ADVERTISEMENT

This may be the worst Trump scandal yet

Going forward Presidents will get away with everything. You have made sure of this.
Precedent is set.

How have I made sure of this? I didn't vote for Trump nor do I think he is doing a good job in the shadiness department. Well actually one could say he is doing the best job in being shady.

There has been one area where he has done well and that is in deregulating many silly federal mandates on businesses, it has really helped to keep the economic engine going and has freed up and helped propel business cash-flows.

Obviously on the environmental side of the deregulation I really don't like seeing what he is doing as it is a giant step backwards when we need to be taking steps forward. Part of that is even in his trade policy to try and help US manufacturers (similar to the Bernie approach) as his policies have made it more expensive to obtain alternative green energy options for individual consumers and power companies alike with his added tariffs on solar and steel.

IMO anyone that voted for Hillary or Trump is why we are where we are today. Your vote, regardless if it was to her or him, was a vote to continue the politics of division and was giving a nod of approval to the corrupt and dysfunctional political system that we now have in place. Great job being part of the problem my man.

In 2020 how about we all just pull the level for the person who we feel has the highest level of integrity and the overall best interest in mind for the citizenship so we can stop playing this left and right bullshit game.

I wish it would mean the crumbling of both parties, and starting over without the money involved. I know, wishful thinking.

In a playing the "long game" sort of way Trump's awfulness might actually help move the country forward, time will tell.

Deflection.

It is time for all of the power players in our political system that have done wrong to be held accountable by the law WWJD. It appears you are ok with democrat lawlessness if it means getting Trump. That is such a short term mentality and keeps us treading water in a political system (not governmental) that is long past its time for a refresh of new players.

In a playing the "long game" sort of way Trump's awfulness might actually help move the country forward, time will tell.
This was a rationale used by Bernie supporters and far left to not vote for Hillary. Seemed incredibly stupid and short sighted, but looking back, it may have been brilliant. As demographics continue to shift from older and white and the core blindly support a sick man, the GOP may be in a position where it struggles to exist post Trump. And that pendulum will swing very far back to the left.

It is time for all of the power players in our political system that have done wrong to be held accountable by the law WWJD. It appears you are ok with democrat lawlessness if it means getting Trump. That is such a short term mentality and keeps us treading water in a political system (not governmental) that is long past its time for a refresh of new players.

Are you nuts, WWJD? That's an undocumented set of rules that means different things to different people. Some people don't even recognize J. We need people to actually follow the actual laws.

This was a rationale used by Bernie supporters and far left to not vote for Hillary. Seemed incredibly stupid and short sighted, but looking back, it may have been brilliant. As demographics continue to shift from older and white and the core blindly support a sick man, the GOP may be in a position where it struggles to exist post Trump. And that pendulum will swing very far back to the left.

It most likely will over-correct and the democrats will be put in a similar position that the Rs are today. They will start to be considered out of touch with reality (many are) yet the stink of Trump will still be all over the Republican party. It provides a window for well meaning rational 3rd party candidates to either; take hold of the R or D parties via a hostile like take over (out with the old if you will) OR the R and D parties may just destroy themselves out of existence.

Are you nuts, WWJD? That's an undocumented set of rules that means different things to different people. Some people don't even recognize J. We need people to actually follow the actual laws.

You do realize WWJD is a poster here and was the poster handle that I was replying too...right???

You do realize WWJD is a poster here and was the poster handle that I was replying too...right???

I do know he's a poster, although I didn't look to see you were responding to him. But your post read like you were say "the law WWJD", rather than you were referencing the poster. If you were referring to the poster, then maybe you're not nuts.

I don’t know why Trump hasn’t directed the Justice Department to investigate the matter. All I know is that it hasn’t been investigated by any law enforcement agency.

Thank you for confirming that you were flat out wrong in post #5 of this thread. Good day, sir.
It has been investigated. That you felt it had to be investigated by law enforcement in order to be valid is your error. That it HASN’T been investigated by any law enforcement agency - including the Trump DoJ - is telling...for anyone with intelligence. That the GOP Senate has refused to open an investigation is telling...for the same reason. The only people who care to investigate have done so...and found nothing. As stated. Good day to you.

Reactions: cigaretteman
You don’t have a clue either. None of us do.

In any political scandal I like to see how the people react. Trump is openly admitting to talking to the Ukraine PM about Biden stuff. He is tweeting aggressively about it. Something doesn’t add up. That is why I think he is baiting the democrats

If he is baiting the democrats, would that be an impeachable offense too?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT