ADVERTISEMENT

The Iowa defense was stout! Only 9 points can be attributed to them.

Proud of the Defense, they took away Michigans run game and no big plays in the passing game either.

Unfortunately, special teams gave up a big play and Hill fumbled twice. Or at least the refs said he fumbled twice.

We need an Offense. Can’t beat good teams playing well on Defense and Special Teams only. Offense hasn’t been very Complementary against good Defenses.

Kirk spits in the face of the defense when he refuses the change offensive philosophy.

It's difficult to be critical of this defense, but we really needed them to create turnovers and score points to have a chance. Nick Jackson had to catch that interception. However, he and the rest of the defense played well enough to give 75% of the P5 offenses a chance to win.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Just overjoyed that we only have one more game of Brian calling the offense. Next step, getting Kirk to follow suit and hang em up so we can move the Iowa program ahead.

Just overjoyed that we only have one more game of Brian calling the offense. Next step, getting Kirk to follow suit and hang em up so we can move the Iowa program ahead.
In a perfect world, Kirk and Phil stick around and he's somehow able to swallow some pride and bring in a capable OC and give him the lattitude to make the necessary changes to revive the offense. That's really what I'm hoping for.

I just pray the new OC pushes hard for a mobile QB situation. If you are going to have an inaccurate QB, he might as well be mobile.

• Love
Reactions: LukaDuka
Proud of the Defense, they took away Michigans run game and no big plays in the passing game either.

Unfortunately, special teams gave up a big play and Hill fumbled twice. Or at least the refs said he fumbled twice.

We need an Offense. Can’t beat good teams playing well on Defense and Special Teams only. Offense hasn’t been very Complementary against good Defenses.
The refs had their marching orders on the fumbles, I'm sure. Iowa wasn't going to win this game anyway, but they had to make sure Michigan got some short fields to make the score look more dominant. I do not think Michigan will get that help in the CFP and they are going to lose yet again. They probably don't even make the final.

This was a Top 10-15 or so Iowa team if the offense was just average to a little above average. Way too little margin for error was put on the defense and special teams with the offense not pulling its weight. I hope that KF and Phil Parker stick around and a new hire can get the offense going.

• Love
Reactions: LukaDuka
You’re missing one part-.. Michigan knew they didn’t have to do anything on offense after they were up 10-0. All they had to do was not turn it over.
They KFed KF ... holy hell Hawks safteys were 30 yds off LOS. Understand they were afraid of getting torched deep but that was hilarious. It worked though, only lost by 26, not 40 this time.

They KFed KF ... holy hell Hawks safteys were 30 yds off LOS. Understand they were afraid of getting torched deep but that was hilarious. It worked though, only lost by 26, not 40 this time.
You’re an idiot. Way Iowa played D worked perfectly and fewest yards in Harbaugh era at Michigan with 213. Even with 2 safeties back, but this is just one of a hundred examples showing how little you know about football. ST and offensive miscues like turnovers were why Iowa lost by 26. Only 1 scoring drive was over 30 yards.

BTW how did your vaunted blackskirts do against the Michigan offense? Oh that’s right 45 pts and 436 yards.

Reactions: BGHAWK and Chuck C
You’re missing one part-.. Michigan knew they didn’t have to do anything on offense after they were up 10-0. All they had to do was not turn it over.
Yeah, cause they’re play calling proved that right, jfc did u even watch the game? The ignorance on here is amazing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT