ADVERTISEMENT

If a Republican Is Going to Take the White House in 2025, Who Would You Want (or Hate) It to Be?

You’re better than me. I don’t forgive them for the last decade. It will be 20 years before I could even think about voting for them.
Don't get me wrong, I'll never vote for a Republican in the general election. But I might crossover in the primary to vote for the least awful candidate left on the R ballot.

Unless I missed a name, the linked WaPo article identifies these 15 GOP hopefuls.

Donald Trump
Ron DeSantis
Mike Pence
Tim Scott
Rick Scott
Greg Abbott
Chris Christie
Mike Pompeo
Asa Hutchinson
Ted Cruz
Nikki Halley
Larry Hogan
Chris Sununu
Kristi Noem
Glenn Youngkin

Thirteen guys - all but 1 white - and 2 women.

Questions for those who would prefer a Republican in the White House: Who are your favorites, and who might you strongly oppose?

Questions for those who would prefer a Democrat in the White House: Who would be most acceptable, and are there any you might crossover in the primary to support (assuming Biden runs unopposed)?

Would like mitt Romney to win the republican nomination.

• Love
Reactions: Bro D
I think a Desantis/Noem ticket would be formidable. My continued wish is for Condi Rice to make a comeback and run, but she’s too smart to get involved with our current shit show of politics.

That is a sad existence. There are good and bad republicans and democrats, with good and bad ideas.
Unfortunately, the really bad republicans have taken over that party, and the rest of them think the far left has taken over the democrats, when in reality, most democrats are closer to them, politically, then the bad far right republicans.

Unfortunately, the really bad republicans have taken over that party, and the rest of them think the far left has taken over the democrats, when in reality, most democrats are closer to them, politically, then the bad far right republicans.
There are still adults in the room like Mitt Romney - who you may or may not agree with - but yeah, their numbers are dwindling.

From your list

Crook/incompetent/political hack (or a combination) - not a chance in hell
Donald Trump
Ron DeSantis
Mike Pence
Rick Scott
Ted Cruz
Greg Abbott
Mike Pompeo

Who is the D alternative? But not likely
Nikki Halley
Chris Christie

I don't know enough to have a full opinion on them
Tim Scott
Asa Hutchinson
Larry Hogan
Chris Sununu
Kristi Noem
Glenn Youngkin

But if someone is an election denier or has had a history of being a Trump lapdog, they are a hard no.

Wow this board is almost worthless at this point. The freaks and geeks from the left in here are starting to make Twitter participants seem rational. This thread is a sad reflection on the radical base of the Democrat party.

Hard to believe people associated with Hawkeye athletics are this out of touch with normal healthy Iowans. You guys really have no hesitation in hoping to ruin this country. It's craziness, but these forums give you a chance to spout things you could never say during inperson conversation. No doubt social media has immensely harmed today's democrat. They wouldn't even be recognizable to those of 50 years ago.

There's hope that our younger generations that have had to see what this absurd woke Marxist thought looks like in application can come around to putting an end to this bizarro world today's left is creating.

Wow this board is almost worthless at this point. The freaks and geeks from the left in here are starting to make Twitter participants seem rational. This thread is a sad reflection on the radical base of the Democrat party.

Hard to believe people associated with Hawkeye athletics are this out of touch with normal healthy Iowans. You guys really have no hesitation in hoping to ruin this country. It's craziness, but these forums give you a chance to spout things you could never say during inperson conversation. No doubt social media has immensely harmed today's democrat. They wouldn't even be recognizable to those of 50 years ago.

There's hope that our younger generations that have had to see what this absurd woke Marxist thought looks like in application can come around to putting an end to this bizarro world today's left is creating.
I was today's day old when I read "Anyone but a Democrat, to hell with every last one of them."

Nikki Haley ot Tim Scott will get my primary vote if they are on the ballot.

I have no problem voting for DeSantis.

If we ever expect to have Americans put first then the gloves have to come off.
That moment you and yours put ANYONE ahead of your own personal interests will be the very first. You don’t give two shits about “Americans” or anyone else.

Take your gloves off? Hardy har har. That confirms for me that you were just cheering the insurrectionists on. You wouldn’t have had what passes for balls amongst your tribe to have put yourself out there but you’ll make Ashli Babbitt a martyr to your cause. .

Then start a poll on which Dem will be tasked to clean up the next Republican President's mess.

Clinton for Bush1, Obama for Bush2, and Biden for Turd.

See a trend?
They break it, we fix it. They obstruct the cleanup, and then use the fact that we didn't do a perfect job as the reason to elect them next time.

The thing is, America falls for it and never seems to learn from it.

Hutchinson, Hogan, Sununu, or possibly Christy.

Just watched Sununu on CNBC this morning. It sounds like he's going to run. If the right was going to move on from Trump, this is the chance. I have my doubts that's happening anytime soon though. Would love to see him in a debate with Trump. That would make the GA-TCU game seem like a nail-biter.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Just watched Sununu on CNBC this morning. It sounds like he's going to run. If the right was going to move on from Trump, this is the chance. I have my doubts that's happening anytime soon though. Would love to see him in a debate with Trump. That would make the GA-TCU game seem like a nail-biter.
Sadly, I'm pretty sure that if they don't go with Trump it will be some POS Trumpkin like DeSantis.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT