ADVERTISEMENT

The House Ways and Means Committee votes to release Donald Trump's tax returns

If he committed tax fraud, that's a matter for the IRS, Tax Court, and/or Federal Court. If he's charged, that's public record. If he's convicted, that's public record.

Do I think Trump committed tax fraud? I have no way to know that at this point. Do I think he's capable of it? Of course. He's about as filthy as they come. We still have that pesky notion of a rule of law, and to ignore it makes us just as bad as Trump.
We don't know if he committed tax fraud because the Trump-appointed-and-paid-for IRS Commissioner refuses to audit him per standard practice.

Never said it was. Only that after seeing how Trump has manipulated areas for his own gain that we never thought a President would, there are things we need to codify into law for both future Republican or Democratic Presidents.

And none of those actions would require a public release of his tax filings...

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
It is but Dems don’t care. They loathe Trump and soon DeSantis will replace him as their target.
Seems par for the course for modern politics. Whoever the leader of the other side is is obviously satan and must be destroyed (See the right's obsession with Hunter Bidens laptop or Hillary's Emails) which all did pale in comparison to the things Trump and his family did. But yes, Democrats just want to destroy Trump as an object lesson for future Trump's. And yes, DeSantis will become the likely next face. As Republicans continue to nominate the most extreme versions of their base for major roles it's going to stay extreme. Biden has been fairly milquetoast so the worst they've been able to get is inflation and this laptop story that isn't doing anything. But if Democrats go for more extreme candidates in the future, the right's anger is going to explode like crazy. Obama was fairly moderate. Can you imagine an Obama who was actually really leftwing? The right probably would try to cause an actual war over that.

Seems par for the course for modern politics. Whoever the leader of the other side is is obviously satan and must be destroyed (See the right's obsession with Hunter Bidens laptop or Hillary's Emails) which all did pale in comparison to the things Trump and his family did. But yes, Democrats just want to destroy Trump as an object lesson for future Trump's. And yes, DeSantis will become the likely next face. As Republicans continue to nominate the most extreme versions of their base for major roles it's going to stay extreme. Biden has been fairly milquetoast so the worst they've been able to get is inflation and this laptop story that isn't doing anything. But if Democrats go for more extreme candidates in the future, the right's anger is going to explode like crazy. Obama was fairly moderate. Can you imagine an Obama who was actually really leftwing? The right probably would try to cause an actual war over that.
LOL at most of this garbage.

What in the hell is all this fuss about? trump said he would release his returns when the audit was over, and the audit is over, so the House is taking care of it for him. As far as trump committing fraud, of course he has and is doing it right this minute. The right wingers all know it too, regardless of what they say.

Returns are being released without Trump's consent,... that's the fuss.

I agree with you on it being political for release outside of Congress, DOJ, IRS, the rest is to embarrass him.
I disagree with you on it being "just a procedure". It seems that it is required for the exact reasons above, someone needs to evaluate if there is any conflict of interest. "Mandatory Audits" aren't just a procedure.
It’s a procedure/policy included in the IRS Manual, but it’s not a statutory requirement. This was the House’s recommendation to Congress - put the audit requirement into law so it’s actually mandatory.

Reactions: Rifler
No fuss, the House Ways and Means committee has the authority to release them and the trump Supreme Court approved it. Yea!
Pretty sure the Supreme Court just refused to block the disclosure of the returns from the IRS to the House committee. They did not approve the release of the returns to the general public. I don’t think they ever weighed in on that.

Pretty sure the Supreme Court just refused to block the disclosure of the returns from the IRS to the House committee. They did not approve the release of the returns to the general public. I don’t think they ever weighed in on that.

Right, only on the returns to the house.

Reactions: Finance85
yep, pretty certain if it was a Dem house releasing Hunter's tax returns they'd be applauding it, and of course Dems would be attacking it.

You may mean if the republicans released Hunter's returns.

It’s a procedure/policy included in the IRS Manual, but it’s not a statutory requirement. This was the House’s recommendation to Congress - put the audit requirement into law so it’s actually mandatory.

This feels like is a bunch of word games. Within the walls of the IRS, the audit is mandatory. While it isn't codified as a statute, which is likely why Trump's IRS appointment likely didn't conduct, it already is mandatory (mandatory = required by law or rules; compulsory). If making something a statute to the IRS because "mandatory procedure" isn't strong enough, we have more issues than we thought. Allows the stupid to play games. "I didn't do it because while you told me to, you didn't say there'd be a penalty if I didn't..."

bcf23117-3ad1-43d0-804f-ce89d491cd3d_text.gif

Now Im glad they released even if they aren't supposed to just because. eff him.

This feels like is a bunch of word games. Within the walls of the IRS, the audit is mandatory. While it isn't codified as a statute, which is likely why Trump's IRS appointment likely didn't conduct, it already is mandatory (mandatory = required by law or rules; compulsory). If making something a statute to the IRS because "mandatory procedure" isn't strong enough, we have more issues than we thought. Allows the stupid to play games. "I didn't do it because while you told me to, you didn't say there'd be a penalty if I didn't..."

bcf23117-3ad1-43d0-804f-ce89d491cd3d_text.gif

Now Im glad they released even if they aren't supposed to just because. eff him.
It is what it is. I assume that’s why the House recommended as they did.

Hey bud, you do realize that you can legally take losses to reduce your income from the business?
You do realize you need supporting documentation for deductions, right? You do realize you need to honestly account for losses, right?
HuNtER’s LApTOp!!

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Nobody gives a shit about Hunter Biden. Maybe Rudy can find his taxes laying around somewhere.

My brother lives in Orlando and is a big fan. He has had season tickets since they started.

A sitting President committed tax fraud. Damn right he should be publicly embarrassed, humiliated and then thrown in prison.
I was with you right up until the prison part. We have to tread very, very carefully with any imprisonment of people in the political arena. I’m down with a whole host of other punishments, which is why…
No reason at all to release these tax returns to the public,.. this shit is entirely political.
I don’t give a f*** about this whiny shit from Republicans. The party of the terminal victimhood complex.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
If he committed tax fraud, that's a matter for the IRS, Tax Court, and/or Federal Court. If he's charged, that's public record. If he's convicted, that's public record.

Do I think Trump committed tax fraud? I have no way to know that at this point. Do I think he's capable of it? Of course. He's about as filthy as they come. We still have that pesky notion of a rule of law, and to ignore it makes us just as bad as Trump.

Let's just ignore the New York conviction shall we. JFC.

I cannot believe that they can do this.

What the F is the purpose? The man is out of office and appears to want to keep them private. We have a pretty good idea of what is in there, so this effort appears to be financial/poitical voyeurism.

No one is suggesting that he owes back taxes, let's move on.

If he committed crimes, he is a criminal. If a congressman, businessman or citizen did the same, what would your position be?

The President's taxes are required to be made public. This applies to all Presidents since 1977. Even orange clowns. There is a definite purpose; to vet finances to predetermine problems or improprieties that may compromise a candidate's actions or perfomance of duties should that candidate become elected, and continuance in office.

Wise requirement considering this dipshit's record.

Last edited:

Whether it is right or wrong it's almost justice for the Orange Turd lied.

He said he couldn't turn over his taxes b/c his of audits.
They were not being audited. Lie.
You can provided them. Lie.

His dishonesty and egregious behavior, including tax fraud for which his "company" has already been convicted, and he and his family had been previously banned from operating non-profit organizations in New York are testimony of his poor character. He currently is the subject of 3 Grand Jury investigations, likely to become four. He has settled several civil fraud lawsuits totaling tens of millions of dollars.

Consider a person like this was less than 3 years removed from the office of the President of The United States.

The fun has begun. Lots of sketchy stuff. The IRS did start audits on 2019 and 2020 returns, so the sketchy stuff for those years is already under scrutiny. Whether or not anything criminal is found, Trump is getting plenty of ridicule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT