ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

Singapore isn't a shithole unless you chew gum and find yourself in the prison system. Or if you possess drugs. If you're hell bent on chewing gum and smoking weed, you might not want to go there.
I wouldn’t mind harsher crimes for littering in the US if it would clean it up. We don’t tend to do much of anything, and many areas (urban, rural, suburban) look like shitholes. I detest litterers.

Last edited:
I have been to all three countries multiple times and your characterization is definitely off base for Singapore. It is legal to chew gum there and I have. It is not legal to sell it. Drugs on the other hand can get you the death penalty!

As for not feeling sorry for a journalist shedding light on what is happening? How do you propose we learn about the current situation? You do you, but I for one admire people who go in harms way to bring us the truth.
12-14 years ago I got a 100 ruble ticket ($8) in the Moscow subway for taking pictures of the station. It was illegal then and I didn't know it. I think it is legal now. But if I was there doing that now, I could totally see getting thrown in jail for political reasons. Ridiculous that people would think I deserved it.

The comments to the video I posted showed a command/observation tower/building in the background, so it is likely training footage.
Soon Putin will find out how well they have been trained.
Fsf8ajhXgAICGsn

Last edited:
The electronic warfare comment is not good. Not good at all....

EW is probably the major component when operating in contested air space.

His analysis tempers things a bit as far as the "counter offensive" goes....
Hertling has been insightful, and I don’t want to seem too rosy in my non military analysis, but when have we seen Russia get better at anything? I am sure they are learning some things, but if anything their soldiers are less well trained, and even more poorly equipped in the last few months.

Hertling has been insightful, and I don’t want to seem too rosy in my non military analysis, but when have we seen Russia get better at anything? I am sure they are learning some things, but if anything their soldiers are less well trained, and even more poorly equipped in the last few months.
The three takeaways that are being worrisome are:

1. Russia getting better at EW
2. Russians being able to dig in and create in depth defenses the last 4 months
3. The uncertainty about how much punishment Ukraines experienced units have taken. He voiced concerns over Ukraine relying on “green” units for what will be complex offensive operations

He’s been a pretty positive dude so hearing that from him was a little startling

Last edited:
I pretty much take what hertling says as gospel.

The three takeaways that are being worrisome are:

1. Russia winning the EW battle.
2. Russians being able to dig in and create in depth defenses the last 4 months
3. The uncertainty about how much punishment Ukraines experienced units have taken. He voiced concerns over Ukraine relying on “green” units for what will be complex offensive operations

He’s been a pretty positive dude so hearing that from him was a little startling
Quote on #1? Perhaps I missed it but I thought he said Russia is getting better at EW, not that they are winning the EW battle.

Is there really just a whole bunch of vehicles in the middle of a wide open field?

Given that we've seen pics and vids of this kind of gathering for several days, my hope is that they aren't sitting for days like the Russian convoy did, and the videos are just trickling out.
As noted above this was certainly a training exercise. You can see the observation building in the background.

Reactions: HawkMD and thewop
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT