ADVERTISEMENT

Things that annoy you more each time you experience it (no politics)

auntie_fah

HR All-American
Aug 26, 2023
1) no politics. Im sure there are a few folks who can’t/wont follow this. I likely have most of those people on ignore

2) insert south park naggers wheel of fortune image.

3) insert simpsons old man yells at clouds image

I find myself getting more and more annoyed everytime I walk in a space that is (or was) occupied by a smoker. You stink, and you leave every place you occupy a disgusting stink hole. This has increasingly started annoying me more over the past month or two

Also going to get groceries is a pain in the ass anymore. It was a pain in the ass when these stores did away with 24 hrs, but now you go in when they open and you cant get down aisles or get to products because they are blocked with pallets, carts and boxes.

/getoffmylawn

There needs to be a law mandating every gas station needing a checkout for LOTTERY ONLY. I am so sick and tired of waiting behind some geriatric or freeloader spending 5 minutes or more picking out the 17 different scratchers they want while I'm waiting to pay for 1 bag of chips and a drink.

One of my law partners who runs about 48 hours behind on emails.

He’s sending out emails in response to old emails asking what are we going to do about the ________ file, and we answered that a day and a half ago, but he hasn’t got to the answer email yet.

End up writing double emails on cases with him. Drives me up a wall.

Left lane cruisers
Slow walkers (like they are window shopping) at the airport
People who throw trash out their cars
People who pay with checks at the express lane
Buying concert tickets from ticketmaster
Waiting in line to order coffee or food. People get to the front have no idea what to order when asked.

I could go on...

There needs to be a law mandating every gas station needing a checkout for LOTTERY ONLY. I am so sick and tired of waiting behind some geriatric or freeloader spending 5 minutes or more picking out the 17 different scratchers they want while I'm waiting to pay for 1 bag of chips and a drink.
I will add people who are buying cigarettes also.

Extremely annoying at Caseys, where you will likely have one register open with 5 people waiting in line, while another person is behind the counter doing god knows what else and three other people are on the flood doing something else.

One of my law partners who runs about 48 hours behind on emails.

He’s sending out emails in response to old emails asking what are we going to do about the ________ file, and we answered that a day and a half ago, but he hasn’t got to the answer email yet.

End up writing double emails on cases with him. Drives me up a wall.

Just start putting post it notes on his door

I don't drive a SUV or truck. I drive a car. I hate it when soccer mom SUV drivers or little dick big truck people pull up at an intersection next to me, farther than me, so I cant see cross traffic to make a turn.

Easily my biggest driving pet peeve
I was trying to make a right turn this morning at a light and some guy in a SUV kept creeping up and blocking my view. Scum

Thank God I'm not the only one that despises this. They can already see over my car. Why do they need to block the view?
And if they are waiting at a red light to go forward or make a left turn, there is no reason for them to creep up.

Also, i feel more safe jaywalking to cross a road in downtown cedar rapids than i do walking in a crowsswalk.

Loud people
People who walk around public places on speaker phone
Left lane drivers
People who slow down before the exit ramp
People who get to the counter at a convenience store and completely unprepared and want to BS then when the cashier gives the total they " oh, sorry I need this lottery ticket and let me see this scratch off, this one, two of those and one of those. In the meantime the line has grown from 2 people to 10.

I'll also add HyVee's mentality on checkout lanes. They gutted a ton of lanes, I assume fired/moved employees around in favor of self check outs and 90% of the time I shop there they refuse to have more than 3 self checkouts open
Yep. No reason to not have all self checkouts open during store hours.

Also target switching their self checkouts to 10 items or less, but not increasong staffing in the normal checkouts

People who insist on providing unhelpful "helpful advice."

"Hey if you just go to [insert department] they can take care of that right away." No, they can't. I've tried that already, and it didn't work. Now you're just making me feel like a d**k for not following your advice. Please mind your own business.

Also, sentence finishers.

You all know who I'm taking ab --- *talking about*.

Airports - Your basic boarding groups jumpers, walk on left siders, stop in middle of terminal gaggles …

Mornings.
Morning people.
People.
The Dutch.

Also at airports - the ones who stand right up against the baggage carrousel even though their bags are not yet in sight. If everyone were civilized and stepped about three feet back, then we could all see our bags and could make our way up to retrieve them.

As I've gotten older I'm a little more aggressive about pushing people out of my way when I'm picking up my bag.

People who insist on providing unhelpful "helpful advice."

Also persistent "devils advocates."

"Hey, I'm just being devil's advocate!" "Well, John, we don't need devil's advocates. We need people who can work positively to get shit done. Shooting down every frickin idea based on any hypothetical negative you can conjure up in your head is not useful. You are not an asset, you are an obstacle."

Or the people that jump out of their seats immediately after thr plane stops just to stand there for another 10 mins

On this one I don’t get the hate. I see this a lot online with people complaining.

I’m an aisle seat guy and pretty tall. What’s wrong with standing up and stretching? I’m not trying to bum rush to the front.

Also at airports - the ones who stand right up against the baggage carrousel even though their bags are not yet in sight. If everyone were civilized and stepped about three feet back, then we could all see our bags and could make our way up to retrieve them.

As I've gotten older I'm a little more aggressive about pushing people out of my way when I'm picking up my bag.
This! OMG....so much this! I was so annoyed by it one time in KC I actually raised my voice to address the crowd, and asked to politely step back a few feet, and they actually responded accordingly. It was amazing. The worst is whole families with kids. One parent can sit closer to the carousel and retrieve the luggage. The other should stand in the back with the kids and a pile of bags. Usually I have to avoid punting a 3 year old to get to my bag make sure I don't swing through the five year old when getting the bag off the carousel.

For those that think I don't like kids, I have traveled with my 3 kids for years.

On this one I don’t get the hate. I see this a lot online with people complaining.

I’m an aisle seat guy and pretty tall. What’s wrong with standing up and stretching? I’m not trying to bum rush to the front.
My issues are those that bum rush the front or anyone who is seated behind me that feels they are more important than everyone else, and jumps in front of anyone seated in front. No “excuse me” or “I’m sorry, I’m about to miss my connection, do you mind?” Just assholes. Add to that those that get to the gate and the moment they announce military and those that need assistance, they get in line. They might be group 7, but damnit, got to stand there while everyone else wonders if this person is group 1? 2?

I'm with you on this one. I jump up into the aisle for two reasons:

1. One I've got a terrible knee that is super stiff and I'm just trying to warm it up/stretch out.

2. I'm blocking all the mother effers trying to storm the front of the plane to get off first.*

*Except on delayed flights. People storming the front may be trying to make connections. I'm not a savage.

I guess i would rather just remain in my seat and not get up and be crammed in the aisle like cattle. It annoys me even more when i am in an aisle seat.

The people who immediately take their items out of the overhead are not doing it to stretch. Plus a lot of people in the small planes that fly out of CR and Moline have to stand in the aisle with their heads hunched down because they are too tall to stand straight.

Partly a claustrophobic thing for me. I dont like feeling crammed in a space where i feel like i am going to bunp into someone or something anytime i move and people packed into the aisle standing next to me while i am sitting in an aisle seat also falls into that.

Partly a “you idiots aren’t going to get off the plan any faster standing up as soon as the plane stops”

I'm with you on this one. I jump up into the aisle for two reasons:

1. One I've got a terrible knee that is super stiff and I'm just trying to warm it up/stretch out.

2. I'm blocking all the mother effers trying to storm the front of the plane to get off first.*

*Except on delayed flights. People storming the front may be trying to make connections. I'm not a savage.
One time i had a real short connection window on the other side of the minneapolis airport. I upgraded my ticket to first class so i could be one of the first off the plane.

Get to my gate as they start boarding, and then as we were all loaded they made an announcement we had to get off the plane. We waited another hour and a half for a new plane. 🙄

Reactions: Moral
My Hospital CEO on the monthly zoom update. Think of it as the "state of the hospital" Gets up there and talks about how dire the finances are (FYI, healthcare is really bad across the country right now). CFO then gets on an touts how salaries are coming down compared to last quarter. This means we are cutting pay, getting rid of locums help which is required to get stuff done, having veteran employees leave or retire, etc.

Ends the meeting with some "heartfelt" message. "Thanks everyone for all the work you do, the sacrifices you make, and the care you give to all our patients." Its so disingenuous after they talk about cutting employees and their pay.

Loud people
Left lane drivers
People who get to the counter at a convenience store and completely unprepared and want to BS then when the cashier gives the total they " oh, sorry I need this lottery ticket and let me see this scratch off, this one, two of those and one of those. In the meantime the line has grown from 2 people to 10.
You and I could be friends.

Or the people that jump out of their seats immediately after thr plane stops just to stand there for another 10 mins
I once saw someone leap to their feet, dragging their hapless husband with her, and basically sprint down the aisle to pass up like 3 rows of people. Relax lady.

The good news is that some fellow passengers called her out on her selfishness. She then had to stand in the aisle, still blocked in, for pretty much the exact same amount of time. She  maybe saved herself 4 seconds of waiting, but got booed for it. :)

Loud people
Left lane drivers

This is a pretty good list.

My Hospital CEO on the monthly zoom update. Think of it as the "state of the hospital" Gets up there and talks about how dire the finances are (FYI, healthcare is really bad across the country right now). CFO then gets on an touts how salaries are coming down compared to last quarter. This means we are cutting pay, getting rid of locums help which is required to get stuff done, having veteran employees leave or retire, etc.

Ends the meeting with some "heartfelt" message. "Thanks everyone for all the work you do, the sacrifices you make, and the care you give to all our patients." Its so disingenuous after they talk about cutting employees and their pay.
That blows, i hate getting puffed up with compliments just to get slapped across the face.

I worked for a beer company and had the boss tell me I was one of the better hires he had in a decade. Then my "bonus" for the year was a $50 gift card to a popular gastropub type place in town. The catch is if you ever caught drinking the competition's product you could get fired so essentially the "gift card" went right back into his pocket.

I hate when upper management has such a total reality disconnect from the people below them.

There is always one douche canoe who has to touch, flip, pull off every bag that might potentially look like their bag. Then when their bag arrives, it looks nothing like the bags they thought could be theirs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT