ADVERTISEMENT

The HWC is amazing

rcamp67

HR MVP
Jan 26, 2014
I just wanted to let everyone know what an amazing experience I had with the HWC and Thomas Gilman.

I took my son to the World Cup at carver and he was so close to getting his idols autograph, but a UWW rep ushered off TG even though he was trying to give my son an autograph.

I sent and email to Moriah Stickley with the HWC and explained what had just happened and asked if I could purchase a T-shirt and pay an extra fee to have TG sign it for my sons birthday. Both Moriah and TG insisted on sending it to him for free.

That T-shirt was absolutely the highlight of my sons birthday! It made a huge impact on his young wrestling life and we will both be at final X rooting as hard as we can for Mr. Gilman. What a class act! I can’t thank them enough!

How could robots be so generous.....:rolleyes:
Great story! Thanks for sharing!
giphy.gif

Met Thomas a couple times and actually like his honesty, intensity,passion for the sport. Unfortunately he tends to rub some the wrong way.

Met Thomas a couple times and actually like his honesty, intensity,passion for the sport. Unfortunately he tends to rub some the wrong way.
I did not say being a hot head is a bad thing. Sometimes when you are openly honest, you are a bit upset or hot headed and it shows. His honesty and lack of apolageticness (if that is even a word) are what make him so tough and also good for the sport. Every sport needs someone to tell it like it is.

I did not say being a hot head is a bad thing. Sometimes when you are openly honest, you are a bit upset or hot headed and it shows. His honesty and lack of apolageticness (if that is even a word) are what make him so tough and also good for the sport. Every sport needs someone to tell it like it is.
Some people like things sugar coated. TG will rub most of them the wrong way. Personally, I like that in a person. I hate trying to figure out what a person is thinking. No one had that problem with TG. What he is thinking is what he just said.

Some people like things sugar coated. TG will rub most of them the wrong way. Personally, I like that in a person. I hate trying to figure out what a person is thinking. No one had that problem with TG. What he is thinking is what he just said.

I like TG being TG. He plays a mental game like Ramos did. If they were wearing different colors it would probably be different. Iowa crazy, it’s good stuff. Winning is the only thing, but they’re having f*** with everyone.

We'd all do well not to pass judgment on athletes' character without knowing them beyond what we see in competition and interviews. Once we actually got to know them, we'd probably grow to like and even admire them in the vast majority of cases.

Last edited:
Reactions: rossel 33
I don't think I'm a hot-head, but when I speak of things that I'm passionate about, my voice tends to rise the longer it goes, and I rarely sugar coat anything for anybody. Not wired that way.

So yeah, I agree with you.;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT