ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

Right, and I was trying to explain to others that if it wasn't for the giant chip on your shoulder you could have simply acknowledged that you misunderstood what the author was saying rather than "sticking to your guns" with this "bullshit agenda" story.

Either way, it's in the past, some might find the explanation useful and will be able to better tailor their messages for you in the coming pages of this thread.

I don't know or care what is on your shoulder but it seems to be blocking the simple fact that all those things people said it kinda means we're even referenced. It isn't a "liberal democracy" in that article. The word democracy is used once. It's a decent article that went to shit with a dumb agenda.

So if Putin and his gang start the mass murder (let’s say 100k) of Ukrainian citizens, including women and children, would this be enough to declare war? It would be for me. Such sad times.
We’ve passed this threshold in other instances and kept helping the invaders.

23 Nov 2021
A new United Nations report has projected that the death toll from Yemen’s war will reach 377,000 by the end of 2021, including those killed as a result of indirect and direct causes.
In a report published on Tuesday, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) estimated that 70 percent of those killed would be children under the age of five.

Incidentally, it has always been my sense (and I may be wrong here) that the Patriot system was primarily (though not an exclusively) an anti-ballistic missile defense system.
It was developed to shoot down planes.
It’s been upgraded to work better than it originally did with intercepting ballistic missiles, because we’re more likely to have that overhead of friendlies than an enemy aircraft.

This - on a milder scale - sounds eerily like trying to talk to a certain sub-group of people here in this country.
They probably think their phones are bugged and they don’t want to acknowledge what their relatives in Ukraine are telling them.

This is exactly right. If the threat of nuclear war is the main reason for the west not to act here . Then following that logic, no we shouldn’t defend anywhere besides our own borders….
Not exactly. The NATO angle is also part of Putin’s calculus. This is what keeps the scenario mentioned very unlikely. The fact that NATO would implement Article 5 is what makes it different. It has nothing to do with morality.

Reactions: torbee
I am sure I missed it but why in the hell are NATO , Poland or US not getting the planes to Ukraine. We can basically give them anything else, but planes cross the line?
Not sure - the point is valid. I know some of concern is flying directly from a NATO country or US base so maybe have to work it out. But yeah the stingers and javelins are just as deadly.

Reactions: bdg8
It was developed to shoot down planes.
It’s been upgraded to work better than it originally did with intercepting ballistic missiles, because we’re more likely to have that overhead of friendlies than an enemy aircraft.
Well this sounds very convenient 😎.

I am sure I missed it but why in the hell are NATO , Poland or US not getting the planes to Ukraine. We can basically give them anything else, but planes cross the line?
No need for "NATO"

Get your "coalition" together and declare a no fly zone.
So long as the Russians stay out of NATO airspace and NATO lands, there's no reason for NATO to be involved.

Reactions: h-hawk
Not sure - the point is valid. I know some of concern is flying directly from a NATO country or US base so maybe have to work it out.

Who cares what "base" they fly in or out of, provided they do not violate Russia's airspace.
They fly into Ukraine based on Ukraine allowing it; Russia has no say in who Ukraine grants airspace "rights" to declare no fly zones.

Sorry about that, I was quoting Semennole97. I guess you got drug along.
giphy.gif

I have to wonder if the US/NATO response would be different if we weren't getting all these reports of the Ukranian fighters holding their own against the ground forces/tanks of Russia?

Either way, I agree with many that the hospital attacks are a red line for me.

We need to "fvck Russia up".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT