ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

Cambridge, UK, April 28, 2022 – Blighter Surveillance Systems (‘Blighter’, www.blighter.com) the British designer and manufacturer of electronic-scanning military radars and surveillance solutions, has been awarded a contract to supply vehicle-mounted tactical radars on an Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV) for a Northern European NATO customer for border security applications.

For this programme, Blighter will be supplying its B422 180-degree ground surveillance e-scanning radar in a vehicle-mounted configuration to be fitted to a six-wheeled UGV, driven by the need for flexible and rapidly-deployable threat detection for perimeter and border security. The radars will be augmented by Electro-Optical systems provided by a systems integrator for the programme to provide the UGV with a full-spectrum approach to threat detection.
This is not the first instance of Blighter providing its B400 tactical radars to mobile platforms. Last year the company was selected to supply advanced integrated target acquisition radars to a fleet of armoured fighting vehicles.

Blighter radars are deployed in more than 35 countries across the world, delivering round-the-clock all-weather security protection along borders, for coastal facilities, military bases and critical national infrastructure. "

https://www.blighter.com/tactical-radars-for-nato-customer-in-northern-europe/

What happened to the javelins against Russian armored vehicles? Did they expend their inventory? What about the starstreak what the UK supplied? Both were supposed to be quite lethal.

They need to show this on Russian TV. (They show the US being destroyed all the time.)

"This is a sad cartoon of what will happen to Russia if Putin (God forbid!) decides to use nuclear weapons. There is no arsenal of France and Britain here yet. Show Putin's schizoids. Though they seem to be brainless already..."

What happened to the javelins against Russian armored vehicles? Did they expend their inventory? What about the starstreak what the UK supplied? Both were supposed to be quite lethal.
The Starstreak like the vehicles shown are also air defense. The Javelin is anti armor and per this, we had a lot them at one time. It is probably secret how many have been sent to Ukraine.

"How many Javelins does us have?

To date, the Javelin Joint Venture has produced more than 50,000 Javelin missiles and more than 12,000 reusable Command Launch Units.Sep 15, 2022"

Reactions: pink shizzle
The Starstreak like the vehicles shown are also air defense. The Javelin is anti armor and per this, we had a lot them at one time. It is probably secret how many have been sent to Ukraine.

"How many Javelins does us have?

To date, the Javelin Joint Venture has produced more than 50,000 Javelin missiles and more than 12,000 reusable Command Launch Units.Sep 15, 2022"
My contention was that the javelins etc would be a good stop gap until the heavy armor shows up.

My contention was that the javelins etc would be a good stop gap until the heavy armor shows up.
I think they are still doing fine with those. There is an older story where they mention the Javelin can be set to detonate into the top of the tank where its armor is thinnest.
https://coffeeordie.com/javelin-anti-tank-ukraine-russia/

But they still need the tanks for the offensive. The javelins would fit in for special forces or airborne troops who have to go in lightly armed.

Last edited:
You read that article and it is still in initial development phase and (supposedly) the 100 on order will not be complete until 2027. “On December 30, 2022, the first two attack helicopters from the modified Mi-28NM project were handed over to the Russian Armed Forces.”
Yeah, if the Russians had a wonder weapon they'd have deployed it in large numbers by now. The Russians have shown a lack of ability to project force via the air, so a few new helicopters won't counteract a timid, poorly coordinated air campaign. And, lots of their best operators are dead. It will be tough to rotate out news to train and man the new choppers.

Overall the tank count has been down. I think this is the result of the Russians pulling back / running away to settle into more defensive positions during Winter. If the Russians do make an attempt at an offensive. we will see the tank count blossom. It will only get worse for the Russians as their crews are less experienced, and the Ukrainians are gaining in battlefield coordination and training.

Overall the tank count has been down. I think this is the result of the Russians pulling back / running away to settle into more defensive positions during Winter. If the Russians do make an attempt at an offensive. we will see the tank count blossom. It will only get worse for the Russians as their crews are less experienced, and the Ukrainians are gaining in battlefield coordination and training.
Any clue whether any Ukrainian offensives have stalled? I know we all hate Russia but how is Ukraine doing? Reading the Wagner fighting, it seems like they've (Ukraine) has been taking heavy losses as well.

Any clue whether any Ukrainian offensives have stalled? I know we all hate Russia but how is Ukraine doing? Reading the Wagner fighting, it seems like they've (Ukraine) has been taking heavy losses as well.
"Kyiv’s forces are taking ground around a strategic city in the eastern Luhansk region, a senior U.S. military official said Monday, ahead of what is expected to be a new Ukrainian counteroffensive to retake territory this spring.

While the front lines in the fight remain largely static, as winter weather makes it difficult for tanks and armored vehicles to move quickly, the Pentagon is seeing Ukraine beginning to make progress. The strategic city, Kreminna, is seen as a gateway to Sievierodonetsk and Lysychansk, two key industrial centers in the Donbas region that Russia seized last summer."

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/01/23/u-s-ukraine-russia-military-gains-00079041

Reactions: HawkMD and GOHOX69
Fn5Im95WIAEQahA

The Ukrainians made their one big push, and have been recovering from their losses, plus training and arming new units. They started out with a massive manpower deficit compared to the Russians. I have hopes that they will make a strong move in the Spring.
The Wagner forces made some gains, but at an astonishing cost. It's true that the Russians don't care, but the loss/gain is out of whack. I've posted this before that I think the Wagner push around Bakhmut was simply to keep the Ukrainians occupied, and to bleed armaments and soldiers over the Winter. Militarily it has never made sense.

Maybe a few more details about the Leopard and Abrams.

"Germany has built more than 3,500 Leopard 2s since beginning production in 1978.

It is one of the most widely used Western tanks.

This not only means that several nations may be able to tap into their supplies to send tanks to Ukraine, but it will be easier for Kyiv to manage maintenance and crew training.

"Perhaps most critically, the Leopard is integrated into the NATO system of ammunition, equipment and materials so you can sustain, maintain and replace them very quickly," Mr Langford said.

A Leopard 2 tank is pictured during a demonstration event.

Another candidate for transfer to Ukraine.

"The French Mirages 2000-C are retiring, they could be used to intercept drones and other Russian cruise missiles. They could also serve as training planes so that Ukraine can train its future fighter pilots. Give them to the Ukrainians!"

Good for Ukraine!

"Feb 1 (Reuters) - President Vladimir Putin said on Wednesday that Russia's military must stop the shelling of Russian regions from Ukrainian territory, which he said had left many people homeless or without power.

Putin was addressing a government meeting about restoring destroyed housing and infrastructure in regions of southwest Russia that border Ukraine.

"Of course, the priority task is to eliminate the very possibility of shelling. But this is the business of the military department," Putin said in remarks published on the Kremlin website."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT