ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

"M/s Alpo​

– a tug boat built in the USA in 1943 for the Normandy landings. After surviving there undamaged, the tug came to Finland to carry out post-war mine clearance in the Gulf of Finland. In 1952, the tug moved to Oulu and worked as a harbour tug in Toppilansalmi."

https://www.dday-alpo.com/ms-alpo

Reactions: HawkMD and Torg
"The T55, T62, T64, T72 and T-80 tanks are now all in service in Ukraine, with Russia recommissioning its antiques having exhausted its stocks of the "modern" tank."

I have previously wondered in this thread when in the hell Russia would start running out of tanks. Hopefully, they are finally there.

Russia breached global chemical weapons ban in Ukraine war, US says​

WASHINGTON, May 1 (Reuters) - The United States on Wednesday accused Russia of violating the international chemical weapons ban by deploying the choking agent chloropicrin against Ukrainian troops and using riot control agents "as a method of warfare" in Ukraine.
"The use of such chemicals is not an isolated incident and is probably driven by Russian forces' desire to dislodge Ukrainian forces from fortified positions and achieve tactical gains on the battlefield," the State Department said in a statement.
https://www.reuters.com/world/europ...l-weapons-ban-ukraine-war-us-says-2024-05-01/

• Angry
Reactions: Torg and h-hawk
Yes, going to back to reality, that is the case:

Apr 23, 2024

Russian forces have made significant advances in a narrow corridor in eastern Ukraine as an offensive by Moscow to take territory before western military aid arrives appears to be gathering pace.

Footage posted by Kremlin military bloggers shows a Russian tricolour flying above the shattered village of Ocheretyne. Russian troops reportedly entered the territory on Sunday, north-west of the town of Avdiivka, after advancing about 5km in 10 days.

It comes as Ukraine’s foreign ministry said it was suspending consular services for military-age men living abroad, except for those heading back to Ukraine, in a move designed to increase conscription.

The Ukrainian army retreated from Avdiivka in February and has been trying to establish a new defensive line in settlements along the Durna River but in recent weeks reinforced Russian units have been pushing forward, using air-launched glide bombs to pulverise Ukrainian bunkers.

Moscow’s defence ministry claimed Ukrainian troops fled Ocheretyne in small groups and under heavy fire. Video showed a destroyed administration building, with its windows blown out and streets full of debris. Civilians appeared to have left.

Its capture means Russia has managed to bypass the northern flank of Ukraine’s recently constructed forward line, including minefields and trenches. The village – once home to 3,000 people, and a local road and rail hub – sits at the intersection of a network of defences.

Ukraine’s regional armed forces HQ admitted the situation was difficult.
Thanks for playing.

GMjm7m-XwAA93-W

• Sad
Reactions: HawkMD and Torg
This analysis disregards that Ukrainians are dying by the thousands. Do you think Ukraine will come out on top of a war of attrition with Russia?

What they are losing must be retaken, and we’ve witnessed the difficulty of that.

So I ask you again, do you think six months from now the Ukrainians will be in a better position?

• Haha
Reactions: noleclone2
This analysis disregards that Ukrainians are dying by the thousands. Do you think Ukraine will come out on top of a war of attrition with Russia?

What they are losing must be retaken, and we’ve witnessed the difficulty of that.

So I ask you again, do you think six months from now the Ukrainians will be in a better position?
Holy crap-talk about moving the goal posts. It is amazing how over the top pro Russia you are and have been for years. And shameful honestly since you are a US citizen. I am sorry you are so butt hurt that Russia is losing (in many ways has already lost) and the west and US have doubled down on their support of Ukraine to continue Russia’s slow dive into military and economic oblivion. And yes, it has come at a cost to the small country with a military not previously even ranked in top 30 that Russia invaded with what was thought to have been the second greatest military in world in a war of Russian aggression and terror.

I like it but don't want those people getting my money.

She is straight up Q. The transformation is complete. She has been marginalized by Johnson, and the standard right leaning press, but my fear is that only emboldens her, and makes her even louder. Biden should deport her to Russia where she'll be happier and fit in better.

I've given up on the casualties. Their Orwellian state controls messaging and protests so harshly they will never run out of young men to kill. I think the only way it stops is if they don't have equipment to use and weapons to fire.
I am not sure. It is fair to assume that Putin has an inexhaustible supply of peasants to burn through, but mass movement has started in the hinterlands in Russia before. It has not been purely the elites of St. Petersburg and Moscow in the vanguard. Media controls are easy, but I wonder how overarching the control will be in regional capitals and small cities? The war is bleeding resources. The post later on yesterday about the continued uprisings in Georgia are big trouble for Putin. Kazakhstan peeling away is big trouble for Putin. Cracks are there, how wide they get, and how can the West nudge them into widening is the question.

I haven’t moved any goalposts.
I asked you a question several pages ago that you keep avoiding:

Yes. Without a doubt. You already can see a momentum shift. Only thing left now for Putler is to throw everything he has at getting Trump elected and hope funding from US goes away the day Trump is inaugurated. But even then, I think the rest of NATO is on board seeing it through and Russia will continue to spiral downward. As always, you continue to ignore what this massive folly has cost Russia.

I am not sure. It is fair to assume that Putin has an inexhaustible supply of peasants to burn through, but mass movement has started in the hinterlands in Russia before. It has not been purely the elites of St. Petersburg and Moscow in the vanguard. Media controls are easy, but I wonder how overarching the control will be in regional capitals and small cities? The war is bleeding resources. The post later on yesterday about the continued uprisings in Georgia are big trouble for Putin. Kazakhstan peeling away is big trouble for Putin. Cracks are there, how wide they get, and how can the West nudge them into widening is the question.
Hopefully, but I think that is a resource (other than humans) allocation issue. The resource issue could be decisive. Rounding up meat for the grinder will not be, imho.

Reactions: noleclone2 and Torg
Yes. Without a doubt. You already can see a momentum shift. Only thing left now for Putler is to throw everything he has at getting Trump elected and hope funding from US goes away the day Trump is inaugurated. But even then, I think the rest of NATO is on board seeing it through and Russia will continue to spiral downward. As always, you continue to ignore what this massive folly has cost Russia.
This last round of aid will hopefully be massive enough to get Ukraine through it even if Trump takes office.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT