ADVERTISEMENT

Things that annoy you more each time you experience it (no politics)

Americans as a rule have poor manners. We simply aren’t taught properly. Once you travel in Europe for a bit you will figure this out.
I had a German once tell me he can identify an American with in seconds of them sitting down to eat without them saying a word.
My wife walked up to one of the many workers at the Amsterdam airport said, "Excuse me, do you know where customs is?" The guy said, "Good morning" and refused to talk to her until she said it back. She looked annoyed. I said look, you basically walked up to him without greeting him and then proceeded to speak your native language without regard to anything he spoke. She seemed a bit bewildered.

people who drive down the shoulder when there's a traffic back-up and everyone else is following rules and these people think they're more important than everyone else so they drive up and force another merging point which just makes everything go slower.

selfish pricks.

People whose default speaking volume is yelling. I always wonder how they got that way, like was it having to wrangle kids or being the runt of the litter or something? I also have the pleasure of being around these people when they take phone calls, because they think it's still 2003 and you need to yell down the line for the other person to hear you.
They could have a hearing problem.

Last edited:
The one that gets me. The person waiting to turn on a one way street (96th&Dodge) in Omaha. The closets lane to turn is one that ends about a quarter mile up as it exits to the Westroads. People will sit there until the second or third lane opens up while the closest is usually open. I tell my kids everytime the bastards are breaking the laws of driving by doing this. @Hawkman98 can you confirm this for me.

My wife walked up to one of the many workers at the Amsterdam airport said, "Excuse me, do you know where customs is?" The guy said, "Good morning" and refused to talk to her until she said it back. She looked annoyed. I said look, you basically walked up to him without greeting him and then proceeded to speak your native language without regard to anything he spoke. She seemed a bit bewildered.
Exactly. Your wife wasn’t taught that conversations start with “Good Day” and end with thank you. Anything else is rude.

Reactions: Urohawk
The one that gets me. The person waiting to turn on a one way street (96th&Dodge) in Omaha. The closets lane to turn is one that ends about a quarter mile up as it exits to the Westroads. People will sit there until the second or third lane opens up while the closest is usually open. I tell my kids everytime the bastards are breaking the laws of driving by doing this. @Hawkman98 can you confirm this for me.
Well, that would be illegal in Iowa but in Nebraska, it's probably legal because that state sucks balls. In all seriousness, the inside lane has to turn to the inside lane. They can't sit in the inside lane and just wait for the other lanes to become available. That deserves a honk until they move the fuk out of the way.

Well, that would be illegal in Iowa but in Nebraska, it's probably legal because that state sucks balls. In all seriousness, the inside lane has to turn to the inside lane. They can't sit in the inside lane and just wait for the other lanes to become available. That deserves a honk until they move the fuk out of the way.
Thank you! My kids get so embarrassed when I honk at someone at that stop. I see it all the time on the road (nowhere close to you) people are so inconsiderate these days and keeps getting worse

Reactions: Hawkman98

Things that annoy you more each time you experience it​

Adventureland.

Went there every year as a kid. Have taken my kids every year.

ENOUGH.

Interacting with people who don’t give two shits about their job. Happens too often in S Florida. A big difference from living in the Midwest.

Political commercials- (OP said no politics, but I think it can be universally agreed upon that these all suck and everyone associated with the making of any political commercial should be ashamed of their life choices.............)

Medication commercials- (perhaps even worse than political commercials, because these are year-f***ing-round unlike political ads, are the latest wave of absolute cringe medication commercials like Jardiance and Skyrizi. Please, stab my ears with a hot knife every time these pop up on TV. Few things make me want to hate all living things on this planet more than being forced to watch one of these f***ing commercials during a game.)
As if the first one wasn't horrific enough, they've made a new song-n-dance commercial with exact same jingle!!!

rage.gif

people who drive down the shoulder when there's a traffic back-up and everyone else is following rules and these people think they're more important than everyone else so they drive up and force another merging point which just makes everything go slower.

selfish pricks.
More annoyed at the people who let them in. The shoulder people will list me as annoying them by being halfway in the shoulder stopping their progress.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT