ADVERTISEMENT

The funniest alpha white male trait in America right now...

You scared or something?
Hit a little close to home.

American conservatives are afraid to go anyplace with more than 100k inhabitants.

Hell, we have right wing dummies here in the QC who say they don’t go to downtown Davenport because of “the violence” 😂

The rest of Illinois is a flyover state, no question. Nothing of substance is coming out of it and it may as well be Indiana, Iowa, Missouri, or Nebraska
I mean, only most of both the preponderance of all construction equipment (Caterpillar) and agricultural equipment (Deere) used in North America, but sure. 🙄😂

Reactions: blhawk
I feel like this is applicable for this thread.

You are the stereotype for "alpha male" delusion. Have you ever tried explaining your passion for hunting to someone in quasi-spiritual terms? Not like "yeah it's fun" but some tale about how you feel more connected with nature and the natural history of the man hunting to provide for his family?

You are the stereotype for "alpha male" delusion. Have you ever tried explaining your passion for hunting to someone in quasi-spiritual terms? Not like "yeah it's fun" but some tale about how you feel more connected with nature and the natural history of the man hunting to provide for his family?
Rephrase your question if you would. As a hunter, yes, one must think like the animal in order to be successful. Geese don't land next to fence rows where preditors can hide. Large bucks don't get large because they like hanging out in the middle of open fields. Turkeys have not survived as an almost flightless bird because they run up to you when you walk into the woods and yell for them. Is that what you are asking?

Rephrase your question if you would. As a hunter, yes, one must think like the animal in order to be successful. Geese don't land next to fence rows where preditors can hide. Large bucks don't get large because they like hanging out in the middle of open fields. Is that what you are asking?

Do you hunt simply because you enjoy it and you're willing to tell people that's all there is to it (i.e. the truth)? Or do you often feel the need to make it sound like you're connecting with your inner caveman?

Do you hunt simply because you enjoy it and you're willing to tell people that's all there is to it (i.e. the truth)? Or do you often feel the need to make it sound like you're connecting with your inner caveman?
I hunt because it's what I like to do. The candy ass that likes to tell.people he is a hunter is the guy who stays in bed when it's 3am and -10 out. I hunt because it's an incredible personal challenge.

By your standard are all mountain bikers, distance runners, weight lifters, climbers ect "delusional"? To be frank that's the beauty of hunting. You can have $10000 gear, talk the greatest talk, have the nicest 4wd ect and the guy that actually knows what they are doing is going to out produce you 10/10. Similar mentality to wrestling or baseball, there isn't anyone else to point at.

I hunt because it's what I like to do. The candy ass that likes to tell.people he is a hunter is the guy who stays in bed when it's 3am and -10 out. I hunt because it's an incredible personal challenge.

By your standard are all mountain bikers, distance runners, weight lifters, climbers ect "delusional"? To be frank that's the beauty of hunting. You can have $10000 gear, talk the greatest talk, have the nicest 4wd ect and the guy that actually knows what they are doing is going to out produce you 10/10. Similar mentality to wrestling or baseball, there isn't anyone else to point at.

Got it. It can't just be because it's fun. That's why I played baseball. Not a good enough reason for an alpha male. It's gotta be about some expression of dominance.

As a home owner I can’t imagine being without a pickup. I use it all the time.

As a homeowner for over 40 years, and someone who has remodeled and made tons of improvements to all of my homes over the years, I can tell you that maybe a couple of times a year I wish had a pickup truck available. If I have a big project I just have it truck delivered. A couple of $75 delivery fees every year makes a lot more sense than owning a pickup truck which, 99.9% of the time, is not needed.

Hate or fear? Either way it's amusing.

Loves America, the flag, identifies as a Patriot. Thinks America isn't great, hates American cities.

Identifies as alpha, tough and dominant, loves guns. Afraid to visit American cities due to the danger.

As a homeowner for over 40 years, and someone who has remodeled and made tons of improvements to all of my homes over the years, I can tell you that maybe a couple of times a year I wish had a pickup truck available. If I have a big project I just have it truck delivered. A couple of $75 delivery fees every year makes a lot more sense than owning a pickup truck which, 99.9% of the time, is not needed.
Not only does my truck allow to me do a multitude of things around my house it also allows me to get my golf cart to the course. I can load my cart into my bed over lunch, leave my house at 4 and be home by 6 after playing 9 holes. Love my truck.

I don’t know where you live Art but I don’t do huge project but plenty of smaller ones where waiting for a delivery truck would just be silly when I can drive a half hour, pick up what I need and continue. Also have huge flower beds and yard so plenty of trips to the town compost. Also have 4 kayaks that get used plenty in the summer. They wouldn’t fit in a Prius. High clearance and 4 wheel drive in the winter helps too. I am sure I am forgetting things. I will not be without a truck until I am too damn old to mow the lawn…

Reactions: Chuck C and torbee
That's what you got out of that? Reread the first sentence and maybe pump the breaks on the agenda.
That's what I got out of the addendum. Rarely can it be that it's just fun. It's usually gotta be that it's fun and tied to some anti-cosmopolitan identity or fun and caveman-spiritual or fun and manly. The implication being the hunter is some more whole being compared to the betas who get their food at the grocery store.

That's what I got out of the addendum. Rarely can it be that it's just fun. It's usually gotta be that it's fun and tied to some anti-cosmopolitan identity or fun and caveman-spiritual or fun and manly. The implication being the hunter is some more whole being compared to the betas who get their food at the grocery store.

You are cracking me up right now. You are so insecure you are attempting a beta and proud, anti masculinity male stance.

I am not. I am mocking your childish conception of masculinity and your reverence for it
So because they are not something you enjoy it's my misconception, because I didn't just simply respond "fuunsies". You are doing great. Care to address mountain biking or rock climbing or running or does your toxic masculinity radar only.go off for hunting?

Tell me more about all the toxic masculinity pages you have read.
I haven't read anything about toxic masculinity. I went to a rural high school. I used to listen to Joe Rogan's podcast. These are my observations. People who get into alpha/beta are usually the same people who get into published for profit self-help (i.e. suckers).

Reactions: torbee and nelly02
I haven't read anything about toxic masculinity. I went to a rural high school. I used to listen to Joe Rogan's podcast. These are my observations. People who get into alpha/beta are usually the same people who get into published for profit self-help (i.e. suckers).
Who is most likely to read self help books?

(In your opinion)

I find the whole concept of masculinity (or femininity) dumb. We're just talking about a collection of traits more often found in one sex than the other -- but obviously not exclusive to either sex.

So it doesn't make sense to "care" about being masculine or feminine. No, that isn't a criticism about possessing a collection of traits that is more traditionally masculine. (or feminine) Do what works for you, but stop worrying about the label.

I'm bored as shit on a conference call for thr next 1.5 hours. Humor me here.

Do you have your issue with "beta/alpha" or is your belief that there are no such thing as "dominant/subordinate" personality types?

I believe your average person concerned with the delineation is a dumb asshole. That's my issue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT