ADVERTISEMENT

The GOP is about to betray Ukraine and embolden Putin, their boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russia invaded Ukraine and had to know that it might start a war with greater Europe.
Neocons had to know inviting Ukraine to NATO might start a war. We know because we can see the (then) secret diplomatic cables relaying that message from our ambassador in Russia (and now coincidentally CIA director). We also know because the French and Germans explicitly disagreed for that very reason.
But the neocons pushed ahead anyway - what’s that tell you about what they want?

Did you object to Afghanistan? To Iraq? To Kuwait?
Yes. Yes. And yes.

I turned against the American political class’ concept of American Empire in 1993. The Clinton effort at nation building was enough for me to reject the premise henceforth.

We’re still dropping bombs on Somalia. How many more decades of it?
It’s ridiculous.

Neocons had to know inviting Ukraine to NATO might start a war. We know because we can see the (then) secret diplomatic cables relaying that message from our ambassador in Russia (and now coincidentally CIA director). We also know because the French and Germans explicitly disagreed for that very reason.
But the neocons pushed ahead anyway - what’s that tell you about what they want?
So it’s your belief that Ukraine does not have the right to join NATO without Russian approval?

F Russia and Putin. They don’t get to tell other countries what to do.

And if you can’t understand that Ukraine possibly joining NATO was nothing but a pretext for Putin, I can’t help you.

He wants to reunite as much of USSR as possible and he knows he controls Trump and thus the GOP, and can get them to stop funding the war.

Putin is laughing about how much the USSR paid to fight the cold war and lose, only to later realize that a few billion sprinkled on the GOP got him everything he wanted.

Odds are good the Rs are getting a kickback from Russia. There is no logical reason for them to oppose aid otherwise. Supporting Ukraine is an absolute bargain for us. Nearly 400,000 Russian troops are dead, their tank forces have been decimated, and Putin looks weak. And we don't have to lift a finger. All we have to do is bankroll Ukraine to do the hard part.

Yet, Rs want this bargain gone. GOP has got to be working for Russia.
A bargain to spend money on something we didn't need? I guess we have differing views on the realities of Russia/Ukraine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT