ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

I wonder of this will end Belarus' protection from the war. It seems to me (no expert) that Russia will use the new base for launching the north pincer of the attack on Kiev.

I suspect it will take years to build that many more of the self propelled howitzers even if Germany approved this. Germany accepted 185 of the Panzer 2000 between 1998 and 2002 and is said to still have 108 of them per WIKI.

Reactions: HawkMD
FV9eHxXXkAIzvRI

FV9fe4ZXoAQ5rwH

Even if Belarus doesn't get involved they pose a problem for Ukraine. Just putting their forces along the border forces Ukraine to put assets along that border, just in case....assets they need to fight the Russians.
I believe the original force structure was somewhere around 50 percent of Ukraine's forces were in the Donbas region at the start of the war. That is where there already was shooting. The southern. area near Crimea, and the region around Kiev split the rest. The smaller forces in those two regions did epic work in holding off the Russians. I suspect Ukraine still has considerable forces near Kiev. It is integral to their goal of returning some normalcy to their citizenry and economy. Maybe the Russians are staging some forces, but I suspect they are mostly going to be air assets. They made a giant mistake in spreading out their ground forces during the initial invasion.
I will repeat something about Lukashenko. He will wind up like Ceausescu, being shot in front of a wall with his family if he invades Ukraine. He seems intent on constantly affirming Putin that he is helping, while leaving himself an out.

I believe the original force structure was somewhere around 50 percent of Ukraine's forces were in the Donbas region at the start of the war. That is where there already was shooting. The southern. area near Crimea, and the region around Kiev split the rest. The smaller forces in those two regions did epic work in holding off the Russians. I suspect Ukraine still has considerable forces near Kiev. It is integral to their goal of returning some normalcy to their citizenry and economy. Maybe the Russians are staging some forces, but I suspect they are mostly going to be air assets. They made a giant mistake in spreading out their ground forces during the initial invasion.
I will repeat something about Lukashenko. He will wind up like Ceausescu, being shot in front of a wall with his family if he invades Ukraine. He seems intent on constantly affirming Putin that he is helping, while leaving himself an out.
I think you’re correct that Lukashenko isn’t likely to get directly involved.

They can play a role simply by placing forces on the border and making it look like they’re preparing to attack. Even without doing so Ukraine has to protect against the possibility. Can’t just leave that border open….

They’d basically take whatever forces they commit out of the real fight….

I just wanted to post this daily experience for those that don't go into the twitter sites. The missile attacks happen everyday so the warnings and all clears do also.

May well end up being a Pyrrhic victory for Russia. (A pyrrhic victory is a victory that comes at a great cost, perhaps making the ordeal to win not worth it. It relates to Pyrrhus, a king of Epirus who defeated the Romans in 279 BCE but lost many of his troops.)Factoid

Are reports still indicating a shift in power to Ukraine later this summer? It's not looking good for Ukraine as of late. The Russians seem to be advancing a little better.

Are reports still indicating a shift in power to Ukraine later this summer? It's not looking good for Ukraine as of late. The Russians seem to be advancing a little better.
Hopefully in making these gains, the Russians are punching themselves out of gas, and Ukraine cleans up in later rounds against an exhausted opponent.

Reactions: Torg and VodkaSam
Help me out. I follow this more closely than most americans and I have no idea what the LNR is.*

*edited to note the are Kremlin backed separatists. If so, why do they have German and American weapons?
I'm sure it is stuff that has been captured during the back and forth on the battlefields. The LNR may not know how to use it or are that desperate for food.

Reactions: Tenacious E
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT