ADVERTISEMENT

the proctors must be so proud.

If this was truly a major factor in why Proctor decided to go back to Alabama, then I think him leaving is a good thing for everyone involved. Iowa needs all the help they can get on the OL, but if someone is that lazy and entitled then good bye and good riddance. It’s not like Proctor was going to completely turn around Iowa’s misfortunes on offense, anyway.

I don’t want to bash a teenager, but I am tired of kids like Proctor who are so entitled and think the world should conform to him. It’s a serious epidemic in society and it’s just going to get worse. I can’t imagine Kirk is going to want to coach much longer with all this bullshit going on in college football. I’ll wish the Hawkeye program well, but I’m losing interest in college sports fast. I’ve barely watched one half of an NCAA tournament game this March, and I can barely remember who was playing. Oh, Dayton and Arizona.

Anyway, the NCAA is a joke. Between their inability to find and train more competent officials, the treatment Noah Shannon got, and the complete lack of control with NIL and the transfer portal, I’m pretty much sick of it all.
Maybe you are like me and love/loved college sports above all. I honestly think 3 things can bring a lot of folks back but not sure how they'll do it.

This is going to sound like awful awful advice but getting into sports gambling has sucked me back in a little bit. Besides Iowa I just look at sports as a supplement for my bottom line anymore

Trent Condon on KXNO just said Iowa State was indeed the first team Proctor reached out to after the regular season ended. They probably don't have the funds to pull it off but there was communication.

No, he went back on his word ON SIGNING DAY then stabbed iowa in the back again. He's a bad person with no morals and that comes from lousy parenting.

I doubt if anyone in the Proctor clan gives a flying f*** about anything other than money.
He still would've gotten his money. Too lazy to post but look up Wirfs money. I know. He's no Wirfs, and he should ask for his # back.

At this point I hope this saga gets used as ammunition regarding whatever system ultimately gets set up for college athletes.

Nothing he did was wrong…because there are no rules. Just offends a lot of people because of how it went down.

I get the initial flip during recruiting process. Most schools vs bama for a recruit is going to lose that battle, fine. But then to transfer here, say all the right things, accept NIL money via a couple sponsorships and then decide to transfer back to the school you just left…that’s crappy and speaks poorly of the guy personally.

Yes, they will. Character and integrity- not to mention work ethic - are HUGE considerations for any NFL GM. Just as important as the game film.
No they won't.

1) The NFL is loaded with guys with far more serious character flaws than a 20 year old with commitment issues.

2) With respect to football and how he acts as a teammate, Kirk doesn't know anything about Proctor. Those questions would be asked of the people who he actually played with and for.

This discussion is ridiculous.

No they won't.

1) The NFL is loaded with guys with far more serious character flaws than a 20 year old with commitment issues.

2) With respect to football and how he acts as a teammate, Kirk doesn't know anything about Proctor. Those questions would be asked of the people who he actually played with and for.

This discussion is ridiculous.
They’ll still be drafted, but it would potentially impact when he gets drafted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT