ADVERTISEMENT

The Wife's Big One

Breastman

All-Conference
Feb 4, 2003
What did you do for your wife's 40th or 50th birthday?

Trying to get some ideas.

VgmeTKn.gif

40: Put signs throughout the drive toward your home that say, "Lordy, Lordy, [wife's name] is 40!"

50: Black balloons

Reactions: LuteHawk

If I ever had a wife who turned 40 or 50, my answer would probably be a 25 year old. And this is probably why I will never have a wife who turns 40 or 50.

Reactions: unIowa
"If I ever had a wife who turned 40 or 50, my answer would probably be a 25 year old. And this is probably why I will never have a wife who turns 40 or 50."

Life is full of surprises, my friend.

Reactions: SalAunese
Maybe a special vacation or more expensive gift having to do with one of her hobbies?
(I'm pretty affordable myself as I am even older than your wife:)

Absolutely nothing...don’t even acknowledge it other than maybe mentioning you’re lucky to be married to the most beautiful 39 year old in the world.

Do nothing. Absolutely nothing. Forget her birthday. Ignore her.

Then tell her you have enrolled in a women's studies class at the local college.

You can thank me in advance.

For my wife's 40th we did a weekend with two of our close couple friends at a mountain resort. The guys played golf while the girls had a spa day, then we met in the afternoon for pool time, drinks, and dinner.

For my wife's 40th we did a weekend with two of our close couple friends at a mountain resort. The guys played golf while the girls had a spa day, then we met in the afternoon for pool time, drinks, and dinner.

Travel with couple friends?

Sounds awful.

Reactions: Im4Iowa

I guess a lot depends on your wife ... Meaning, does she want the event to be low key low or does she want a parade? Just my personal two cents ... Just do something nice for her ... regardless if it's a 40th or 50th ...

I hit the big 5-0 in May ... and I want mine as low key as can be. I just want to spend the time with my other half ... doing something fun ... (i.e. maybe a long get away weekend) ... at this point in our lives we are both past spending boatloads of money on gifts or trips ... At this point in my life ... if there is something I really craved then chances are I already have it ...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT