ADVERTISEMENT

The worst president. Ever.

I will easily pick Joe but I am constantly shaking my head at Democrats who will have back to back nominated Hillary, and then Biden. I would prefer 18 of the other original 20 candidates than Joe. How the hell did guys like Bullock or Bennet not get traction? They are better and younger versions of Biden. I see Gillibrand almost every day and she would be far better as POTUS than Biden. The democrats find ways to eff things up that are almost impossible to eff up.
Should gave Yang or Delany a chance.

He believes in almost all fundamental conservative principles. He understands that Trump has hijacked the Republican Party. So do all other credible Republicans.

First off he might have some conservativeness left in him but he’s not a Republican, he’s an independent. He doesn’t think the GOP should survive. He also supported Hillary Clinton a terrible choice insofar as foreign policy which is his forte. That in itself means he wasn’t too conservative all along.

But putting that aside his article was rubbish.

Democrats are voting for the guy they think will be trump good bad or indifferent. A great nominee that loses to trump doesn't work for most of us. Having said that, Biden isn't president yet either.

First off he might have some conservativeness left in him but he’s not a Republican, he’s an independent. He doesn’t think the GOP should survive. He also supported Hillary Clinton a terrible choice insofar as foreign policy which is his forte.

Boot believes in free markets, free trade, balanced budgets. You all have abandoned that with this person. It’s all about the courts. And you have abandoned morality.

Reactions: BGHAWK
First off he might have some conservativeness left in him but he’s not a Republican, he’s an independent. He doesn’t think the GOP should survive. He also supported Hillary Clinton a terrible choice insofar as foreign policy which is his forte. That in itself means he wasn’t too conservative all along.

Trump has been comically inept at foreign policy. It's what happens when you put a guy who played a successful executive on TV into the Oval Office instead of a soulless technocrat with decades of experience in the stuff a president needs to know how to do. There isn't a world leader that hasn't played Trump like a fiddle.

Getting back to the question. Yeah he is the worst President ever. We’ll survive it.

Can you imagine if Obama had failed to respond to a pandemic like Trump has?

Reactions: blackbones
Getting back to the question. Yeah he is the worst President ever. We’ll survive it.

Can you imagine if Obama had failed to respond to a pandemic like Trump has?
Aren't you listening? This is all Obama's fault. He is the one who failed to act 3+ years ago. There was literally nothing could do, and nobody saw this unseen enemy coming.

Jackson was a great POTUS when America needed a great President. Using 21st century criteria to judge a 19th century President is more ignorant than unfair. If you want the history lesson sometime fezz, lemme know...I will be glad to lay it out for you.

Jackson was a slaveowner who purposefully committed genocide (even against the Cherokee who had faithfully served with him during the War of 1812, his stab in the back to thousands of his former soldiers is highlighted in the Cherokee museum in NC). In fact the main reason he committed genocide against the "civilized tribes" was because he wanted more land....for slave plantations.

As a general he took it upon himself with no authority from the federal government to invade Spanish Florida in order to sack Pensacola and murder Native Americans there even though the majority if not all had nothing to do with some retaliatory raids in Alabama from other Natives who had been forcibly removed from ancestral lands.

So yeah.....Andyjack was an old fashioned homicidal, racist slave owning tyrant.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
Jackson was a slaveowner who purposefully committed genocide (even against the Cherokee who had faithfully served with him during the War of 1812, his stab in the back to thousands of his former soldiers is highlighted in the Cherokee museum in NC). In fact the main reason he committed genocide against the "civilized tribes" was because he wanted more land....for slave plantations.

As a general he took it upon himself with no authority from the federal government to invade Spanish Florida in order to sack Pensacola and murder Native Americans there even though the majority if not all had nothing to do with some retaliatory raids in Alabama from other Natives who had been forcibly removed from ancestral lands.

So yeah.....Andyjack was an old fashioned homicidal, racist slave owning tyrant.
What do you care? You'd have been a Spaniard if it hadn't been for Jackson. ;)

What do you care? You'd have been a Spaniard if it hadn't been for Jackson. ;)

Nah I'm only a second generation Floridian. I would have been half Virginian and half North Carolinian if Florida was a foreign country.

Jackson was a great POTUS when America needed a great President. Using 21st century criteria to judge a 19th century President is more ignorant than unfair. If you want the history lesson sometime fezz, lemme know...I will be glad to lay it out for you.
Hopefully, this is sarcasm.Andrew Jackson was an evil asshole and a massive failure as a president no matter what criteria you use.

By
Max Boot
Columnist
April 5, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. CDT
Until now, I have generally been reluctant to label Donald Trump the worst president in U.S. history. As a historian, I know how important it is to allow the passage of time to gain a sense of perspective. Some presidents who seemed awful to contemporaries (Harry S. Truman) or simply lackluster (Dwight D. Eisenhower, George H.W. Bush) look much better in retrospect. Others, such as Thomas Jefferson and Woodrow Wilson, don’t look as good as they once did.

So I have written, as I did on March 12, that Trump is the worst president in modern times — not of all time. That left open the possibility that James Buchanan, Andrew Johnson, Franklin Pierce, Warren Harding or some other nonentity would be judged more harshly. But in the past month, we have seen enough to take away the qualifier “in modern times.” With his catastrophic mishandling of the coronavirus, Trump has established himself as the worst president in U.S. history.

Full coverage of the coronavirus pandemic

His one major competitor for that dubious distinction remains Buchanan, whose dithering helped lead us into the Civil War — the deadliest conflict in U.S. history. Buchanan may still be the biggest loser. But there is good reason to think that the Civil War would have broken out no matter what. By contrast, there is nothing inevitable about the scale of the disaster we now confront.

AD
Opinion | Trump fans believe him over the media on coronavirus. This is dangerous.

Trump may think he can sugarcoat coronavirus, but media critic Erik Wemple says it is time for the government to speak with one clear voice about public health. (Video: Erik Wemple/Photo: Jabin Botsford/The Washington Post)
The situation is so dire, it is hard to wrap your mind around it. The Atlantic notes: “During the Great Recession of 2007–2009, the economy suffered a net loss of approximately 9 million jobs. The pandemic recession has seen nearly 10 million unemployment claims in just two weeks.” The New York Times estimates that the unemployment rate is now about 13 percent, the highest since the Great Depression ended 80 years ago.

Far worse is the human carnage. We already have more confirmed coronavirus cases than any other country. Trump claimed on Feb. 26 that the outbreak would soon be “down to close to zero.” Now he argues that if the death toll is 100,000 to 200,000 — higher than the U.S. fatalities in all of our wars combined since 1945 — it will be proof that he’s done “a very good job.”

No, it will be a sign that he’s a miserable failure, because the coronavirus is the most foreseeable catastrophe in U.S. history. The warnings about the Pearl Harbor and 9/11 attacks were obvious only in retrospect. This time, it didn’t require any top-secret intelligence to see what was coming. The alarm was sounded in January by experts in the media and by leading Democrats including presumptive presidential nominee Joe Biden.

AD
Government officials were delivering similar warnings directly to Trump. A team of Post reporters wrote on Saturday: “The Trump administration received its first formal notification of the outbreak of the coronavirus in China on Jan. 3. Within days, U.S. spy agencies were signaling the seriousness of the threat to Trump by including a warning about the coronavirus —the first of many—in the President’s Daily Brief.” But Trump wasn’t listening.

The Post article is the most thorough dissection of Trump’s failure to prepare for the gathering storm. Trump was first briefed on the coronavirus by Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar on Jan. 18. But, The Post writes, “Azar told several associates that the president believed he was ‘alarmist’ and Azar struggled to get Trump’s attention to focus on the issue.” When Trump was first asked publicly about the virus, on Jan. 22, he said, “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China.”

In the days and weeks after Azar alerted him about the virus, Trump spoke at eight rallies and golfed six times as if he didn’t have a care in the world.

AD
Trump’s failure to focus, The Post notes, “sowed significant public confusion and contradicted the urgent messages of public health experts.” It also allowed bureaucratic snafus to go unaddressed — including critical failures to roll out enough tests or to stockpile enough protective equipment and ventilators.

Countries as diverse as Taiwan, Singapore, Canada, South Korea, Georgia and Germany have done far better — and will suffer far less. South Korea and the United States discovered their first cases on the same day. South Korea now has 183 dead — or 4 deaths per 1 million people. The U.S. death ratio (25 per 1 million) is six times worse — and rising quickly.

This fiasco is so monumental that it makes our recent failed presidents — George W. Bush and Jimmy Carter — Mount Rushmore material by comparison. Trump’s Friday night announcement that he’s firing the intelligence community inspector general who exposed his attempted extortion of Ukraine shows that he combines the ineptitude of a George W. Bush or a Carter with the corruption of Richard Nixon.

AD
Trump is characteristically working hardest at blaming others — China, the media, governors, President Barack Obama, the Democratic impeachment managers, everyone but his golf caddie — for his blunders. His mantra is: “I don’t take responsibility at all.” It remains to be seen whether voters will buy his excuses. But whatever happens in November, Trump cannot escape the pitiless judgment of history.

Somewhere, a relieved James Buchanan must be smiling.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/04/05/worst-president-ever/?fbclid=IwAR1J_zjQfdKBjfbNFmen6xtdNk-HLaV5wm3WCxqP-4GQLupbNxpXY24Af3Y&utm_campaign=wp_main&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook"Move
My lifetime
Carter
Obama
Clinton
Was this a poll?

Hopefully, this is sarcasm.Andrew Jackson was an evil asshole and a massive failure as a president no matter what criteria you use.

None at all. The facts are, he opened up government to “ the common man”...being the first “westerner” to become President and by instituting “ the spoils system” of government he ended the east coast dominance of governance. He did pay off the nation's debt by using windfall money todo so...but he did pay off the debt...he did did open up lands in the South and the West for frontiersmen settlement...Florida and Texas...imagine if he hadn’t opened up Texas in the 1830’s, and the Mexicans had control of Texas and the west when gold was discovered in California...The USA might be totally different today, as would Mexico. Finally and most importantly, Jackson effectively dealt with the “nullification question” raised by South Carolina. He was able to negotiate a successful ending to this crisis and delayed the CW got 25-30 years...A weaker President...such as Tyler or Buchanan would not have been able to do so ( weak characters) and South Carolina and other slave states might well have used “ nullification” ad a reason to secede from the Union...and in the 1830’s the US didn’t have the strength or the military to stop them from doing so....in the 1860’s, the Federal Government was strong enough to stop the South from this action. Also, Jackson, was a populist and a very popular figure with most Americans..and he was instrumental in extending the vote to all white male citizens and not limiting the vote to property owners only.
Now please don’t tell me what a rotten bastard he was with how he dealt with Indians..he was. But, he was an amazing success in American history when judged for his times and place in out history.

Andrew Jackson was put in the Hall of
Shame for uprooting 100,000 Indians.
Congress in 1830 promised that if the
Indians of the East would settle West
of the Mississippi River, they would be
permanently assured of no more problems
with the government.

President Jackson said: "The only good
Indian is a dead Indian."

Andrew Jackson was put in the Hall of
Shame for uprooting 100,000 Indians.
Congress in 1830 promised that if the
Indians of the East would settle West
of the Mississippi River, they would be
permanently assured of no more problems
with the government.

President Jackson said: "The only good
Indian is a dead Indian."
Trail of Tears I think?

None at all. The facts are, he opened up government to “ the common man”...being the first “westerner” to become President and by instituting “ the spoils system” of government he ended the east coast dominance of governance. He did pay off the nation's debt by using windfall money todo so...but he did pay off the debt...he did did open up lands in the South and the West for frontiersmen settlement...Florida and Texas...imagine if he hadn’t opened up Texas in the 1830’s, and the Mexicans had control of Texas and the west when gold was discovered in California...The USA might be totally different today, as would Mexico. Finally and most importantly, Jackson effectively dealt with the “nullification question” raised by South Carolina. He was able to negotiate a successful ending to this crisis and delayed the CW got 25-30 years...A weaker President...such as Tyler or Buchanan would not have been able to do so ( weak characters) and South Carolina and other slave states might well have used “ nullification” ad a reason to secede from the Union...and in the 1830’s the US didn’t have the strength or the military to stop them from doing so....in the 1860’s, the Federal Government was strong enough to stop the South from this action. Also, Jackson, was a populist and a very popular figure with most Americans..and he was instrumental in extending the vote to all white male citizens and not limiting the vote to property owners only.
Now please don’t tell me what a rotten bastard he was with how he dealt with Indians..he was. But, he was an amazing success in American history when judged for his times and place in out history.

It all makes sense now...you thinking the drunken Chief Wahoo Injun mascot isn’t racist. All comes together here. ;)

I see Gillibrand almost every day and she would be far better as POTUS than Biden.
Gillibrand sunk any chance she had at the nomination when she started taking swipes at WJC during the height of the 'me too' movement.

The thing is that Jackson was considered aggressive even at his time when it came to removal of Native Americans.

Him being the worst POTUS of all time with social media and tv is a hell of a problem for this country.. If his orange lips are moving he's lying.. Mass manipulation is in Trumps wheelhouse and it shows.. Wake the f##k up!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: BGHAWK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT