ADVERTISEMENT

Thinking Ahead: Who would you like to avoid/or play in the tournament

truehawkfan45

All-Conference
Jan 13, 2020
For conversation, let's assume Hawks snag a 5-6 seed and win their first game in the tournament.

Who you would like to avoid, and who you would like to realistically face to make the Sweet 16?

Here's my list.

Avoid:
Duke
Villanova
Creighton

Play:
Seton Hall
Dayton or SDSU
Oregon

Reasoning: Duke, Nova, and Creighton are loaded with 3-point shooters, size, and have senior leadership paired with HOF coaches. Seton Hall and Oregon are one-man shows with Powell and Pritchard, and SDSU/Dayton are in for a rude awakening when they face competition not named Sisters of the Poor.

Bracketology currently has PSU as a 6 in Albany, playing the winner of NCST/Texas & then facing Seton Hall.. imo, that would be a dream scenario for Iowa.

I’m not going to say that SDSU has played a tough schedule, but you do know that beat Creighton already by 31? They’ve also played and beat Iowa, so the chances of seeing them in the first weekend is very slim. Also, SDSU won’t fall lower than a 2 at worst, so Iowa won’t see them the first weekend regardless if Iowa stays off the 7 line.

Last edited:
I’m not going to say that SDSU has played a tough schedule, but you do know that beat Creighton already by 31? They’ve also played and beat Iowa, so the chances of seeing them in the first weekend is very slim. Also, SDSU won’t fall lower than a 2 at worst, so Iowa won’t see them the first weekend regardless if Iowa stays off the 7 line.

That Creighton team is a totally different team. Creighton would win today.

They’ll likely need to win the BTT, but Purdue is the absolute last team I want to play this season.

Let the games fall where they are. Iowa shouldnt feel like they need to avoid anyone.

I personally value BTT at close to same level as NCAA. Playing a Minny team and needing to beat them a 3rd time this season might not be easy. AT least it is not Purdue.

I personally value BTT at close to same level as NCAA. Playing a Minny team and needing to beat them a 3rd time this season might not be easy. AT least it is not Purdue.

Based on that logic, every team is unbeatable.

Minny has lost a ton of games for a reason. They just arent good. They cant match up vs Garza.

I would like to avoid any power 5 team as we probably can't beat a single one right now.

Really.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT