ADVERTISEMENT

This Dawn Staley really has issues with CC…

I'm pretty sure things were misquoted or taken out of context, and people were looking for clickbait.

Dawn was quoted as saying, “top pick in the WNBA Draft without a doubt. This year really helped her on both sides of the basketball. She’s defending a lot more. She’s rebounding. I mean, she can score at will however you want it. She can score, and she did that to us.”

It was during a postgame press conference, and she complimented a player on the opposing team. She likely said or meant "(A) top pick in the WNBA Draft," which Rickea is.

We don't always need to overreact to these things; she has complimented CC enough and clearly respects her, as she has won the Staley Award every year since she has been in college. Plus, CC is doing just fine. lol
Not to mention that it looks like her comments were made on February 16th...

Reactions: WSC72
How far down the list does a ‘top’ pick go? Is it 3 spots or 5 spots or just 1? Consider how many WNBA there are.

May have been to try to keep Bluder from picking up a strong forward and/or post in the portal and making Iowa a really tough out this year in case they meet up

They are going to be a tough out regardless. I’m in the camp of loving our offense. It would have taken a very special kind of center to fit in and run our offense like this…

I’m guessing some of you are missing the difference in the intricacies of this offense without a 6-3/6-5 power player in the center..

It’s a special offense and even better than last year. I Liked Monica but this offense is much more versatile and explosive.

Look at it this way, last year we scored over 100, 5 times… So far this year against an even better schedule we’ve scored over 100, 10 times and we’ve somehow played better defense.

It would be nice to have another athletic 6-3 presence, that can fly up & down the court, but if it was a typical post like we’ve had, Monica or Meghan, I like us better this way…

Last edited:
Why is she being constantly asked about Caitlin Clark? I would get annoyed too.

Yeah, I get the backlash. Remember the Tim Tebow coverage on ESPN? Were you annoyed too?
Exactly. Of course I love Caitlin but why on Earth should these coaches keep having to talk about her unless they are playing Iowa? I don’t recall any reporters asking Lisa Bluder about South Carolina going undefeated in the regular season (again!) which is obviously a tremendous accomplishment.

And yes, I hated the media obsession with Tebow. We must remember it’s their fault, not the players’.

It's all about race, and sexuality.

CC is a straight(a big deal with them), white baller. NONE of them have seen the likes of her before and it irks them tremendously that she gets all of the, deserved, attention she receives.

My God you people live to make shit up to be outraged about.

Someone should let the WNBA players know about these straight white ballers that got a shit load if attention in college and still manages to steal some of the spotlight in the WNBA.

sabrina-ionescu-hroniss-grasu-4-f7e4a6cb44c843dfa5a7b90bfc9003d6.jpg

bd146731-untitled-design-4.jpg

i think for a great deal of people, the answer is no. it's clear from the crowds and the coverage that lots and lots of people are following only because of cc... and that phenomenon only really started picking up steam last year.

I agree, most are just starting to follow the women's game, which is wonderful. However, it always makes me wonder how those new followers of the game can get so upset when commentators say they don't feel that CC is the Greatest of All Time.

Last edited:
Reactions: cmhawks99
I agree, most are just starting to follow the women's game, which is wonderful. However, it always makes me wonder how those new followers of the game can get so upset when commentators say they don't feel that CC is the Greatest of All Time.

Great take…literally NO interest whatsoever to over the top opinionated.

Reactions: WSC72
Let's just say this Jackson from Tennessee is a better player and would be a better WNBA player, doubtful, but for this purpose run with it. Who knows about her? Are road games played by Tennessee being sold out because of her? Is every news organization doing a piece on her? Is every podcaster talking about her? Indiana is going to draft Caitlin not only for her immeasurable talent, but for the marketing giant she is and will be.

Dawn Staley has built So. Carolina into an excellent program. Why does she insist on this kind of pettiness when it only detracts from what she's done. Promote your players and program. Don't demote other players or programs.

Let's just say this Jackson from Tennessee is a better player and would be a better WNBA player, doubtful, but for this purpose run with it. Who knows about her? Are road games played by Tennessee being sold out because of her? Is every news organization doing a piece on her? Is every podcaster talking about her? Indiana is going to draft Caitlin not only for her immeasurable talent, but for the marketing giant she is and will be.

Dawn Staley has built So. Carolina into an excellent program. Why does she insist on this kind of pettiness when it only detracts from what she's done. Promote your players and program. Don't demote other players or programs.

Perpetual victimhood mentality.

mulkey and staley's comments were simply meant to guilt caitlyn into not coming back for a 6th year.
CC does suck the oxygen out of the room and people of the SEC hate that. I do agree that there is a minor racial component to it but I think it's more about getting rid of CC.
6th year? Which year of hers did I miss? LOL…..I’m thinking her being 26 years old is the real issue……or maybe her taking 40 shots a game!

Please explain how. Have I claimed to be the victim of something?
Don't pay him no attention, he has been trying to take shots at me as well and quite frankly IDGAS. He is a resident sally boy of this website who thinks he is witty, edgy and cool... when in reality he and his cohorts are mentally ill and need to attend therapy 3-4 times a week.

Don't pay him no attention, he has been trying to take shots at me as well and quite frankly IDGAS. He is a resident sally boy of this website who thinks he is witty, edgy and cool... when in reality he and his cohorts are mentally ill and need to attend therapy 3-4 times a week.
Tell us more hilarious takes on Payton Sandfort! I love when you try to talk hoops.

• Haha
Reactions: Roncuba55
And Iowa. I mean honestly it’s like she goes out of here way to say contrarian things. I doubt there is anyone in the nation that doesn’t know CC is going number one and yet decides to prop up Rickea Jackson from Tennessee as the top pick…

I’m personally beginning to think she has issues with white people.

It is funny however the level of frustration CC has appeared to have cause two of the tyrants of the sport in Mulkey & Staley

It’s simple. Dawn Staley is racist. She should be fired and shunned from the sport.

Women’s basketball and the NCAA shouldn’t tolerate her racism.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT