ADVERTISEMENT

The truth is coming out regarding how the teachers and school district were just as responsible for this shooting in Perry than any gun may have been!

RicoSuave102954

HR All-American
Jul 17, 2023
Montezuma, Iowa
Ahmir Jolliff dashed out of his home in Perry Thursday morning, eager to see his friends on the first day back to school after winter break.

Ahmir was killed Thursday before class even started, when a 17-year-old student at Perry High School opened fire in the cafeteria. The sixth-grader, who attended the middle school that’s connected to the high school, was shot three times, authorities said.

Ahmir Jolliff's mother searched for him at scene following Iowa school shooting​

Ahmir’s mother, Erica Jolliff, said on that morning, her son couldn’t wait to get to school and left minutes ahead of his mom and sister, who is in ninth-grade. Jolliff soon found herself scouring the streets for her children when authorities sped into town and blocked access to the complex after the shooting. She found her daughter unharmed. But she couldn’t find Ahmir.

“I just had a feeling he was still in that building,” she said.

Jolliff said she was horrified to hear that friends of 17-year-old Dylan Butler, who police have identified as the shooter, say he was bullied for years and that teachers and school officials did nothing to protect him.

Two friends and their mother who spoke with the AP said Butler was a quiet person who had been bullied since elementary school. Investigators are still working to get a “good grasp of who Dylan was,” Mortvedt said. The investigation will include Butler’s background along with the “environment of the school,” he said.

Superintendent Clark Wicks wouldn’t discuss whether Butler had been bullied.

Ahmir Jolliff 'loved everyone,' mom says

Jolliff remembered her son as a font of happiness and sociability, who seemingly knew everyone in town and whose ample dimples were constantly lit up by a perpetual grin.

“He was so well-loved and he loved everyone,” she said. “He’s such an outgoing person.”

If he’d been bullied for that long were his parents not aware of it? What were THEY doing to help him in that regard and was there interaction with the school? Other than making access to guns really easy. Makes me so very angry and it’s why I dislike guns.
It’s a small town. Were the parents of the bullies aware their kids were bullying their fellow students but they did nothing? Did they just blow it off?

These are legit questions and my heart is full of such sadness for Ahmir’s family. Such an innocent and happy child.

If he’d been bullied for that long were his parents not aware of it? What were THEY doing to help him in that regard and was there interaction with the school? Other than making access to guns really easy. Makes me so very angry and it’s why I dislike guns.
It’s a small town. Were the parents of the bullies aware their kids were bullying their fellow students but they did nothing? Did they just blow it off?

These are legit questions and my heart is full of such sadness for Ahmir’s family. Such an innocent and happy child.
Per eye witnesses the teachers and the school were aware and did nothing.

I doubt the teachers or the school notified the bullies parents.

I'm pretty sure his parents ensured he wasn't bullied at home.

What proof do you have that his access to guns "was really easy".

The school District and individual teachers need to have deep pockets as they are going to when the lawsuits start coming in.

Rico is just flat making stuff up here mom...he has an agenda here as he does with everything. He is just full of shit and throwing it all up against the wall to see what will stick.

Per eye witnesses the teachers and the school were aware and did nothing.

I doubt the teachers or the school notified the bullies parents.

I'm pretty sure his parents ensured he wasn't bullied at home.

What proof do you have that his access to guns "was really easy".

The school District and individual teachers need to have deep pockets as they are going to when the lawsuits start coming in.
Easy enough that he got the damn guns. And killed a sweet little innocent kid.

I can a slippery slope with no easy answers.

Kid gets picked on, because of potential lawsuits a half dozen kids get thrown out of school immediately.

Kids get picked on all the time at various points. Documentation on a proper procedure won’t be as easy as some think.

Like I said. No easy answers.

We see overreactions all the time with no context because of a lawsuit happy environment. The easy answer will be to just send your kids to private school.

Reactions: goldmom
I can a slippery slope with no easy answers.

Kid gets picked on, because of potential lawsuits a half dozen kids get thrown out of school immediately.

Kids get picked on all the time at various points. Documentation on a proper procedure won’t be as easy as some think.

Like I said. No easy answers.

We see overreactions all the time with no context because of a lawsuit happy environment. The easy answer will be to just send your kids to private school.
You don’t think bullying happens at private schools?

You don’t think bullying happens at private schools?
Sure they do but a private school I think will vet the incidents better than a public school terrified of lawsuits to the point of overreaction.

Try to write an anti bullying law in enough detail to actually become a school policy the school board can vote on and approve. The language would likely be so specific and have had so many lawyered and insurance companies sign off on it that there would be zero wiggle room for nuance or discussion.

“Kid said he was bullied, we can’t afford a $50 million dollar lawsuit so you better expel those 6 accusers or your liability insurance will be voided”.

I just could see an environment where accusations are weaponized.

There was a person who removed a firearm from a place it was not posing a threat, took it to a place, loaded said firearm, pointed said firearm at a human, pulled the trigger repeatedly, thought he killed the person he was aiming at, loaded the firearm again and proceeded to find the next person to point the firearm at and pull the trigger until he thought that person was also dead. That person's name was Dylan Butler and in the process he shot a 12 year old little boy. You can talk about bullying, and trans, and teachers, and parents until you are blue in the face. Dylan Bulter made those decisions. Dylan Butler is who you need to focus on. You are not going to stop bullying amongst juveniles of any species, there is a pecking order to life. You can always play the hindsight game. Dylan Butler made the decision to kill people.

So everyone knew the kid was getting bullied, relentlessly, but did nothing. Now they're all shocked he decided to start shooting? How many times do we have to go thru this same scenario before the "educators" figure out they're at the root of the problem?

So everyone knew the kid was getting bullied, relentlessly, but did nothing. Now they're all shocked he decided to start shooting? How many times do we have to go thru this same scenario before the "educators" figure out they're at the root of the problem?
What evidence do you have that everyone knew he was being bullied? The two hs girls quotes from the article? Is that your only evidence your using to come to the conclusion that everyone knew?

What evidence do you have that everyone knew he was being bullied? The two hs girls quotes from the article? Is that your only evidence your using to come to the conclusion that everyone knew?
There is the slippery slope. Two kids say something and it’s time to sue the school district back to the Stone Age. Couple people cry on the stand and the jury awards millions and millions.

They are the “root” of the problem?
Can we just wait for more details, because there ARE more details.
Small town, parents in jobs where everyone knows them. Likely several teachers know the parents from a church or as neighbors.
Again why are teachers MORE responsible than PARENTS?

Reactions: MitchLL
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT