ADVERTISEMENT

The Real Woods transfer

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. I'm not condoning testing the depths of the cesspool kind of comments I see on this thread but what did you expect the reaction to be?

I am just curious, that’s all. It helps to assess what level of reasoning some posters are working with.

Not a stupid game at all.

Well, the author was working within the contraints of an existing plot, structure, and cadence. He did very well, IMO, to adapt the story to make a creative analogy suggestive of the shenanigans of a particular HR poster I assumed was the subject of this piece.

Most folks here would be rolling if the tables were turned and this was written as a pro-Iowa piece and a dig at a ridiculous PSU message board poster. Or an ISU poster. Or a Minnie poster. Or a Mizzou poster.

Say, you guys kinda hate a lot of folks. 😉

I’m convinced, however, that Gobbles would give this a thumbs-up if he saw it the way I did.

Didn’t hate it or get caught up in my feels…just was kinda meh. But here is a gold star ⭐️ to take back to BWI I guess.

Didn’t hate it or get caught up in my feels…just was kinda meh. But here is a gold star ⭐️ to take back to BWI I guess.
I got that it wasn’t really your style . . . but also remember you used to delve into creative entertainment yourself. So I figured you’d at least give it a little more credit. . . unless you felt compelled to say nothing, which would have been fine and understandable.

We’re now Nittany Nation, by the way.
😾🇺🇸

Last edited:
Well, the author was working within the contraints of an existing plot, structure, and cadence. He did very well, IMO, to adapt the story to make a creative analogy suggestive of the shenanigans of a particular HR poster I assumed was the subject of this piece.

Most folks here would be rolling if the tables were turned and this was written as a pro-Iowa piece and a dig at a ridiculous PSU message board poster. Or an ISU poster. Or a Minnie poster. Or a Mizzou poster.

Say, you guys kinda hate a lot of folks. 😉

I’m convinced, however, that Gobbles would give this a thumbs-up if he saw it the way I did.
Are you really that stupid??

I got that it wasn’t really your style . . . but also remember you used to delve into creative entertainment yourself. So I figured you’d at least give it a little more credit. . . unless you felt compelled to say nothing, which would have been fine and understandable.

😾🇺🇸
It really wasn't that creative overall. Certainly not (Post of the F'N year) worthy. It was just meh like Chief said.

Reactions: el dub and T8KUDWN
How The Turd Stole Real

By Dr. Carl

Every Nit down in Nitville liked Transfers a lot.

But the Turd who lived North of Iowa City did not! The Turd hated Transfers!

The whole Transfer season! Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason.

It could be, perhaps, that his jock was too tight.

It could be his head wasn't screwed on just right.

But I think that the most likely reason of all may have been that his brain was two sizes too small.

Staring down from his cave with a sour, Turdy frown at the warm lighted windows below in their town, For he knew every Nit down in Nitville beneath was busy now hanging a Championship wreath. "And they're hanging their banners," he snarled with a sneer. "Tomorrow is Transfer Day! It's practically here!" Then he growled, with his Turd fingers nervously drumming, "I must find some way to keep Real from coming! For, tomorrow, I know all the Nit girls and boys Will wake bright and early. They'll rush for their dodgeballs and toys! And then! Oh, the cheers! Oh, the cheers! Cheers! Cheers! There's one thing I hate! All the WE ARE! PENN STATE! WE ARE! PENN STATE!

They'll stand close together, with white shirts gleaming. They'll stand hand-in-hand, and those Nits will be beaming.

And the more the Turd thought of Real transferring , The more the Turd thought, "I must stop this whole thing! Why for twelve long years I've put up with it now! I must stop Real from coming! But how?" Then he got an idea! An awful idea! The Turd got a wonderful, awful idea! "I know just what to do!" The Turd laughed in his throat. "I'll make a quick businessman hat and a coat." As he climbed to the roof, money bags in his fist. Then he slid down the NIL hole of which he hissed. If Cael could do it, then so could the Turd. Then he slithered and slunk, with his eye on Real, he spent every dollar until he had a deal!

All the Nits still a-bed, All the Nits still a-slumber, when he packed up his satchel, packed it up with their transfer. Ten thousand feet down, down into his sewer, He rode with his transfer ready to Tweet it! "Pooh-pooh to the Nits!" he was turdily humming. "They're finding out now that no Transfer is coming! They're just waking up! I know just what they'll do! Their mouths will hang open a minute or two Then the Nits down in Nitville will all cry boo-hoo!

"That's a noise," grinned the Turd, "that I simply must hear!" He paused, and the Turd put a hand to his ear. And he did hear a sound rising over the snow. It started in low, then it started to grow. But this sound wasn't sad! Why, this sound sounded glad! Every Nit down in Nitville, the tall and the small, Was singing without any transfer at all! He hadn't stopped Championships from coming! They came! Somehow or other, they came just the same! And the Turd, with his turd feet ice-cold in the snow, Stood puzzling and puzzling. "How could it be so? It came without banners! It came without stalls! It came without transfers, dodges, or balls!" He puzzled and puzzled till his puzzler was sore. Then the Turd thought of something he hadn't before. Maybe Championships, he thought, don't come from a store. Championships, perhaps, mean a little bit more! And what happened then? Well, in Nitville they say That the Turd's small brain grew three sizes that day! And then the true meaning of Championships came through. It’s not hand fighting, and pushing out how championships are won. It’s feeling grateful for what you have, and most of all…HAVING FUN!

Merry Christmas to all you Turds, from your big brothers over at Nittany Nation! The above was posted to NN back in April after Real announced his decision, and the post ended up as our most popular of the year. Unless you're a total Grinch, you gotta appreciate the writer’s creativity. Anyway, thought some of you would get a kick out of it, and besides, 'tis the season for sharing and caring. Happiest of holidays to all of you hawkeye turds 🙂 (yes, even to the stingy old scrooge slumlord).
200w.gif

I could only make it about two sentences.

Merry Christmas a day early!

joaquin-phoenix-oh.gif

You’re right. The humor of that was about at a second grade level.

😾🇺🇸

Contemplated caring, chose not to

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT