ADVERTISEMENT

The wheel has turned

8yeien.jpg

Hoosier, what you have to realize is that even though you come from a place of positivity, your views are outdated. Abortion isn't about God, it's about reproductive health. It doesn't apply to your family, but that doesn't mean all families should be placed under that same umbrella. I don't give a F what God or religion says, and neither should you IF it doesn't affect you

But on demand abortion is most often used for post conception birth control.

Agree, although some flies in the ointment still...

I think democrats are fighting an uphill battle on the inflation front. To be more specific, on everyday stuff like groceries. There was an Atlantic piece that basically said as much, it's not so much about overall inflation, the index, but on the items you have to purchase frequently that keep reminding you of higher prices.
I have yet to hear what Trump and the Repubs are going to do to reduce inflation.

Reactions: HawkMD
But on demand abortion is most often used for post conception birth control.
Did you know that the abortion rate in 2020 was lower than it was before Roe v Wade became law? Do you know why? Education on sexual issues and a greater and easier access to various kinds of pre-conception birth control...including the so-called "morning after pill". And the GOP fights THOSE.

And I'm sure you're aware that even when effective contraceptive methods ARE used, there's still a failure rate - women get pregnant who neither planned nor wanted to have children at that time. Should they be forced to have a child they don't want?

Except that she's not an adjudicated rapist and 34-time felon.
Again msnbc has tried this argument for 8 years and it doesn’t work. Neither does the “democracy is dying” hyperbole. Luckily for the left the Harris campaign isn’t listening to folks like you or Joy Reid.

Harris still isn't polling as well as Biden did against Trump in 2020.

Give it another week and she will be. After the convention she will have significant leads in most swing states. Then she needs to maintain the excitement through Election Day.

Trump was fine having one, maybe two events when Biden was the opposition. Biden campaigned even less than Trump. Now, Harris is out in front of voters every day. Trump cannot maintain that pace.

MAGA needs to be destroyed in November.

So? Why is their inflation WORSE?

You want to dodge the question as well.
According to Global Finance, there are currently >67 countries with lower inflation rates than the U.S. (many of them ‘Western’ countries; Spain, Canada , Sweden, France, Germany, Israel, etc.)

But in answer to your ignorant troll of a question, not all central banks operate under identical parameters in every country.

Again: WHY is inflation WORSE in other Western countries, if "Biden's policies" are to blame?

I've asked three times now.
I specifically didn’t blame Biden, troll.

I blame the Fed. And the US congress who have allowed the Fed to steal trillions from the American taxpayer the past 111 years.

According to Global Finance, there are currently >67 countries with lower inflation rates than the U.S. (many of them ‘Western’ countries; Spain, Canada , Sweden, France, Germany, Israel, etc.)

But in answer to your ignorant troll of a question, not all central banks operate under identical parameters in every country.

Per Google

As of June 2024, the United States has a lower inflation rate than Western Europe:
  • United States
    The Personal Consumption Expenditures Price Index (PCE Index), which is the Fed's preferred measure of inflation, was 2.5% as of June 2024, down from 7.1% in June 2022. The US also has the lowest headline and core inflation rates among G7 economies. Core inflation is the preferred measure of central banks and excludes volatile energy and food prices.

Reactions: HawkMD
You have a link for that statement?
Look up reasons given for abortion and usually somewhere around 97% are not medical in nature. I don't care if you are saying you don't want more kids or if the fetus would be disabled or you think you are too poor for kids or concerned that children would upset your career path. All of those reasons are post conception birth control.

Look up reasons given for abortion and usually somewhere around 97% are not medical in nature.

That's from 2004. Apologies, but anything that is 20 years old needs revisited

Look up reasons given for abortion and usually somewhere around 97% are not medical in nature.

This study is biased by abortions provided at specific institutions, not overall.

Do you really think the reasons would have changed that much in 20 years??

Plan B became OTC in 2006. Your study doesn't take that into consideration. You may still consider that an abortion, but your link was before Plan B became available for most.

Between 2000 and 2020, the number of women using modern contraception increased from 663 million to 851 million.

So really a lot when we're talking about ACTUAL abortion being used as contraceptive. Do you have an updated link or going with something 20 years old?

Plan B became OTC in 2006. Your study doesn't take that into consideration. You may still consider that an abortion, but your link was before Plan B became available for most.

Between 2000 and 2020, the number of women using modern contraception increased from 663 million to 851 million.

So really a lot when we're talking about ACTUAL abortion being used as contraceptive. Do you have an updated link or going with something 20 years old?

2013 study. Idk when they made plan B OTC.

It isn't like they do this study every year.

Until a new study shows different I maintain the vast majority of on demand abortions are for post conception birth control.

Not trying to take away from the issues of a woman who legitimately needs an abortion in order to protect her life or save her undue hardship on a fetus that will not survive. But that's never been a majority.

Until a new study shows different I maintain the vast majority of on demand abortions are for post conception birth control.

Not trying to take away from the issues of a woman who legitimately needs an abortion in order to protect her life or save her undue hardship on a fetus that will not survive. But that's never been a majority.

Those statistics seem in line with keeping a "Roe-like" standard in place.
93% of abortions.

From your article:

The term “unintended pregnancy” does not always explain the reasons and personal circumstances behind a person’s decision to have an abortion. Often, people who have had an abortion feel too judged to discuss their reasons or feelings afterward.

Unfortunately, because of folks like yourself who lump them all into the same category of using abortion as birth control.

I understand you prefer it to be black and white, but like a majority of things in this world it all grey

From your article:

The term “unintended pregnancy” does not always explain the reasons and personal circumstances behind a person’s decision to have an abortion. Often, people who have had an abortion feel too judged to discuss their reasons or feelings afterward.

Unfortunately, because of folks like yourself who lump them all into the same category of using abortion as birth control.

I understand you prefer it to be black and white, but like a majority of things in this world it all grey

I feel like you are trying too hard to justify it but ok. There is zero evidence to indicate that more than maybe 10 percent at most abortions in places where it is available on demand is used as anything other than birth control.

But that is what the people appear to want. But I don't change my views to just be in with the winners.

I feel like you are trying too hard to justify it but ok.

I've always been of the opinion that folks like you have never belonged in the conversation. You're to far to the right as some are too far to the left.

I've always been of the opinion that a fetus hasn't survived without it's host less than 22 weeks. Let's start there and see what compromise we can make. Unfortunately, you can't be a part of this conversation

Just asking, but if a guy named Achmed comes to see you as a patient do you turn him away?
No, I’ve treated them, focus on their health history, my exam and treatment. Individual Muslims are not the big problem, it’s when they gain a percentage of the population over 20 percent

Reality calling, a POTUS can't just close the border. This reveals your complete lack of knowledge on the subject and you should quite frankly be humiliated by your utter vacuum of understanding of US immigration laws.

But you just go ahead and keep sucking up the lies and jingoisms Dear Leader keeps shoveling down your craw, it must make you happy in some demented way I guess.
These people consistently show that they are the biggest morons on the planet. They think they know what they are talking about but they tell on themselves all the time. They can't use their brains. How often have we heard "My life was better under trump"? A thinking person analysis the 2 situations and is able to say hey these are 2 entirely different things. Not the trump supporter though. They stop right at the beginning.

Same with the border. Oh there was less people coming in under trump? Stop right there don't even think about comparing and contrasting the entirely different situations. Nope there wasn't a pandemic and global inflation that caused an influx of people to flee for better opportunities nope did not happen.

I used to have respect for conservatives but not anymore. If you are not embarrassed by the republican party and still identify with them you have 2 options. You are either a moron because you can't think beyond a 2nd grade level, or you are an evil hateful mother****er. Those are literally the only 2 options at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT