ADVERTISEMENT

Things that annoy you more each time you experience it (no politics)

That blows, i hate getting puffed up with compliments just to get slapped across the face.

I worked for a beer company and had the boss tell me I was one of the better hires he had in a decade. Then my "bonus" for the year was a $50 gift card to a popular gastropub type place in town. The catch is if you ever caught drinking the competition's product you could get fired so essentially the "gift card" went right back into his pocket.

I hate when upper management has such a total reality disconnect from the people below them.
My last job i took on a couple projects, crosstrained in multiple other tasks. Moved to a different position on less than a days training when the other people in that area got injured and were our for a considerable amount of time. Ended up doing so well they kept me in that position and moved one of the other guys elsewhere.

Come review time early in 2019, it was a .20 raise and and a “we just cant give more”. All the while the same manager was spending money on things that made the workplace look better, bought new furniture and remodelled the break room, but still ignored spending money on the things that would make our jobs easier.

My Hospital CEO on the monthly zoom update. Think of it as the "state of the hospital" Gets up there and talks about how dire the finances are (FYI, healthcare is really bad across the country right now). CFO then gets on an touts how salaries are coming down compared to last quarter. This means we are cutting pay, getting rid of locums help which is required to get stuff done, having veteran employees leave or retire, etc.

Ends the meeting with some "heartfelt" message. "Thanks everyone for all the work you do, the sacrifices you make, and the care you give to all our patients." Its so disingenuous after they talk about cutting employees and their pay.
I need to show this to my son, who is the CFO of a fairly large hospital system. He’ll probably agree with some of it and then launch into a twenty minute response that will cover several of your points explaining his differences with other points you’ve made.
Overall I think there’s a level of frustration in health care nationwide and it’s changing internally to a degree a lot of patients may not realize.
Hang in there, Doc. You folks really are appreciated.

Expired license plates, especially in years (like this one) when Nebraska has new plates and it's clear as day that someone is driving with old ones. And they're typically nice vehicles, too.

The other one is at work when someone starts a conversation with, "Quick question." It's a sure thing that quick question will take an hour of research for me to answer.

People who can not pull up at a stop light without picking up their phone to scroll through Twitter, Facebook, GiaHORT, TikTok or some other damn site. Listen, Mr 45 Year old in the Toyota Tercel , I don't think you are getting an update on your next surgery so stop looking at your phone and pay attention to the red light, you asshat.

Pretty much every single exchange of currency for goods and/or services. Especially services, and goods.

Reactions: Moral
I work on the 6th floor of a pretty busy office building and I use the elevator several times a day. Almost every time I take the elevator down to the lobby, the idiots that are going up just start walking in before letting people out. They have this surprised look on their face, as if they are just learning that people might be going the opposite direction from them

When I went into IT it was a goal of mine never to become that angry IT guy that hates people. I actually held out for probably 7 or 8 years before they defeated me.
I failed a similar goal in the health-care field; I just got out and am now in recovery.

Reactions: JWolf74 and Moral
One of my law partners who runs about 48 hours behind on emails.

He’s sending out emails in response to old emails asking what are we going to do about the ________ file, and we answered that a day and a half ago, but he hasn’t got to the answer email yet.

End up writing double emails on cases with him. Drives me up a wall.
I know a guy who can do something about this.

@jasonrann

Political commercials- (OP said no politics, but I think it can be universally agreed upon that these all suck and everyone associated with the making of any political commercial should be ashamed of their life choices.............)

Medication commercials- (perhaps even worse than political commercials, because these are year-f***ing-round unlike political ads, are the latest wave of absolute cringe medication commercials like Jardiance and Skyrizi. Please, stab my ears with a hot knife every time these pop up on TV. Few things make me want to hate all living things on this planet more than being forced to watch one of these f***ing commercials during a game.)

Going to a restaurant where you wait in line to order at the counter and having people in front of me pull out a sheet of paper with 6 or 7 orders on it when it's their turn. This happens to me a lot at Chipotle. Three people in line ahead of me and it takes over 15 minutes to finally place my order. :mad:

Mine is pretty basic: people who don’t return carts to a cart corral. I’ve seen this at dollar stores, mainstream grocery stores, and Costco (so assuming a broad income range).

It shows a level of laziness and entitlement - particularly when carts end up in parking spaces or in a grassy area nearby.

People whose default speaking volume is yelling. I always wonder how they got that way, like was it having to wrangle kids or being the runt of the litter or something? I also have the pleasure of being around these people when they take phone calls, because they think it's still 2003 and you need to yell down the line for the other person to hear you.

Political commercials- (OP said no politics, but I think it can be universally agreed upon that these all suck and everyone associated with the making of any political commercial should be ashamed of their life choices.............)

Medication commercials- (perhaps even worse than political commercials, because these are year-f***ing-round unlike political ads, are the latest wave of absolute cringe medication commercials like Jardiance and Skyrizi. Please, stab my ears with a hot knife every time these pop up on TV. Few things make me want to hate all living things on this planet more than being forced to watch one of these f***ing commercials during a game.)
Also those Burger King commercials with the terrible song. I feel like they've been running variations of this ad for years now, and every time I hear one I basically have to evoke Frank Constanza SERENITY NOW mode to keep from going completely berserk. Will it ever end??

Last edited:
I guess i would rather just remain in my seat and not get up and be crammed in the aisle like cattle. It annoys me even more when i am in an aisle seat.

The people who immediately take their items out of the overhead are not doing it to stretch. Plus a lot of people in the small planes that fly out of CR and Moline have to stand in the aisle with their heads hunched down because they are too tall to stand straight.

Partly a claustrophobic thing for me. I dont like feeling crammed in a space where i feel like i am going to bunp into someone or something anytime i move and people packed into the aisle standing next to me while i am sitting in an aisle seat also falls into that.

Partly a “you idiots aren’t going to get off the plan any faster standing up as soon as the plane stops”
In that case, mine is people on flights that sit in their seats until the entire aisle in front of them has been clear for 15 seconds and proceed to then take another minute or two to casually get their bag out of the overhead, holding up everyone behind them.

A big one for me recently especially with that brutal weather a couple weeks back is the fuel pumps wanting to ask you 9 god damn questions before you can pump your gas.

It gets way too damn hot and cold in this state to deal with that shit.
Go to Quick Trip - 2 questions - pin # & whether you want receipt.

Mine is pretty basic: people who don’t return carts to a cart corral. I’ve seen this at dollar stores, mainstream grocery stores, and Costco (so assuming a broad income range).

It shows a level of laziness and entitlement - particularly when carts end up in parking spaces or in a grassy area nearby.
I always return carts to the corral, because I value efficiency and believe that many hands make light work. That said, fcuk the grocery stores for promoting a consumer culture where citizens are annoyed with each other for not providing free labor to a profit-driven enterprise.

Cart corals in general are a mortal enemy of mine. HYVee, you don’t need 69 cart corals in your parking lot. If people can’t walk their fatasses a few more feet, have one of your thousand employees “working” go out and retrieve the carts. @Greenway4Prez you feel me?

I should add - getting excited about Iowa Men's Basketball and then the calendar rolling over to the month of March. Very annoying and seems like it happens every year.

Reactions: beanerhawk
People who can’t pick a speed on the interstate and they pass you and you pass them multiple times.
After a couple times of that back and forth routine, i usually will increase my speed by 10-20 mph above my cruise speed to just quickly get distance between them and myself before i go back to my original cruising speed.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Going to a restaurant where you wait in line to order at the counter and having people in front of me pull out a sheet of paper with 6 or 7 orders on it when it's their turn. This happens to me a lot at Chipotle. Three people in line ahead of me and it takes over 15 minutes to finally place my order. :mad:
Great one!

Related to that - door dash and to go orders at places like Chipotle or ModPizza. I always feel like I made the effort to drive to the restaurant, and I’ve been standing in line right in front of you for five minutes. Screw those lazy, faceless mofos sitting at home watching television. They can wait!

Reactions: luvmyhawks
I know a guy who can do something about this.

@jasonrann

Perhaps an intermediary step before the full @jasonrann treatment?
Ray Donovan Baseball Bat GIF by Showtime

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT