right conservatives?

Agree with the bolded.

As far as questioning government institutions/media....that isn't unique to Trump and the R's.

D's attack the Supreme Court, Electoral College, "right wing media" on the regular and insinuate the US is "systemically" racist which is an indictment of the institutions.

Can't be clutching their pearls about the sanctity of the "institutions" when they do a lot of the attacking of those institutions.
Both sides!!! You're so full of shit.

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
Why would Trump have any interest in cleaning up COVID? Dude is only about himself
Trump didn't "give states power"

He abandoned the use of federal powers to coordinate and consolidate resources, setting up a system where states had to outbid one another for PPE.

And folks in his administration helped profiteers make many millions doing it.

Nope...it's not "rhetoric", it's just facts.

D's do their share of "attacking" institutions, to pretend they don't is just being disingenuous.

Protesting isn't the same as attacking the underlying credibility.

And the SC is a rather silly choice to use, after we've seen all the freebies pushed out on particular conservative justices over the past few years. Especially since their positions on topics reversed after these "vacation relationships" developed...

Reactions: cigaretteman
The democratic war machine, and some select Republicans, are terrified that peace may possibly exist with certain non-career politicians in power.

• Haha
Reactions: unsubstantiated
So it’s the democrats fault Trump says he will abandon the rule of law and move to a dictatorship? That’s on you. Not the Dems.
Would you vote her in as President? NO!!! You wouldn't

My statement is this and this only. Liberals are cheering her on because she spoke out against Trump. I could care less. It's her opinion and that opinion was upsetting to her voters in Wyoming. Once again not my problem. I'm not a Trumper or MAGA cultist (I think that's what liberals use).

If she was president, she would have y'all freaking out because of her voting record. She opposes almost everything you are for. That's a voting fact.

But because she says something about Trump, she's garnered as some sort of hero. What's more important to you guys? 1) Women's right to choose 2) Social programs 3) LGBTQ+ 4) Open immigration 5) Smaller military 6) Welfare help. Because she will vote every one of those down in a heartbeat. She was a big supporter of Trump for most of his time in office. It's when he wanted to withdraw the Military presence in the Middle East that she began to dislike Trump. She is a snake in the grass as I've said. Believe me she will bite you guys when you're not looking. I've watched what that family has done for the past 35 years. America is way better off without them in power.

Agree with the bolded.

Jesus, you're dumb.

Trump didn't "give states power"

He abandoned the use of federal powers to coordinate and consolidate resources, setting up a system where states had to outbid one another for PPE.

And folks in his administration helped profiteers make many millions doing it.
Trump couldn't give two shits if people were dying of COVID. His only goal is to improve his lot. It's weird some people actually use this as an example of him being a good guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT