ADVERTISEMENT

The Republican Plan to Steal the 2024 Presidential Election

How likely do you think this is? (Assume Biden would win without this trickery.)

• Total voters
OP aka Chicken Little has to be an MSNBC fan.

Yeah, I mean no reason to think that just because Trump tried to overturn the election results last time, and some election officials tried to not certify results, and fake electors were sent to DC, and hundreds of people tried to storm the Capital, anything like that might happen again.

And even though this was all relatively spontaneous last time, no reason to think given four years of preparation it might be worse this time around. Especially with three new justices joining Thomas, whose wife was part of the attempts to overturn the results of a free and fair election last time.

Nah.

You are changing the argument. What party has already tried to utilize fake electors? You are just trying to argue to argue. I get it.
No you are. The op proposed a very specific scenario. I have explained it’s improbability. Now who’s the state official that makes the op’s scenario, specifically step one, work. I’ll wait.

No you are. The op proposed a very specific scenario. I have explained it’s improbability. Now who’s the state official that makes the op’s scenario, specifically step one, work. I’ll wait.
No. You are under the assumption that all players will act lawfully. Please.

No. You are under the assumption that all players will act lawfully. Please.
Still waiting. And I am under no such assumption. I’ll even assume a refusal to certify is illegal. Not my hypo (or yours) but it’s predicated on a local official not certifying a result in a state that matters to Biden. Who is that person? This is not that complicated. Just name or describe their title.

It’s fine if you want to have a general bitch session about election denial or resistance but that’s not the poll.

Still waiting for a non sequitur response showing who the state official is in 2024/25 who’s going to refuse to certify as described in post number one. If you’re suggesting it’ll be Wisconsin Secretary of State Sarah godlewsli, well, that would indeed be something to behold.
Haha. Again. You actually think this is going to follow normal election rules. You think that the fake electors will be publically voicing this beforehand. You have stated you don't know state election laws. You will argue in circles.

Haha. Again. You actually think this is going to follow normal election rules. You think that the fake electors will be publically voicing this beforehand. You have stated you don't know state election laws. You will argue in circles.
Not my hypo. See number one. Who’s refusing to certify. It’s a very simple question, to which “nuh-uh” isn’t much of a response

Did the Republicans win Wisconsin in 2020?
No, they didn’t. And the democratic state officials certified such. Now, on to 2024. Which d official is not going to certify a Biden victory within their state to allow trump to win, per the hypo.

No, they didn’t. And the democratic state officials certified such. Now, on to 2024. Which d official is not going to certify a Biden victory within their state to allow trump to win, per the hypo.
Haha. You are just going with the hypo to a T. Nothing to do with the actual fake elector attempt. JFC.

Haha. You are just going with the hypo to a T. Nothing to do with the actual fake elector attempt. JFC.
Well, in polls, like elections, one generally votes for the question on the ballot, rather than questions not asked.

What’s “haha” is that you don’t seem to understand that. Pro tip - in November, read all the words.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: globalhawk
Well, in polls, like elections, one generally voted for the question on the ballot, rather than questions not asked.

What’s “haha” is that you don’t seem to understand that. Pro tip - in November, read all the words.
Haha. Thanks. I prefer to live in reality and what has already taken place. You keep doing hypos.

Link to anyone being convicted on an insurrection??
Not charging insurrection because of the sentencing guideline. Instead most are getting charged up to seditious conspiracy which doubles time to be served

Haha. Thanks. I prefer to live in reality and what has already taken place. You keep doing hypos.
Another pro tip. Recency bias can be a very dangerous thing, particularly when viewed through a one way mirror.

As I’ve said elsewhere in this thread, I think both sides will resist whatever happens in 2024 in some form. But not with the proposed harebrained scheme.

Not charging insurrection because of the sentencing guideline. Instead most are getting charged up to seditious conspiracy which doubles time to be served

Unless I am missing something, insurrection has a maximum of 10 years in federal prison.

I'm bad at math, but none of those people got anywhere close to that.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Still waiting for a non sequitur response showing who the state official is in 2024/25 who’s going to refuse to certify as described in post number one. If you’re suggesting it’ll be Wisconsin Secretary of State Sarah godlewsli, well, that would indeed be something to behold.

I know in Georgia the state legislature gave itself the power to intervene in county elections. So it would not be the governor nor the Secretary of State, but the GOP controlled election board that could step in. It doesn't have to be an individual - it can be the state legislature invoking "Independent State Legislature" to overturn election results.

I'm not well-versed in every Republican state's laws, but you can't seriously think there won't be 10x as many issues this time around as last time. This isn't about whether or not it succeeds. It's about how hard it is fought, and whether or not we will face a constitutional crisis.

Last edited:
As I’ve said elsewhere in this thread, I think both sides will resist whatever happens in 2024 in some form. But not with the proposed harebrained scheme.

That is absurd “both sideisms.” The difference is like throwing a bullet versus shooting one.

The pink capped gals protesting Trump’s inauguration are not the same as the ones who stormed the Capitol.

Facts are stubborn things? Here’s a fact:
The entire premise of this thread is crazy.
At the rate the House is going and behaving the R’s are going to eff up their own campaign and no amount of chicanery is going to help.
Lol sorry that is not actually a fact. That is your (incorrect) opinion.

It is not at all crazy. What is crazy is burying your head in the sand and thinking trump won't try to steal it again when he so far has faced no consequences for trying to do it the first time. And this time he has had more time to learn from the failures last time. You honestly think it's crazy to question if Biden wins that trump is just going to step to the side and accept it? What in his previous actions gives you this opinion? And what actions of the republican party have shown you the are going to do anything at all to stand up to him and stop him?

Lol sorry that is not actually a fact. That is your (incorrect) opinion.

It is not at all crazy. What is crazy is burying your head in the sand and thinking trump won't try to steal it again when he so far has faced no consequences for trying to do it the first time. And this time he has had more time to learn from the failures last time. You honestly think it's crazy to question if Biden wins that trump is just going to step to the side and accept it? What in his previous actions gives you this opinion? And what actions of the republican party have shown you the are going to do anything at all to stand up to him and stop him?
Reminds me of a line from Baseketball movie- ‘if you guys do this 15 or 16 more times I’m really gonna be pissed!’

Reality based people know there’s nothing trump wouldn’t try to be president. That’s the track record.

still anxious to hear which D officials in battleground states are going to make the OP's theory happen...
Ok great it may not happen this time. But these people aren't going to go away. They are going to keep trying. And if people just keep poo pooing these discussions and burying their head in the sand and think it can't happen it will happen eventually. We can't just say well there is dems in the key spots it will be fine. Next time there may not be. What then? And I think OP was just laying out one plausible possibility for this to happen... who's to say these ****ers won't figure out a different strategy where the system is vulnerable? We need to at the very least be trying to put in stops to make doing these types of things more difficult and the goal should be to make them impossible.

Reactions: NewVicHawkeye
Yeah, I mean no reason to think that just because Trump tried to overturn the election results last time, and some election officials tried to not certify results, and fake electors were sent to DC, and hundreds of people tried to storm the Capital, anything like that might happen again.

And even though this was all relatively spontaneous last time, no reason to think given four years of preparation it might be worse this time around. Especially with three new justices joining Thomas, whose wife was part of the attempts to overturn the results of a free and fair election last time.

Nah.
He refuses to see this. Absolutely refuses to acknowledge that it’s at least a possibility and people need to be prepared for it in the DNC.

I think Jeffrey Pelt summed it up correctly;

Ambassador, you have nearly a hundred naval vessels operating in the North Atlantic right now. Your aircraft has dropped enough sonar buoys so that a man could walk from Greenland to Iceland to Scotland without getting his feet wet. Now, shall we dispense with the bull?

Reactions: globalhawk
Ok great it may not happen this time. But these people aren't going to go away. They are going to keep trying. And if people just keep poo pooing these discussions and burying their head in the sand and think it can't happen it will happen eventually. We can't just say well there is dems in the key spots it will be fine. Next time there may not be. What then? And I think OP was just laying out one plausible possibility for this to happen... who's to say these ****ers won't figure out a different strategy where the system is vulnerable? We need to at the very least be trying to put in stops to make doing these types of things more difficult and the goal should be to make them impossible.
Let’s get through fighting about 2024 before we get just ass over teakettle speculative about 2028. I mean hell, trump may be dead by then.

Btw I’m not Pooh poohing anything. Fall winter 24/25 is going to be a mess.

Let’s get through fighting about 2024 before we get just ass over teakettle speculative about 2028. I mean hell, trump may be dead by then.

Btw I’m not Pooh poohing anything. Fall winter 24/25 is going to be a mess.
Ok so then everyone's excuse for not doing anything next time will be that it wasn't successful last time. And while trump is a huge huge part of this awful movement he isn't the only one. It won't necessarily just die with him. We need to have these discussions so we can prevent these things from happening. Burying our head in the sand and pretending it will just go away on its own is not the way to handle this.

Ok so then everyone's excuse for not doing anything next time will be that it wasn't successful last time. And while trump is a huge huge part of this awful movement he isn't the only one. It won't necessarily just die with him. We need to have these discussions so we can prevent these things from happening. Burying our head in the sand and pretending it will just go away on its own is not the way to handle this.
Actually, I think it will largely die with him, if not before.

As to the currently absurd poll hypo, sure, it’s possible that state officers, and voter preferences, may change in a way that makes it less absurd in the future. But there’s not much that can be done about that now.

Strange how folks seem to want to talk about four years ago and four years from now, rather than now.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Tom Paris
The US is a failed state.
“Textualization of the Constitution” has enabled the US to go down this road of failure…..”textualization works……it just leaves no body very happy with the results. Textualization does not allow for current events and current circumstances to come into play in any decision…we live “in the current” we do not live in the past.

Making excuses already? You guys must really be afraid of what is gonna happen in November.
Typical R. Can't use his brain to understand the point of the thread.

Let me help you out here little buddy. The point of the thread is if Biden wins and trump and Republicans try to do what they did last time and steal the election again. Why would democrats need excuses if they won?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT