ADVERTISEMENT

The GOP is about to betray Ukraine and embolden Putin, their boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
When our political polarization got so bad that we abandoned the principles our grandparents fought for.
My grandparents fought for the principle an attack on the United States is announcing your own death sentence.

My grandfather was issued a card in January of ‘42 when he signed up for the Marines:
“Japanese Hunting License. No bag limit. Free ammunition.”

By the end of the war it was clear that wasn’t a bullshit advertisement.

Considering how great recruiting is going these days, perhaps the neocons can spice the message up with some reruns from the PNAC. If kids won’t sign up to fight for America, maybe they’ll fight for “benevolent global hegemony.”

The Senate Bill isn't what the left wing politicians and left leaning media are trying to sell. For God's sake, I really wish people would learn to read so they can find out the truth. We are borrowing the money to pay for all the crap in the bill that has nothing to do with Ukraine, Israel, or the securing our borders.

The Senate Bill isn't what the left wing politicians and left leaning media are trying to sell. For God's sake, I really wish people would learn to read so they can find out the truth. We are borrowing the money to pay for all the crap in the bill that has nothing to do with Ukraine, Israel, or the securing our borders.
Excellent use of specifics, as per never.

I love it when the cons complain about other spending in a bill to justify voting against the obvious - supporting Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan.

Adorbs really.
I love it when libs think if we borrow and spend money on everybody under the sun, that somehow makes it ok.

Adorbs really.

In what sense is a nation incapable of self defense a sovereign, and not a protectorate?

I love it when libs think if we borrow and spend money on everybody under the sun, that somehow makes it ok.

Adorbs really.

In what sense is a nation incapable of self defense a sovereign, and not a protectorate?

You really want to go down the road of whether it is in our best interest to assist Ukraine?

We can pay big now, continue decimating the Russian army at almost no risk to US soldiers, or we can pay much much more later.

I say pay now, assist Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan.

But that’s just me.

You really want to go down the road of whether it is in our best interest to assist Ukraine?

We can pay big now, continue decimating the Russian army at almost no risk to US soldiers, or we can pay much much more later.

But that’s just me.
a european strongman is annexing land from neighboring countries...what could go wrong?

Why didn't the Senate pass a specific bill to aid the Ukraine? That should be simple enough, and they wouldn't have to entangle that aid with anything else not related. The Senate is controlled by Democrats, so they created the issue.

Chis, how many pages of the bill have you actually read?

Why didn't the Senate pass a specific bill to aid the Ukraine? That should be simple enough, and they wouldn't have to entangle that aid with anything else not related. The Senate is controlled by Democrats, so they created the issue.

Because legislation is a compromise. That’s how it is supposed to work.

Why do cons now not want to support Ukraine?

Adorbs really.

So you're down for getting rid of the Trump and W tax cuts which added over a 1/3rd of the debt? Right?

What does that assume? That Russia wants a war with NATO. I think that’s the last thing they want.

Besides, considering the EU has more population and a bigger economy than the U.S., and thereby multiples of Russia’s, why is this up to us anyway?

But that’s just me.
Then let’s make it just you (and the like minded).
I think you should be free to send Ukraine whatever aid you’d like, from your own pocket.
I don’t think you should be able to put federal debt, and thereby it’s carrying cost into perpetuity, on the American public to fund a foreign war.
Try running up your credit card, then bring the receipts for what it costs you here for a deserved atta boy from the people that admire that sorta thing.

So you're down for getting rid of the Trump and W tax cuts which added over a 1/3rd of the debt? Right?
I’m for bringing spending back to Clinton era levels, because our currently historic levels of tax receipts would mean real surpluses if we just brought spending back from something other than the levels enjoyed in the midst of WW2.

You game for that? Or was the Clinton era federal austerity and economic blight too insufferable to consider reliving?

Does Chis get a kickback from the Ukraine money laundering? At this point, I think the odds are good that he does.
Odds are good the Rs are getting a kickback from Russia. There is no logical reason for them to oppose aid otherwise. Supporting Ukraine is an absolute bargain for us. Nearly 400,000 Russian troops are dead, their tank forces have been decimated, and Putin looks weak. And we don't have to lift a finger. All we have to do is bankroll Ukraine to do the hard part.

Yet, Rs want this bargain gone. GOP has got to be working for Russia.

The GOP House said Ukraine aid isn't happening unless it included legislation and funding for OUR border. The Senate negotiated for months and achieved it and now the Putin puppet Speaker changed his mind and sabotaged not only the border but our allies. The GOP is an America.

Reactions: h-hawk
Odds are good the Rs are getting a kickback from Russia. There is no logical reason for them to oppose aid otherwise. Supporting Ukraine is an absolute bargain for us. Nearly 400,000 Russian troops are dead, their tank forces have been decimated, and Putin looks weak. And we don't have to lift a finger. All we have to do is bankroll Ukraine to do the hard part.

Yet, Rs want this bargain gone. GOP has got to be working for Russia.
They 100% are, they work for Putin. Their little douchecanoe Tucker is with his buddy now in Moscow.

I’m for bringing spending back to Clinton era levels, because our currently historic levels of tax receipts would mean real surpluses if we just brought spending back from something other than the levels enjoyed in the midst of WW2.

You game for that? Or was the Clinton era federal austerity and economic blight too insufferable to consider reliving?

Sure, if taxes go back to that era also

Reactions: auntie_fah
Sure, if taxes go back to that era also
We collect more in taxes (as measured by %GDP) with the current rate structure.

I’ve shown this to you before. Why do you ignore it?

Do you want higher collections, or do you get off on punitive rates for some reason that you’d rather have higher rates and lower collections?

In my lifetime financing Ukraine is the best third party war deal the US has ever gotten. A lot of times we finance resistance groups that go nowhere. But Ukraine has actually delivered. They've made Russia look like jokes. It's clear the Rs have an agenda to oppose this.

In my lifetime financing Ukraine is the best third party war deal the US has ever gotten. A lot of times we finance resistance groups that go nowhere. But Ukraine has actually delivered. They've made Russia look like jokes. It's clear the Rs have an agenda to oppose this.
I’d like to see your top5.

We collect more in taxes (as measured by %GDP) with the current rate structure.

I’ve shown this to you before. Why do you ignore it?

Do you want higher collections, or do you get off on punitive rates for some reason that you’d rather have higher rates and lower collections?

We need to use that money to pay down the debt... especially since a 1/3 of the debt is directly due to those

What does that assume? That Russia wants a war with NATO. I think that’s the last thing they want.

Besides, considering the EU has more population and a bigger economy than the U.S., and thereby multiples of Russia’s, why is this up to us anyway?

Then let’s make it just you (and the like minded).
I think you should be free to send Ukraine whatever aid you’d like, from your own pocket.
I don’t think you should be able to put federal debt, and thereby it’s carrying cost into perpetuity, on the American public to fund a foreign war.
Try running up your credit card, then bring the receipts for what it costs you here for a deserved atta boy from the people that admire that sorta thing.

Russia invaded Ukraine and had to know that it might start a war with greater Europe.

Did you object to Afghanistan? To Iraq? To Kuwait?

because the gop said they would only vote for a ukraine bill if it also included border security

democrats created the issue...by thinking it was possible to work with the current gop. i guess they should have just went right to the ultimate authority for everything and asked trump

We need to use that money to pay down the debt... especially since a 1/3 of the debt is directly due to those
Tax collections increased after the Trump tax rate changes.
Yet you pine for the previous rates that collected less money.
Why?

Does Chis get a kickback from the Ukraine money laundering? At this point, I think the odds are good that he does.
I've seen you reference money laundering multiple times in regards to Ukraine aid. Can you explain what you mean? Who is laundering the money and to what end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT