ADVERTISEMENT

The ICC issues areest warrant for Netanyahu and Hamas leaders

6wudel10c7tb1.jpg

FDR a war criminal in your view?
Didn't he authorize rounding up Japanese immigrants and Japanese-American citizens and putting them in internment camps after Pearl Harbor? Many of them lost all of their belongings and wealth, and had their homes seized and sold.

If not a war crime, definitely a violation of civil rights.

Last edited:
Didn't he authorize rounding up Japanese immigrants and Japanese-American citizens and putting them in internment camps after Pearl Harbor? Many of them lost all of their belongings and wealth, and had their homes seized and sold.

If not a war crime, definitely a violation of civil rights.
I don’t think mistreating your own citizens gets war crimes status.

These are the charges for Netanyahu, FDR certainly ordered the same things:

• Starvation of civilians as a method of warfare as a war crime contrary to article 8(2)(b)(xxv) of the Statute;
  • Wilfully causing great suffering, or serious injury to body or health contrary to article 8(2)(a)(iii), or cruel treatment as a war crime contrary to article 8(2)(c)(i);
  • Wilful killing contrary to article 8(2)(a)(i), or Murder as a war crime contrary to article 8(2)(c)(i);
  • Intentionally directing attacks against a civilian population as a war crime contrary to articles 8(2)(b)(i), or 8(2)(e)(i);
  • Extermination and/or murder contrary to articles 7(1)(b) and 7(1)(a), including in the context of deaths caused by starvation, as a crime against humanity;
  • Persecution as a crime against humanity contrary to article 7(1)(h);
  • Other inhumane acts as crimes against humanity contrary to article 7(1)(k).

Reactions: millah_22
‘Terrible idea’: Bernie Sanders on Netanyahu addressing Congress as ICC seeks his arrest

Reactions: Ree4
I assumed most reasonable people would want war criminals held accountable.
ok, so here is what happened: a bunch of terrorists and goons attacked israel. israel is the good guys. terrorists are bad. then israel retaliated, which they should have. not criminal. israel is not the criminal here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT