ADVERTISEMENT

This Day in DEI Brilliance: Johns Hopkins Version

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
From the Newsletter sent out by the Chief Diversity Officer. Because apparently, it super important that this stuff be out there. And as per usual, followed by her apology for being so stupid.

GDgPYGDW8AAHfE0

"The newsletter included a definition of the word ‘privilege’ which, upon reflection, I deeply regret. The intent of the newsletter is to inform and support an inclusive community at Hopkins, but the language of this definition clearly did not meet that goal. In fact, because it was overly simplistic and poorly worded, it had the opposite effect of being exclusionary and hurtful to members of our community. I retract and disavow the definition I shared, and I am sorry. I will work to ensure that future messages better reflect our organizational values."

From the Newsletter sent out by the Chief Diversity Officer. Because apparently, it super important that this stuff be out there. And as per usual, followed by her apology for being so stupid.

GDgPYGDW8AAHfE0

"The newsletter included a definition of the word ‘privilege’ which, upon reflection, I deeply regret. The intent of the newsletter is to inform and support an inclusive community at Hopkins, but the language of this definition clearly did not meet that goal. In fact, because it was overly simplistic and poorly worded, it had the opposite effect of being exclusionary and hurtful to members of our community. I retract and disavow the definition I shared, and I am sorry. I will work to ensure that future messages better reflect our organizational values."
Why is she retracting and disavowing? It's the same bullshit they've been peddling for years and suddenly it's not "Their Truth" anymore?

People with actual positions of power sure do love hectoring the proles about their "privilige."'

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT