ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

Patriot missiles to Poland-why not send them to Ukraine with "instructors". That is where they are needed.
Given the defensive nature of the system, this should be kept on the cascade of options, but we're probably a couple of steps from it yet.

• Sad
Reactions: h-hawk
I agree with Whiskey on that take.

Blaming "the West" for Russia's crimes is asinine. We are doing what we can short of declaring war on Russia.
Bet you won't make that mistake again!!! There is a difference between responding to Putin bombing maternity wards with "It sucks, but we can't risk WWIII" and a diatribe of "Go **** yourself Zelensky . We are trying to avoid a world War while sneaking you tech your country wouldn't have in 100 years if you were on your own"

I'll stand by my take. **** Putin, not Zelensky.

The Ukraine president is allowed to be upset. Dude is desperate and doing everything he can.

Given the defensive nature of the system, this should be kept on the cascade of options, but we're probably a couple of steps from it yet.
Our original reason (supposedly) was that there were none available and they required extensive training. But since we are afraid to send them aircraft, this seems the least we could do as far as air defense at altitude.

Our original reason (supposedly) was that there were none available and they required extensive training. But since we are afraid to send them aircraft, this seems the least we could do as far as air defense at altitude.
The "least" we can do is probably "Stingers Galore!!!". Then, some other forms of fixed SAM systems associated more with anti aircraft defense.

Incidentally, it has always been my sense (and I may be wrong here) that the Patriot system was primarily (though not an exclusively) an anti-ballistic missile defense system. While I have seen the reports to the effect that RUS has fired x numbers of missiles, I have not seen anything about the missile types. It's certainly possible that another reason for nondeployment is that they're overkill for the nature/mix of the airborne threats ukr is facing. But again, I don't know. Another thing I wonder about is the degree to which RUS's potential "counter" would be hypersonics. While I take their previous public tests/communications about hypersonic capabilities with a very very very large grain of salt, it could well be that's something that we don't want to tempt them to use.

That’s nice…..but security guarantees from Russia are worth about as much as the paper they will be printed on. Heck they already had security guarantees when they gave up their nukes right?
i think you are misinterpreting the tweet. the "guarantor" would not be russia, but some western entity. In other words, they are not talking about a bilateral peace agreement. (WWI be damned!)

Me only now just realizing that Whiskey is just another dadgum alt troll account started less than 2 years ago by the same angry attention whore troll who started all those other angry alt accounts I blocked.

trailer-park-boys-blinds.gif

Me only now just realizing that Whiskey is just another dadgum alt troll account started less than 2 years ago by the same angry attention whore troll who started all those other angry alt accounts I blocked.

Guess again bro. My previous handle was "wasnt drunk didn't troll" aka "wddt" and I went to this for getting kicked off the main board for going after a husker ( goes by rubrummagnusvirtue now).

I dare say I have one of the most recognizable posting styles on the board. Wouldn't make much sense for me to make.alt handles.

Also, **** yourself piss pants. I got a kick out of your bitch ass attempt to throw shade with your "true colors" post, Only to get your dick drug through the dirt.

oooh, that's a sharp shirt, but an awfully misleading political solicitation. I'd do it if I thought i wouldn't end up on another political spam text list. On the other hand, I'd definitely do it if i thought I could get off the one i'm already on.

EDIT: THE MORE I THINK ABOUT IT, THE MORE DESPICABLE THAT SOLICITATION IS. THIS IS NOT MONEY GOING FOR ANY FORM OF UKRAINIAN RELIEF.

Last edited:

Not a troll. Just has a giant chip on his shoulder. There are times when he can admit error, but this is different than just being wrong about something. This is an example of him misunderstanding something and - even worse - multiple people point it out and explained it to him.

That's akin to torture for someone with his chip on the shoulder insecurity. Rather than acknowledge what most of us would just consider a simple mistake and no big deal, he's got to dig in, and do his routine that many of us now mock. You know the pisspants stuff, and the aggressive nonsense.

Still better and more entertaining than most of the rightwing nuts on here.

Bet you won't make that mistake again!!! There is a difference between responding to Putin bombing maternity wards with "It sucks, but we can't risk WWIII" and a diatribe of "Go **** yourself Zelensky . We are trying to avoid a world War while sneaking you tech your country wouldn't have in 100 years if you were on your own"

I'll stand by my take. **** Putin, not Zelensky.

The Ukraine president is allowed to be upset. Dude is desperate and doing everything he can.
EL OH EL at "**** yourself" hurting your feelings. We are supporting him, if he has a hard time understanding the extremes people are going to in order to support him yet keep this thing at a simmer he just need to be told to **** himself and cool his tits.

Not a troll. Just has a giant chip on his shoulder. There are times when he can admit error, but this is different than just being wrong about something. This is an example of him misunderstanding something and - even worse - multiple people point it out and explained it to him.

That's akin to torture for someone with his chip on the shoulder insecurity. Rather than acknowledge what most of us would just consider a simple mistake and no big deal, he's got to dig in, and do his routine that many of us now mock. You know the pisspants stuff, and the aggressive nonsense.

Hell of a narrative, the word democracy is used once in that article and it is somwthing like "democracies need stability" nothing along the lines of democracies winning, banning together, nothing. Good article that isn't worth a shit because they are trying to score dumb ****ing points.

So you think he just joined here March 11, 2020 and has no other accounts? I swear there are or were some other accounts with same modus operandi.

So you think he just joined here March 11, 2020 and has no other accounts? I swear there are or were some other accounts with same modus operandi.

Yeah, I don't think he has any other accounts. I don't get the weird, basement dwelling, multiple internet persona feel from him at all. His posting style is also very consistent - doll with a string on his back level - to the point where it's easy for posters to mock it and others to recognize it.

If he was able to turn that style off and post under a alt, I would be shocked.

Yeah, I don't think he has any other accounts. I don't get the weird, basement dwelling, multiple internet persona feel from him at all. His posting style is also very consistent - doll with a string on his back level - to the point where it's easy for posters to mock it and others to recognize it.

If he was able to turn that style off and post under a alt, I would be shocked.
Top notch detective work there single speed.

Hell of a narrative, the word democracy is used once in that article and it is somwthing like "democracies need stability" nothing along the lines of democracies winning, banning together, nothing. Good article that isn't worth a shit because they are trying to score dumb ****ing points.

Just trying to explain for others, as I suspect some are baffled, while others have seen it before.

I've been reading two rationales for why the United States shouldn't act. One is that the Russians have nukes and we don't want to risk a nuclear exchange that would end humanity. The other is that Ukraine is not a member of NATO, so we have no obligation to help them.
We have no NATO obligation to help them.

There is absolutely a humanitarian obligation to help them, and prevent their cities and hospitals from being leveled.

oooh, that's a sharp shirt, but an awfully misleading political solicitation. I'd do it if I thought i wouldn't end up on another political spam text list. On the other hand, I'd definitely do it if i thought I could get off the one i'm already on.

EDIT: THE MORE I THINK ABOUT IT, THE MORE DESPICABLE THAT SOLICITATION IS. THIS IS NOT MONEY GOING FOR ANY FORM OF UKRAINIAN RELIEF.

Maybe, but I really like the shirt

It was a good article ruined by a bullshit agenda.

Right, and I was trying to explain to others that if it wasn't for the giant chip on your shoulder you could have simply acknowledged that you misunderstood what the author was saying rather than "sticking to your guns" with this "bullshit agenda" story.

Either way, it's in the past, some might find the explanation useful and will be able to better tailor their messages for you in the coming pages of this thread.

Absolutely

When a Putin puppet put in charge was ramping up to "withdraw". And absolutely would have with a 2nd term.
I must have missed the "withdrawl" part. I rmemeber Trump saying the other nato members needed to pay their membership dues but not that he would withdraw. Can you point me in the direction if a link to that?

Reactions: 86Hawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT